I know there is a lot of articles about the 2019 and below RT seats but unless i am heavier than most riders some information was left out. Lets start out with what this seat is really designed for, it is designed for the taller rider to give them 1.5 inches extra space in the drivers seat. Now, it does this not by removing space from the passenger seat but by taking it from the drivers backrest section. Actually the passenger also gets a extra inch of actual seat space. Now the seat does produce the space advertised however it has its draw backs. Let me explain.

I am 230lbs 6' tall, I replaced the stock seat on my 2019 RTL with the BRP Comfort seat really because it was the cheaper alternative than 800.00 -1600.00 aftermarket seat. Installed the seat and man it was soft, you could nearly put your fist through the seat it seemed. This seemed perfect. Take it out for an extended ride and then my tail bone started to ache. I mean it ached even after i stopped riding. At this point i figured it was me so i tried AirHawk cushion and no matter how i adjusted the air in it i was still hurting.

So after balling up my fist and just pushing into the seat to see if there were any reason for this i found it. The problem is the Backrest supports in the Comfort seat pan was causing my discomfort. So I already had purchased an after market backset (again because it was cheaper than BRP) i figured "What the Heck! What is happening is the soft foam padding in the seat with a 230lb rider is allowing the rider to sit on this seat pan because of how it is made. No matter cushion you put on the seat its going to happen unless you sit on a bed mattress. So because i have an aftermarket back rest i got my Dremel and started operation, First operation was the backrest brackets nut holders that have less than 1/2 of foam from your butt to the bracket nuts. With Dremel in hand i cut these bracket mounts off the seat pad. Filled the hole with some Pipe wrap styrofoam to keep the heat out and went for a ride.

Awe, I thought i got it BUT, after several 100 miles later i started to get this dull numbing pain in my tail bone, it wasnt like it was before where it actually hurt but this time it was like someone just poking you and never letting off. After doing the fist jab again i find what was causing this dull numbing pain, it is where the seat pad was made allowance for the cross over frame support bar. I tested this theory by sliding up on the seat closer to the glove box and what do you know, it was so comfy. BUT, sitting this close to the glove box counteracted the reason i bought the Comfort seat. SO me being me i got out the dremel again and removed the part of the seat pan that goes up and over the frame support. Stuffed some pipe styrofoam in it to keep the heat out and only time will tell if it worked or i goofed.

But i do want to say that AirHawks are good seat cushions but you need to first see what it causing your pain, if your pain is caused by the seat being to hard then a cushion should work for you, but it you are hurting because of the design of the seat pad, you are going to catch the devil trying to get a cushion to fix that especially on filled with air because the sir is going to go where it is less restricted and in my case because the seat pan is made like it is the air would go to the front of the pad under my thighs and not stay between my but and the seat pan.

So in conclusion i HOPE i finally got this seat right for me and anyone on the small side, probably want have this issue but for me, a hunch backed 230 lb 6' tall ex harley rider it gave me issues. Vertically Challenge people probably wouldnt have this issue either and would probably benefit from the soft foam that is in the BRP comfort seat but if you have to seat back closer than about 3 inches to the back support (this is where the seat pan level changes to get over the frame cross member) if you start to fill some pain im sure it is the Seat pan you are feeling.