OK! The latest thing I've worked on as far as the seat mod.is I've come up with 2 configurations.Using a seat from a wrecked bike fm. the local salvage yard,(I'm using a gold wing seat trimmed to fit on top of the spyder as a mock up),the first configuration is a clean cutout from the left side of the seat around the fuel inlet and using high grade velcro strips,lining the area around the cutout on the spyder and the panel removed fm.the seat and attaching a small pull tab on the panel,pressed the panel into place to cover the gas cap.Aspyder club member on this site had the great idea of a locking gas cap fm.HD.Had an old locking cap fm.an FL and it worked! This configuration retains the OEM seat latch.The 2nd.configuration is a bit more trickey.I'm looking to relocate the seat catch underneath(moving it farther back abit or changing position so as not to upset the seat hydraulics),then splitting the seat in the front half and attaching the front half w/either snaps or sliding clips.Have taken pictures of the configs.(about 40 in all) and sorting them out to give everyone the best idea of how the seat evolution is coming.It is very tedious but worth it.My son is a GREAT help!Will post the crude research in the next week.IMPROVISE-ADAPT-OVERCOME!