• There were many reasons for the change of the site software, the biggest was security. The age of the old software also meant no server updates for certain programs. There are many benefits to the new software, one of the biggest is the mobile functionality. Ill fix up some stuff in the coming days, we'll also try to get some of the old addons back or the data imported back into the site like the garage. To create a thread or to reply with a post is basically the same as it was in the prior software. The default style of the site is light colored, but i temporarily added a darker colored style, to change you can find a link at the bottom of the site.

What did you do to/with your Spyder today?

Finished my 5 mile early morning pedal bike ride in the RV resort and put on my riding gear at 6:45 I was off on a ride from Gold Canyon, Az to Canyon Lake/Tortilla Flats on the local twisty fun road. Few 2 wheels going out and cars and motorcycles coming back.

This afternoon, I re-engineered my phone holder to what I did on the Washington Spyder. I drill and tapped 10-24 screw holes in the handle back to mount the RAM ball.

Washington
View attachment 257018

Arizona
View attachment 257019

This is the old setup and I wanted the phone closer to the handle bar.

View attachment 257020
I got the phone positioned where I wanted it, and then glued a piece of hard foam between the phone holder and the handle bar. Just did a ride this morning and the phone is rock solid.

Hard foam.jpg
 
Rode from Cedar City Utah to Tonopah, Nevada. Weather was in the upper 70s and nothing but blue sky. Did not see any Extraterrestrials on their highway, but did see some cattle, a roadrunner, and some gigantic mud blobs along US-6. Heading home to Sactown tomorrow. Probably, this 4-day trip will be my last before the rain/snow comes.
 
I have no delusions that ATGATT will save me in every case, but I assure you I will, at the very least, be able to have an open casket funeral. So far I could have ridden almost naked the last 50 years as I have never needed to use the protection it offers.
I am not pushing my views or opinions on anyone. I am just suggesting (as others have on this forum) that in evaluating the risk factors of riding without benefit of a steel cage, Spyder riders I think have much less chance of encountering a situation where being dumped onto the pavement at speed is a consideration, than do riders of 2-wheeled motorcycles. Whether or not to factor that into one's thinking when choosing what to wear on a given ride is a purely personal choice.

I hope I have stated that in a way that doesn't offend anyone, but rather adds constructively to the discussion. You don't have to agree with me, and many don't, and that's okay with me.
 
IMG_0662.jpeg

Temperature was low 50’s in the morning with a high of 80 both Saturday and Sunday. Even though we had lots to do this weekend, with new pastor installation services this weekend, I was still able to get 220 miles in on the BMW Saturday, and another 110 miles on the F3 on Sunday. During Saturday’s ride, I passed a familiar spot twice and on the second time I stopped and asked my buddy, “did you see a buffalo back there?” He said, sure did, so we went back to snap a couple of pictures.
 
Back
Top