Sometime it's easier to grit one's teeth and write the check. Me, if I can do it myself, I will continue to do so. I have ramps, a jack for the back, and a safety stand for the rear. Doesn't really take long at all to get the bike in the air high enough. I have a motorcycle lift that I used on previous bikes, but it kinda gets in the way. I have used it to get the whole bike in the air to swing out the sway bar - with safety stands; but it's easier to ride the bike up on the ramps, lift the back, and have full access under the bike. A guy in our neighborhood who I know has a Spyder, just takes it to the dealer and pays the price. It's worth it to him. Now when it comes time to change the plugs, that's gonna take some real thought to decide if I want the hassle. But, I'm retired and living in an area where the weather is nice from late Fall to early Spring. I can imagine my carport tastefully decorated with bright red Spyder tupperware, and assorted parts for a couple of days. What else do I have to do with my time? Ride? Yeah, ok, there's that.