Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
In Georgia the carry permit is for open or concealed... no difference. It is called a Weapons Carry Permit or WCP and is not known as a CCW. Georgia is also a Stand Your Ground State and allows one to protect themselves when under threat of danger.

Thanks for the heads up on Florida.... too bad all the states can't get together on some of this stuff.
Virginia is an open carry state, no permit needed. We also do not have a castle law, if someone is threatening me I must back away and attempt to get out of situation before drawing my gun. If I get cornered, I must give one last warning "I have a gun and will use it if you continue." Then and only then am I allowed to defend myself or the kids. That is why our safe room is the bathroom, it is point furtherest from the front door. I will always know where the kids are, because they are laying down behind me in the tub. I choose to get my conceal carry because there is no reason for a stranger to know that I have a gun. It is for the protect of myself and my girls.

I know the laws.