Thought perhaps I should post this as a 'heads-up' for others.

I have about 18,000 km (12,000 mi) on my 2017 F3L. A couple of months back, while winter riding in FL, I did a 'hard' stop one morning, and noticed a fairly severe pull to the right - the Spyder dipped sharply and ducked to the curb. Prior to this, my brakes had been working fine. The handling was also good. I don't believe it had anything to do with alignment, tire pressure difference or any other cause. Since then, while doing 'normal' riding and fairly regular braking, the 'pull' to the right was not very noticeable. Under heavy/panic-type stops, it was much more evident. As it was nearing time for my second service/oil change, etc., I decided to wait a few weeks and have it checked when I got back home. We are fortunate to have an excellent, very thorough dealer where I bought the Spyder - H B Cycle, in Lindsay, ON. It went in the other day for service, with an additional request to check out the brakes.

The service manager was on the phone to me this morning; he had personally done a test ride. He was quite concerned about the severe pull when he tested panic stops - my bike was a "real danger". The brake system was thoroughly checked; no fault codes were found. The brake fluid was bled from the lines and replaced to ensure there was no failure due to air bubbles. Didn't solve the problem. He then went on line to the special BRP site where dealers can report and compare notes about problems and possible repairs. It seems there have been a few similar reports where Spyders have experienced severe pulling to one side or the other under heavy/panic braking pressure. The cause seems to be that the calipers on one side don't close equally in pressure. The solution appears to be replacement of the weak side calipers. Thankfully, my bike is under warranty, and the parts have been ordered; I hope to be road-worthy in a few days.

I'm told there have been several cases reported, though not many. Prior to this, my Spyder had no known issues. Indeed, the service manager said he found the bike to be in great condition and handled well otherwise. I have to say that I have so far been very impressed with my F3L; I expect that my happy experience will continue. I'm also impressed with the service/attention I get at this dealership. The only thing one has to put up with is that these guys are always so busy, that it's usual to have to book in advance and be prepared to wait in line. No wonder; they have a great reputation throughout my area, and guys come in from miles away for service (on all manner and make of vehicles).

Long story short: it seems that there have been at least a few cases where the Spyder brake system can get out of sync, and that this may be caused by weakness in the front calipers on one side or the other. I guess I'll find out soon enough whether replacement of the weak side works for me. In the meantime, I'm flagging this for any others who may feel their bikes aren't holding straight and true under heavy braking. If anyone has had a similar problem, I'd appreciate hearing about it. Thanks.