Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder In The East

mmexport1383718786369.jpgmmexport1383718758359.jpgmmexport1383718745878.jpgHi everyone,

I just joined this forum recently after getting my Spyder, a 2013 RT Limited... I will try to post my experience in owning, riding and modifying it to make it even better, hopefully on a regular basis... the pictures above are taken during pre-delivery...

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Spyder Garage

and on your new .

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Welcome, good looking Ryde

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the PARTEEE!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Welcome, and many happy and fun filled kilometers!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

glad you could joins us in the roadster world and this site...that is what one calls EAST..enjoy your ryde and be safe. We will be here to help you have a great experience...!! !
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

and on your new Ryde.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder

on your new spyder

Happy Riding,
    Bob

Spyder Garage

WELCOME!! CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE

Spyder Garage

Congrats and
    2015 Intense Red Pearl RTS SE6 - Laser Alignment by Precisyon Trac, Tri-Axis handle bars, ? to be determined.

2014 XLR Viper 305V14 Toyhauler (Home)
    2015 Ram 3500HD Crew Cab

Former Spyders
    2010 Blue RT A&C SE5 53K plus miles - never left us stranded!
    2013 Pure Magnesium Metallic ST SE5 11K plus miles - never left us stranded!

Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard! You can find anything Spyder related, on this Forum, that you may need. Enjoy your new ride, The more you ride the more you will love it.
    Stan
    Happy Spyderlovers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you everyone for all the welcomes...

.... it really warms my heart and makes me feel at home...

Let me share with you my trip to getting the Spyder... during my younger days, my dream bike was the Goldwing, luxury touring at its best then, but I couldn't afford one...now, when I have the means to buy one, I couldn't ride one.... the Goldwing has grown too big and heavy for me to handle, I'm only about 1.56 metres, that's a little over 5 feet.... then I saw the Spyder RT, and I told myself, that is my "Goldwing"... that was in 2011 and also about the time I found SL and being a "lurker" from then till now,... when the 2013 RTs were introduced in Sep 2012, I booked one and waited... and waited..... and waited.... due to some hiccups on the dealers part, they only managed to deliver mine last month!....goodness knows when I can get my Spyder if I book a 2014 RTs!... in a way, I'm glad that mine is a 2013 Spyder, because our transport department charges annual road taxes according to engine capacity, and the 2014s will command a much higher tax then the 2013s....

Spyder Garage

Default My first ride on the Spyder out of the dealer's parking lot...

... was a harrowing experience for me and my wife... the stalled barely 30m from where it was parked, and I have to hurriedly remember how to start it when it is in gear.... after restarting it and managed to move onto the main road, I have to mentally remember to change up the gears at 5K rpm... then I approached the first corner on the road and went in too fast... and panic... we both nearly got thrown off the ....thank goodness for VSS... from then on I take it real slow and easy, hardly getting out of third gear... then the sky opens up suddenly and it rain cats and dogs, and we were both thoroughly soaked before we had a chance to stop and put on our rain gears... and we just carry on since we were already wet... then we reached the first stop light and the cooling fan turns on and blast out a barrage of steam from the right vent... the cars around us thought that our was burning up... after that, reached home and hit the sack, and I was wondering what sort of beast have I got myself?....

Spyder Garage

and enjoy your new .

Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks... and like wine, it does get better with age...

... after spending more riding time on my , I'm getting used to it now... prepare for the corner, lean towards the inside, and powers through, and yeah, I agree, the VSS cuts in too soon and too much!... but I guess it needs to protect people like me, a newbie, from hurting myself... I think I need less learning time than other two wheel riders switching over to the s, since my last bike is a DN-01 (Yes, Do Not Order 1, but I did...), which I still have, it is quite similiar to the , no clutch handle, foot brake, auto transmission... I have been alternating between these two rides so as not to alienate myself from two wheelers completely and can enjoy the attributes both of such rides can offer...

Spyder Garage

Default Finally reached 600...

... kilometres, that is,.... yeah, I know, took me a long time... being rather busy lately because of year end work and also of our department relocation... maybe I get the award for the shortest distance travelled on a for a given length of time.... anyway, got some time last weekend and took apart some Tupperware so as to take a look inside the for the first time and found the following...

DSC_0025.jpgDSC_0024.jpgDSC_0023.jpg
    ...looks like Can Am have already installed the heat shielding prior to delivery for the later batch of 2013s... it may be a band aid fix but so far I have not encounter any excessive heat related issues like boiling gas, fuel smells etc... even the occasional stalling had ceased... but I'm not taking any chances, I will be duplicating the reverse fan rotation during low speed of the 2014s into my and also a cooling fan override switch for those times when stuck in a jam.... will update when the installation is completed...

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the family. Since you've got Teddy's blessing you'er off to a great start!

Spyder Garage

Reversing fan sounds like a good idea. Going to look into getting that set up in my 2012.
    on the new ride
    Butch
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome Gundam

That was some funny reading of your first adventures with the Spyder. You sure got one beautiful place for riding and I know what you mean about the sky opening up and giving you both an early shower. I still have very fun memories of my trip to Singapore while in the Marines. I want pre-date myself by giving dates. Enjoy the Spyder and be safe. You may have lite a match and started a fire by giving Spyder riders the idea of reversing their fans. Looking forward to an update once your job is done. Keep the roar coming from the Lion City.

Spyder Garage

Looks like your well on your way to getting the most out of your .
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your Sryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME to SPYDERLAND

I hope your thinking about SF-5, it's just across the pond.

Spyder Garage

Default Another round of Thanks to everyone for your Welcomes...

.... the reversing fan idea is certainly not new, implementing it is rather easy, controlling it using the vehicle's speed is rather tedious, you will need more electronic circuitry, but can be done...

Over here in the Lion City, everytime I rode my , I get stares from everyone, and I mean EVERYONE... from few years old kids to grannies and old coots (sorry, no offence intended, just to be inclusive...)....asking even funnier questions like, does it have a roof?, what about air conditioning?, how do you lane split? (not recommended here, but not illegal also), how do you find a parking lot for it?.... but most of their jaws will drop when they ask about the price.... what?!!!... S$62K!!!... are you nuts?... I rather get a car.... that, my friends, is why there are so few s in the Lion City....