Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking Teddy's New Adventures

4/18/11*59F*Overcast with chance of Thunderstorms everyday this week.

I was asked not to post anything about Teddy get'n his NEW 2011 Viper Red SpYderFest Special Edition #0001 RT-S until now. So that's why on Teddy's original thread, I was kinda drop'n hints about it, and saying I needed to stop that thread, cause that one was about his Adventures on his 2010 and now he has . Sorry to mislead y'all, but was doing as asked, but Len from Cowtown gave me the go-ahead to let the cat outta the bag, so to speak.

I'll post pics when i get home today, but WOW, IS TEDDYS NEW RYDE A BEAUTIFUL BYKE!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!

And those Elka Shocks are AWESOME!!! I can't give you a comparison to the stock 2011 shocks, as I never rode the in stock form, just the way I received it from Cowtown with all the added mods & Elkas already installed. But what a difference from the 2010. I knew from reading reviews on here that I needed to upgrade the 2010 shocks, but in planning this, I didn't want to throw $$ away on mods that I knew I was going to be trading in
    I can't tell you how HAPPY I am to have the privilege of driving Teddy around on his new And as others have already stated about attention, yeah, I don't know how, but I'm sure Teddy's NEW RYDE will draw even more attention than his Timeless Black If that's even possible.

Teddy had a blast on his trip to Cuba & meet'n almost the entire MO-Gang, not to mention Len & his family at Cowtown. Anything good you've heard about COWTOWN, doesn't compare to the personal & exceptional service that they provide. I thought it was kinda crazy when Sara told me that they had a guy fly in from Wisconsin (or somewhere) to buy a Spyder from them & then Ryde it all the way back home & I thought Teddy & I had a road-trip there & back but nothing compared to that guy But I'm sure it was worth it for him, as I would do it all over again in a HEARTBEAT!

I'm sure most of you seen or heard about the devastating weather the mid-west was having for our lil road-trip down, and yes, I do have regrets on that front. TEDDYS handled the rain and weather just fine, but when left around 6am, our Cincy weather was almost 60F & get'n cloudy, & I knew we were going into storms, but i thought my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit would be too warm, so I wore my protective rain gear But sadly, it went from almost 60 here, to 42F along our route and 42F with pouring down rain isn't fun if you get cold, which I did. I kept thinking as my teeth were chattering, "Fool, you shoulda wore the suit & you'd be HAPPY as a lark right now instead of freezing & chattering your teeth." Lesson Learned.

Teddy stayed dry & nice & toasty, as I did gear him up in his Seira Dog Winter Ryde'n suit & also his enclosed carrier. He does't much care for that carrier being enclosed, but it did keep him nice & dry, and on the return trip, it got up in the 70'sF and sunny, so I unzipped the top, and he was a HAPPY CAMPER again.

We made it back to my best friends house in Burlington around 4:30pm last night so his 8yo daughter (We missed her Bday Sat.) could see TEDDYS new . For her Bday, I bought her & her father matching Bluetooth Helmets so that once he gets his temps, he can take her out for a nice Ryde or two. They both love the & she's ridden with me a couple times around the neighborhood, so I figured they both need to Ryde, and eventually I can see doug get'n his own once he gets his life in order to do so

It's amazing how one machine can elicit so many wonderful emotional responses and bring so many ppl together I know this is a family oriented forum, so I'll just say that the has elicited more than just "Emotional" responses from me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-19-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

OK....now you know you (I mean Teddy) can't make a post like this without Pics.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Talking

BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Teddy on your new VYper Red!!

This weekend it was a balmy 78' where my dog house is.

Spyder Garage

Talking

I promise, pics as soon as I get home today & YES, he does have me well trained
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-19-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey CincySpyder,

Thats awesome!!! hope to meet you and Teddy at SpyderFest so we can admire each others new spyderFest's sSpecial Addition. I will pick up the Mag. Silver one when I get there. I'm trying to imagine how much different (better) the ride will be compared to my RS SE5. Everyone tells me it's apples and oranges. Cant wait!

Ride in comfort,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I promise, pics as soon as I get home today & YES, he does have me well trained
    Might as well change your signature while you're at it!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Might as well change your signature while you're at it!!
    To" Teddy's Chaufered Vyper Ryde"

Spyder Garage

Red is the fastest....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

to both of you on the new Viper Red Sypder. I can't wait to see it. Thursday looks like some good riding this week. See you soon.
    My Heaps:

2010 Spyder RT-AC SE5

1987 BUICK Turbo T - TURBO SBC Project still in the works - (11.3 @ 121 without the turbo installed N/A)

RIP - 1982 OLDS CUTLASS 11.02 @ 129.2mph

Sold -- 1987 BUICK Turbo T W02 11.61 @ 118mph

Sold -- 2004 DODGE SRT-4 S2 13.0 @ 111.9 mph

"...there's two dates on your tombstone and all your friends will see 'em,
    but the only thing that matters is that little line between 'em..."

Spyder Garage

More pix

Spyder Garage

Nice ride !
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

to both of you. I was real worried that Teddy and you were retiring from the spotlight and I was a little sad to say the truth, as I'm sure many other Spyderlovers were. I'm excited for you guys and the ride looks great. Keep us posted on your opinions comparing the two and keep up the good work sharing your experiences.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Responses

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hey CincySpyder, Thats awesome!!! hope to meet you and Teddy at SpyderFest so we can admire each others new spyderFest's sSpecial Addition. I will pick up the Mag. Silver one when I get there. I'm trying to imagine how much different (better) the ride will be compared to my RS SE5. Everyone tells me it's apples and oranges. Cant wait!Ride in comfort,John Seal FloorBoards
    John, Teddy & I saw yur new Spyder, was sit'n on the showroom floor, all naked with it's body panels out to Danny get'n their paint on Bro, I think yur gonna be VERY HAPPY, Look'n Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by pierrelogic View Post
    Red is the fastest....
    I totally agree!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BMF_RACING View Post
    to both of you on the new Viper Red Sypder. I can't wait to see it. Thursday looks like some good riding this
    week. See you soon.
    So, you wanna meet up for a Ryde on Thursday, say after 5pm? Just let us know when & where & we're there

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    to both of you. I was real worried that Teddy and you were retiring from the spotlight and I was a little sad to say the truth, as I'm sure many other Spyderlovers were. I'm excited for you
    guys and the ride looks great. Keep us posted on your opinions comparing the
    two and keep up the good work sharing your experiences.

Spyder Garage

Red face 4/19/11*54F*ThunderStorm'n

This is get'n a lil on the scary side. I know many of us talk & somewhat kid about be'n "bitten" by the Spyder bug. I think I'm WAY past that point you might say, my Spyder Bite is infected, cause I'm loosing control.

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL DAY, & I of course rode in to work. Luckily, I was asked to come in early, so I got to avoid the masses in the parking lot with a million questions about what happened to TEDDY's & why I now have a although ppl still sought me out to ask After work, I took the long way home again, was so nice. Something I noticed upon entering the Highway, I kinda found myself feeling like I was a little bounced from side to side on the byke. This was an unfamiliar feeling that I hadn't experienced on Teddy's 2010 RTS with stock shocks. It could have just been the pavement, maybe it had ripples I didn't notice on it, but that was the feeling I had. Real quick like bouncing from left to right, left to right in quick succession for about 20 seconds and then it stopped. Was a lil unsettling, cause if I hadn't remembered to keep a light grip, I'm sure it would have made me swerve or maybe even loose control but again, with a lite grip, nothing transferred to the handlebars and all was well once it stopped bouncing me. Again, maybe just the road, or maybe I just need to get more acquainted with these Awesome Elkas

My aforementioned infection lies in the fact, that even tho I just put on roughly 1300 miles between the 2 Spyders over the weekend on our road-trip to Cowtown, (my butts ok, back a lil sore) and I planned on working on TEDDY's new and add the GloRyders & get the Camper all set up with it'd new rig, I couldn't do it. Literally, garage open, Beautiful Viper Red half out the garage door for better light to work with & I was stuck there, just staring at the Beautiful Beast, mesmerized for I know, at least 15 minutes. I even moved the all the way out of the garage so I could hook up the leaf blower & give the garage a quick Spring Cleaning. From my vantage point in the garage, I could see TEDDYS new glaring at me from around the pillars of the garage. Once I caught it's glare, I once again couldn't look away. This thing is mesmerizing. I actually had a moment of fear or shock while staring at this beautiful creation. Staring head on, with all the lights on the front of an RTS along with the Bright Viper Red color and then the accent painting that Danny Farris did, this machine looks Menacing, EVIL even Besides a moment of fear, it was followed by a glimps of doubt I'm NOT cool enough to be Ryde'n this byke Lucky for me, it's not my byke, it's Teddy's & he IS cool enough for this byke

But alas, the infection is setting in & I didn't do anything I had planned. Instead, I geared up Teddy & we took his new out & the only time we stopped was for me (or other ppl) to take pics along the way. If you noticed, I promised to post pics when i got home. Well, I posted the pics about 4:30 this morning cause thats about when we got home. & I had to be here at work at 5am this morning. I've already got over 700 miles on the OD of TEDDYS new in only what, 2 days I think I got it bad

Side note. There's another forum member that posted some Can-Am jackets for sale, & some ppl were wondering if the seller was legit or not cause I think it may have been their first post or something. Well, I ordered one of the jackets at a great price, everything went without an issue & I woulda received it on Friday but wasn't home when they tried to deliver & couldn't get them while we were in Cuba, so on our trip yesterday, we swung by the post office & picked it up, & WOW, very glad I did. Its an awesome Ryding jacket, zip out liner and all, brand new condition. So, overall, a very good experience

Luckily today it's storm'n, so maybe, just maybe, besides need'n sleep badly, I may be able to start on some of those mods to Tedsters new

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I kinda found myself feeling like I was a little bounced from side to side on the byke. This was an unfamiliar feeling that I hadn't experienced on Teddy's 2010 RTS with stock shocks. It could have just been the pavement, maybe it had ripples I didn't notice on it, but that was the feeling I had. Real quick like bouncing from left to right, left to right in quick succession for about 20 seconds and then it stopped. Was a lil unsettling, cause if I hadn't remembered to keep a light grip, I'm sure it would have made me swerve or maybe even loose control but again, with a lite grip, nothing transferred to the handlebars and all was well once it stopped bouncing me. Again, maybe just the road, or maybe I just need to get more acquainted with these Awesome Elkas
    This might be Air in the tires. If the tires are different pressure this has happened on my RS. just something to check.

on teddy's new . I think it is one of the nicest looking RT's around.
    I had to sell my spyderstill love the Spyderlovers

Duane

Spyder Garage

I know all about that infection
    I rode one of my 2wheeled bikes into work today (mainly because it's due for inspection...yes, we still do that here in NC). That will most likely be it's last ride until this time next year.... just NOT the FUN of the Spyder

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

Wink

Congrats and thanks for all the beautiful pics!

Just my $.02 that may only be worth $.01...

On your shocks... Just an FYI... We ran them for many years on our bikes. If they are still anything like ours had been... The adjustments are sensitive. What I mean is...

When you go to adjust them, it does not take much for the shocks to respond differently than they did before. I am not sure which set you have, but I can say Elka's are about the best money can buy. Once you get them dialed in for your needs you will be pleased and have one of the best rydes on the road.

The secrete is in the way they choose to do their valving. Where our stock is fixed, many Elka's are adjustable. Yes of course both versions can have the springs adjust.

But BRP chooses to control the valving (In a way) on their shocks by having five pre-settings with the springs... Elka tries to have the Springs set up for the most part towards the driver/vehicle needs and allow for fluid to be controlled there by effecting the valving in the shocks to be adjustable for the conditions each ryder will experience. At least that is how we like to think on it...
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

I can relate to the feeling you have for the I just tell people to check out this site to see what people have to say both pro and con about the We have complaints but we try and work together to come up with fix. That's the Spyderlovers Community. On the road next Monday for Spyderfest . I hope all the ultra bad weather is done for the year. Time for riding. to Teddy.

Spyder Garage

on the new and it looks like teddy is plesed with the switch,i hope tp meet you and teddy at spyder fest,i love dogs and teddy seems to be more than just a best frend .your luckey he lets you ride that red rider.keep safe ,ill be looking for you at fest.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Teddy, I wish to congratulate you on your color selection of your new RT. I think this selection shows a deep insight of your friendly personallity and quite demeaner. It tells me you are smarter than the average dog and have a taste for the good life.

Ride safe and long.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Teddy has good taste great looking bike

Spyder Garage

Default Its almost midnight, I should be sleeping

But what are Teddy & I doing, we're gearing up for a quick ryde before the Storms start kicking our butts again. Man oh man, I got it bad. I cant stop myself