Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: The Villages

  1. #26
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    nystate
    Posts
    8
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog1 View Post
    Any Can-Am clubs there any resident have one ? Moving there shortly and my next step is to obtain a Can-Am.
    we just took the tour of the villages and are contemplating buying in. we have a spyder, too.
    ~ WindInMyHair ~

  2. #27
    Invalid Emails
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Deland, FL
    Posts
    156
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Great club in The Villages

    There is a motorcycle club in The Villages that is great. It is called The Village Nomads. A few have Can Ams and they have all kinds of bikes. They do a breakfast ride every Wed & Sat and a lunch ride on Thursdays. I lived in The Villages 15 years, just got to crowded. The club has a great web site
    www.thevillagenomads.com. All kinds of info and they have a monthly meeting the first Monday of the month with interesting speakers on bike topics. My advise is Do Not User the dealer in Ocala, they are terrible. If you want new, go to Sanford to Seminole Power Sports. Good dealer with good mechanics and friendly. I loved the club and used to plan all their lunch rides for the last 3 years I was there. I am now in Deland and I print their schedule that I started there for all the rides and when they come my way I meet up with them. Sometimes I get up and ride the hour and a quarter out there in the morning to meet the group and ride for the day. I usually do this when they are going toward the West Coast and when they come East I meet them here. Good luck. You will enjoy the club and your Spyder. Bought mine use this year and gave up my Harley Ultra Classic. I'm new to this forum but watch it all the time and have to take the time to get on some pics etc. Lots of great info on Spyders in here.

  3. #28
    Invalid Emails
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Plymouth, Vt.
    Posts
    125
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    The great thing about the Villages, is that if you have an activity or hobby that you can't find, then you can start one. They publish a weekly paper that lists all the activities going on (and there are tons of them), and where and when they meet, and sometimes a name and/or a contact number.
    I've been down to the Villages about a half a dozen times, and thoroughly enjoy my time down there. I've also spent the last few days looking at homes for sale down there.....considering putting up my log home and 10 acres in Vermont on the market. I'd bring my Spyder there in a heartbeat.

  4. #29
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    The Villages, FL
    Posts
    2
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default The Village Nomads Motorcycle Club

    Quote Originally Posted by Seadog1 View Post
    Any Can-Am clubs there any resident have one ? Moving there shortly and my next step is to obtain a Can-Am.
    I live in the Villages and ride a F3T. The Nomads motorcycle club has close to 300 members (all motorcycles welcome). They have three scheduled rides a week; breakfast rides on Weds and Sat, and lunch rides on Thursdays (leave from Mulberry Rec Ctr)....do charity rides and escort the Honor Flight Veterans on a frequent basis. Also have 4-5 long trips planned throughout the year. Meetings are the first Monday of every month (7:00pm) at the Allamanda Recreation Center. Provide proper riding classes and offer many specialized riding courses around central Florida.
    Don't know of any Spyder clubs in The Villages, but we have quite a few Can Am riders in the Nomads.

  5. #30
    Registered Users
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    The Villages, FL
    Posts
    2
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobleach45 View Post
    There is a motorcycle club in The Villages that is great. It is called The Village Nomads. A few have Can Ams and they have all kinds of bikes. They do a breakfast ride every Wed & Sat and a lunch ride on Thursdays. I lived in The Villages 15 years, just got to crowded. The club has a great web site
    www.thevillagenomads.com. All kinds of info and they have a monthly meeting the first Monday of the month with interesting speakers on bike topics. My advise is Do Not User the dealer in Ocala, they are terrible. If you want new, go to Sanford to Seminole Power Sports. Good dealer with good mechanics and friendly. I loved the club and used to plan all their lunch rides for the last 3 years I was there. I am now in Deland and I print their schedule that I started there for all the rides and when they come my way I meet up with them. Sometimes I get up and ride the hour and a quarter out there in the morning to meet the group and ride for the day. I usually do this when they are going toward the West Coast and when they come East I meet them here. Good luck. You will enjoy the club and your Spyder. Bought mine use this year and gave up my Harley Ultra Classic. I'm new to this forum but watch it all the time and have to take the time to get on some pics etc. Lots of great info on Spyders in here.
    Hey Bob, how you doing? Glad to hear you are getting around now. Heard I missed you a couple of weeks ago when the Nomads traveled to your neighborhood. Bought a 2016 F3T. Hope to see you soon.
    Mike

  6. #31
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    LaPorte, Indiana
    Posts
    133
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Was just there two weeks ago. Saw 5 Spyders go by in about 1 hour. They are around, but no formal Spyder Club.

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    the villages fl
    Posts
    3
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default the Villages

    There is now a spyder ryders club in The Villages , we now have over 60 members, we have weekly rides and many other activities. If anyone is visiting or moving here please feel free to look us up

  8. #33
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    North Central Florida
    Posts
    2,492
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psdr View Post
    There is now a spyder ryders club in The Villages , we now have over 60 members, we have weekly rides and many other activities. If anyone is visiting or moving here please feel free to look us up
    I'm looking. How exactly do I FIND you ??

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •