Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool The Daily Adventures of Teddy & the Spyder

Been wanting to start this thread ever since I bought Teddy's new RT-S on May 26th 2010.

This is our 1st byke ever, never rode a 2 wheeler except to take my MSF Class. Have no desire to do it again. I LOVE MY SPYDER! Bought it knowing i would use it as a daily driver, with Teddy in the passenger seat as often as possible, so I thought I'd share my experiences with any that would like to follow along I also still have my cage (2001 Mercury Cougar ZN) but use it only as neccesary (Snow/Ice/Rain/Mechanical Issues) I knew going in that there would be ISSUES as your going to have them with any Brand New Model on the market, its just a fact of life. Well, Ive got roughly 10,700 miles as of today, and even tho Ive had some Issues, this is the most addictive machine ive ever had the pleasure to own

I will start making updates to this Thread on a daily basis starting today. Feel free to comment or ask questions if you'd like. I'm doing this as a way to chronical my enjoyment of Spyder Ownership but also to help other owners or prospective owners understand one persons experience with this marvelous machine!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-03-2011 at 02:14 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

I will be following you. I look forward to hearing a few Co-pilot Teddy stories too. I have never ridden a motorcycle except to take my M2 liscence course. I have no desire to own a motorcycle either. My wife and I bought our 2010RTs this past fall and it went right into dealer storage for the winter. I am very anxious for spring to come so that we can start riding it. My first impression from the hour long test ride is that it rides like a snowmobile or a giant ATV. The ride is very familiar to me since I have ridden snowmobiles for most of my life.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2-12-11 Sunny 45

Today was an awesome day to be a Ryder. Was clear & sunny, roads were dry & clean, temp. between 38F & 50F while out ryding with Teddy in the passenger seat. I've posted some pics that I took while down along the Covington/Newport Riverfront.

We rode to family brunch this morning, and then just went cruising for about 5 hours, just all around town, parks, the city & a few places to let Teddy out & stretch his legs & play with some of the other dogs.

Also stopped by Hamant's Motorcyle & Auto body, down in Bromely, KY (about 10 minutes from my Condo) and the guy was out washing a Tricked Out SUV. I asked if he knew anyone that could paint a camper, as I recently bought a 2010 Micro-Lite Moto-Mate Camper to pull behind my RT-S. Only problem, its solid white and my RT-S is Timesless Black. Well, he was the owner & his son (that happens to do the painting) just pulled up. They were both taken by the Spyder and like most, it was 20 questions. Good thing, he really wants to paint my Camper, showed me his shop, and some of his work & thanks to my IPAD & this site (SPYDEROVERS.COM) I was able to bring up the BASF Color Codes that he needed, and he was able to give me a very good e$timate. We traded info. and he should give me a call on Monday with a firm quote after he see's what the material cost will be

Then, we stopped by Chipotle to pick up dinner & had 5 ppl out taking pics of the along with Teddy be'n a Poser on the back seat with his doggles on patiently waiting for me to get thru the line. Ppl can't believe he rydes on the back seat, tho he's gone all the way to Florida just like that back in July of 2010

Tomorrow should be even better, up to almost 50, clear & sunny

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2-13-11 Sunny 50+F

Another awesome day of ryde'n. Posted some pics, while at Sharon Woods Park, the lake was frozen over, looked pretty cool for a photo op. Also, had to fill up twice today. Every time I fill up, I take a pic of my miles (which I reset the trip computer every fill-up) and another pic of the fuel dispenser reading showing how many gallons. Divide them & I have a total of my Average Miles Per Gallon. Sadly, i dont fair very well in this statistic, worse than most. None of these miles were while towing either camper nor trailer, just me, Teddy & the RT-S. All the same, I still love my

While out today, we got 13 thumbs up, 8 different picture requests & 2 "You guys just made my day" and I cant even tell you how many ppl busting out when they realized Teddy is a real dog and not a stuffed toy

Got up to almost 60F today, didnt even have to wear my Thermo-Ryde'n suit, just my BRP Ryde'n Jacket with ear muffs & I was good to go. Teddy just had his Easy-Ryder Harness & his "Bitches Love Me" muscle shirt on along with his new Blue Doggles

Another Great day to be a SpyderRyder. After the park, went and had lunch with my Neace & her daughter, then to Radio Shack with them. Anyone know where I can buy Posi-Taps besides on the net? They didnt have them. Anyways, then we stopped & checked at Lowes, & they didnt have them either. So, then it was get'n dark, so time to head home, and enjoy all the looks of other drivers/riders out on the highway & more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-13-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2-14-11 Still dark at 5:30am but 47F

Wow, the morning started at 47F, haven't had it like that in forever. So warm, I didn't even have to wear my FirstGearThermo Suit this morning. Just a light jacket with full collar & I was good to go.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... C A K E
    I ryde past the Seagrams Distillery on I75 every day to & from work, & this morning, the air was heavy with the sweet smell of C A K E I love that smell. It's kinda like the lottery, some days, it's sour-mash smell others (like today) it's yummy birthday cake guess it all just depends on what their brewing that day

Coming in the gate to work, had another guy ask where he can get a Spyder, "It's one Seet A Byke & I want one!" I think were his exact words & as usual, I told him to check out Middletown Cycle

While working this morning, had one of our service reps come up & he commented that he saw my Spyder out in the lot one day a couple weeks ago when the temp was only 4F degrees. He was like, "your a 'n nut! & I had to explain to him that with my FirstGear Thermo Ryde'n Suit, & along with my other protective Ryde'n gear & the amenities of the RT-
    S, I'm not cold at all, & he just walked away shake'n his head

Never thought owning a Spyder would help me like work, but I can honestly admit, Ryde'n my Spyder, I like coming to work & like leaving work even more

Here's to another Great Day of Spyder Ryde'n. Get out there & get your fix when you can. Winter is almost over

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

GOOOOOOOOOTEDDY!! KIDDO CAN'T WAIT TO MEETCHA IN CUBA!!

Reading this thread is great! Keep up the good work! We are still preparing our "what to take and what to leave home" list!

The suit you have, is it pants and a long sleeve top? I bought a Gerbing vest (battery), wear rain pants to cut the wind. Of course, I don't ride as consistent as you do. I don't mind the cold that much, its the moisture that bothers me.

Spyder Garage

Talking Cuba's gonna be a "howl of a good tyme!"

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post

Reading this thread is great! Keep up the good work! We are still preparing our "what to take and what to leave home" list!

The suit you have, is it pants and a long sleeve top? I bought a Gerbing vest (battery), wear rain pants to cut the wind. Of course, I don't ride as consistent as you do. I don't mind the cold that much, its the moisture that bothers me.
    Yeah, we're get'n ready. Wish I could upload pics with my iPad, but it will have to wait. I just bought a tent that I'm gonna modify to attach to my Moto-Mate Camper & I've got it set up in my living room right now didn't realize either how big the tent was when i ordered it, or how small my living room is either way, I got it set up & just try'n to figure it all out

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...042#post286042

If that link works right, that should show you my review of the FirstGear Thermo Ryde'n Suit I got from BajaRon. Best thing ever for winter ryde'n IMHO. If the link doesn't work, let me know, & I'll get you there one way or another. Really look'n forward to Cuba so the kids can get together as well

Spyder Garage

Love reading your post..... I think it awesome that you are out there "living" and that the RT is a big part of that.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

CyncySpyder

Quote Originally Posted by 2Gunns View Post
    Love reading your post..... I think it awesome that you are out there "living" and that the RT is a big part of that.

keep em coming

Spyder Garage

Talking 2-15-11 Sunny-20F-Who said there's no such thing as a free lunch.

Rode to work again today. Was 20F degrees at 5:30am. Did I mention I have blue GloRyders & I love them They really help the side profile of the RT-S to be SO MUCH MORE VISIBLE Something really important when driving in the weee early hours of the morning when so many of the other cagers are still wake'n up while their out there on the road

Ok, so after I got home today from work, I threw Teddy on the back & we went through the drive-thru at White Castles for a quick lunch. Mind you, temp was up to about 42F degrees & he had his Sweater-Vest & doggles on & it was only a 15 minute ryde, so I wasn't freeze'n him to death While in line, the ppl in the truck in front of us finally realized Teddy was a real dog, & I could see them turning around in their seats, point'n, bust'n out laugh'n & strain'n to get a good angle for a pic. Guess it was too cold for them to get out, but I saw a couple flashes, so I guess they got the pic they wanted Well, we never talked or anything, & after a few
    more minutes, it was finally our turn at the window. My order was like $10.09 or something like that, but when I went to pay, while the cashier was her a off at Teddy, she said, "Oh hun, that truck that was in front of you, they had tears in their eyes from laugh'n so hard at you & yur dog, that they asked to pay for your order, so it's paid for." I was like WOW, OK, THANKS, as the lady was feeding Teddy a French Fry thru the drive thru window & snap'n a pic with her camera phone

Cost for Spyder- $30K
    Cost for Best Spyder Ryde'n Pooch in the world- $200
    Cost for Sweater Vest & Doggles- $23.
    Cost for a free lunch- PRICELESS
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-15-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Here's the pics I promised showing the set-up I use for Teddy Ryde'n on the back of HIS RT-S.

Pic 1) Strap attached under seat up thru the rear of the RT-S seat
    Pic 2) Teddy's doggie bed with a small hole so the strap can come up & thru
    Pic 3) Me holding the strap with the battery powered LEDs lit up
    Pic 4) Teddy in his EASY RIDER Auto/Moto ryde'n Harness
    Pic 5) Teddy decked out in cold weather ryde'n gear -Sweater-Vest & Doggles

The strap from under the seat comes up & thru his doggie bed and attaches to the 4" elongated strap thats built into his Easy Ryder Harness, securing the bed and him at the same time. I found a couple sets of 20 Blue LED Christmas Lights that are battery powered & I sewed a set into the sides of his doggie bed, going all the way around it. So, as you can see, especially at night, he is all lit-up for the world to enjoy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-03-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cyncy...Very good posts. I noticed your gas mileage in the mid to low 20s. Is this your norm? Seems low to me....just wondering as others report 30 or so.
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-16-2011 at 11:28 AM.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post

I just ordered a Gerbing vest (battery) and should get it in a few days. How well does it work for you. It does not get real cold here in So. Texas...mid 20s or so (this winter was record setting with 11 degrees). I normally start out in the high 20s or low 30s and the day will go up to the 50-60 area.

With the different heat settings, how long does the battery last? Thanks.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2-16-11 31F -Must've been my lucky night

Well, I've been gearing up for SpyderFest. While Ryde'n home from work yesterday, I remembered back to my Florida road-trip back in July & how after 6 or so hours in the saddle, I wish I could have a forward footing position, just to change it up some. I've never been a big mod guy in my 23 yrs of driving, and some 26+ odd cars & trucks, tho as time comes & goes, so does that premise. For some reason, (I think this forum has allot to do with it) I'm not that afraid to dig into my Spyder Thanks Lamontster This is the first vehicle I've ever done my own oil change even & thanks to this site, I had a picture by picture "HOW TO" & it went like clock work. Anyways, I was look'n at some of Lamonts pics to get some inspiration of what I want to do next, & I noticed he had the ESI Scuff Guards. Well, on my Ryde home yesterday, I put my feet up on the lower wind deflectors & have to admit, I liked the Ryding position when on the open highway & it seems just the thing I'd been looking for. Well, when I looked at ESI's website, I saw they were like $109 for the set & I'm sure they are worth every penny, as I've read other reviews of the quality work & craftsmanship that goes into them. My only problem is $ as I just put out $2900 for my new Moto-Mage Camper & dont even have the money to get it painted til I sell my RT622 Trailer. So, I thought I'd have to put it on my wish list & just wait. But low & behold, theres EBay. I've never been much of an eBay type of guy, but I came upon this listing last night......
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...T#ht_500wt_948
    And there were no bids & the opening bid was only $55 what could it hurt, right. I noticed there was only 6 hours left, so I bid my $55. from my IPad last night while I was in bed, about to go to sleep & I that it would hopefully work out. Well, this morning, I awoke to an email alerting me that I was the Winning Bidder WOW!!! a great quality product for almost 1/2 price needless to say, it made my ryde in this morning an even happier occasion, knowing that our 8 hour road-trip to Cuba will be even more comfortable, and I can still feed Teddy the good stuff

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Love this saga. Keep up the good work. By the way, what breed is the passenger?

Spyder Garage

Post Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    Cyncy...Very good posts. I noticed your gas mileage in the mid to low 20s. Is this your norm? Seems low to me....just wondering as others report 30 or so.
    George, I seem to be in the minority when it comes to average MPG. I track it religiously every time I fill up. I have a few things going against me tho. Where I live (Cincinnati area) is a rather hilly area. KY uses 10%ethanal in our gas. I always ryde with my shield in 1/2 way up position so I'm not a bobble head. And I guess I have to admit, I think the quote fittingly enough is from the SpyderMan movie, "WITH GREAT POWER, COMES GREAT RESPONSIBILITY"
    well, it seems my lead foot transferred over with the Spyder to my wrist mind you, this is my first byke, & tho many say it's underpowered, it does pretty darn well for me seems it rides smoothest cruise'n along at
    80 but again, I think I'm in the minority here so with all
    that said, along with I do pull my trailer quite often (tho my miliage usually
    avg.'s the same) I only avg. Between 21-26 usually. Every fill up, I take a pic
    of the trip miles & of the fuel dispenser showing gals, so if you follow along,
    you will see as I do

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    I just ordered a Gerbing vest (battery) and should get it in a few days. How well does it work
    for you. It does not get real cold here in So. Texas...mid 20s or so (this winter
    was record setting with 11 degrees). I normally start out in the high 20s or
    low 30s and the day will go up to the 50-60 area.

George, sorry bud, but I know nothing about the Gerbing vest. I have the FirstGear Thermo Ryding Suit & love it. I think you were referring to DRABOO's
    post, so they would be the one to ask about that

With the different heat settings, how long does the
    battery last? Thanks.
    SEE ABOVE

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    Love this saga. Keep up the good work. By the way,
    what breed is the passenger?
    My co-pilot is a Spoiled Rotten 10lb. Pomeranian that thinks he is a kid &
    doesn't know what a dog is but as one poster stated, he is the
    BOMB!

Spyder Garage

Post This is what I wear in the Winter Time-FirstGear Thermo Ryde'n Suit

The Answer to 80% of your Winter Ryde'n Excuses!!!
    1stGear Riding Suit Review
    OK, so I took advantage of the 1stGear Riding Suit being offered here by a fellow member (BajaRon) for $149 delivered.
    You cant get it that cheap from the manufacturers website even,
    so it was a Great Deal (if it worked)

Well, Ive had mine for over 3 months now & promised to give it a review once I had time to actually test it out, so here goes.

Let me start by saying, IMHO for the price, YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!

THERMO TEXTILE 1-PIECE SUIT
    100% waterproof, 210 denier Hypertex
    120-gram polyester insulation
    Full storm flap closures on zippers, pockets and cuffs
    Cargo storage pockets
    Elasticized ankle closures and adjustable waist
    2-year limited warranty

Ive ridden in 5-12 degree F temps for more than 30 minutes at a time, reaching brief highway speeds up to triple digits, and with only wearing normal clothes underneath, (long sleeve shirt & jogging pants) & the only thing that got chilled (not cold) was my neck area. While riding, the collar provides adequit wind protection with a full face helmet, but whenever I look down at my instruments, I can feel the cold air on my neck.

Ive read other posts talking about Balaclavas, but I havent really felt I needed one. I actually went out and bought one, and if I were going on a long trip in sub-freezing weather, I may use it, (thus still haven't) But Ive found for trips less than an hour, its not really an issue.

Ive been out ryding everyday that its been dry out. We had 2 weeks straight with below freezing temps, and I was able to ryde 11 of the past 14 days. Today, it got up to 37 & I went for a 100 mile ryde, just for fun. All was on the expressway & I was actually passed by a 2 wheeler, and the thoughts that went thru my head were, that guy looks miserable. He had no windshield, half helmet, scarf, at least 2 heavy coats & i dont know how many pants & gloves, but you could tell the guy wasn't having fun.
    Me, on the other hand, thanks in part to the RT-S's heated grips & adjustable windshield, along with my 1stGear Riding Suit, I WAS HAVING FUN!!! I love this suit!!!

The legs zip up half way for easy access for putting on boots & then have velcro to close over the zipper to prevent wind/water from get'n in & elastic at the bottom to create a seal around your boots.

The arms have velcro adjusters at the end, so I put on my bulky gloves and velcro them tight and get no air/water penetration at all.

Now for the drawbacks

NO HAND POCKETS:
    The Suit has 1 chest pocket & 2 smallish front-leg cargo pockets. It has no pockets on the sides like you have on normal pants. So, when you come to your destination, & if you take off your balky riding gloves like I do, you have no-where to put your hands to keep them warm while walking in the cold to your destination. Tho, it does have one inside chest pocket for smaller items.

COLLAR:
    The collar could be another inch or so higher to help buffer the cold air when looking down, but that may just be me. I mean, if I had a shorter neck, it wouldn't be an issue, right? LOL As stated above, looking forward with normal driving, the wind wasn't an issue in the neck area.

BULK:
    The suit is kind of bulky, but I don't think you can really get around this, for the wind/cold protection that it gives you. I'm 5'9, 175lb & ordered a medium size. The waist is adjustable with velcro strips and the top fits fine, but the legs bunch just a bit, but nothing major.

OK, so...... all that be'n said, I checked out 1stGears website www.firstgear-usa.com and they do have another riding suit (Expedition) that looks like they corrected the few issues that I mentioned here, but for $500!!!

For $149 delivered, (Thanks BajaRon) I'm enjoying ryding every day thats dry no matter the temperature outside. I hope this helps some of you that have been on the fence about this product. I don't think you would be dissapointed, I know I'm VERY SATISFIED & can now enjoy Ryding my Spyder Year Round!!!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-16-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

I grew up in Northern Kentucky; love seeing pictures of things I'm familiar with. Keep the post going.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Do they make one in Teddys size ?
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I am sitting at the computer reading your adventures with my 16lb Tabby cat sitting and purrrring on my lap and like Teddy he is spoiled rotten ,He forgets that he is a cat. I like the pics of Teddy in his lighted bed. He looks awesome and so cool in his riding gear. Keep up the great posts

Spyder Garage

Post Q & A

Quote Originally Posted by GI Jane View Post
    I grew up in Northern Kentucky; love seeing pictures of things I'm familiar with. Keep the post going.
    Will do there's so much great stuff here to share & miss

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post
    Do they make one in Teddys size ?
    FirstGear sadly does not but Sierra Dog Supply does make this Blue & Gray one thats really good & just his size

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I am sitting at the computer reading your adventures with my 16lb Tabby cat sitting and purrrring on my lap and like Teddy he is spoiled rotten ,He forgets that he is a cat. I like the pics of Teddy in his lighted bed. He looks awesome and so cool in his riding gear. Keep up the great posts
    To some ppl, pets are just animals, but to many others, they truly are members of our families
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 02-17-2011 at 12:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default OMG!!! Today was a day that makes you SO Glad to be Alive & Own a Spyder

Wow, was in the 30's this morning on the way to work. When i left, it was 68F degrees, IN FEBRUARY. This is unheard of!!! I can't remember in my 39 years of it EVER be'n this warm in FEB. But D, did I ever take advantage of it. My normal ryde is 19miles door to door. Well, today I took the L O O O O O O O O N G way home, I believe 60 miles to be exact. Ummmm, i had my 1stGear Thermo Suit half unzipped and have to admit, I wasn't sweat'n, but I was toasty

(Any LEO's, please stop reading now, and continue onto the following days posts, thank you.)

OK, so I know I'm too dang honest for my own good, and I hope those that agree that I was wrong in breaking the law will refrain in saying it here, you can start your own thread please, thank you.

But yeah, with it be'n so NICE, and be'n rather warm, I didn't even where my helmet today, just my shades and my Pink Floyd ball cap. This was the 1st time for me to do this, and the added freedom, well, those of you that ryde without wearing head protection, you know what I'm talk'n about. See'n as I'm a new ryder, in KY we HAVE to wear our helmets the 1st year. Its only been 8 months for me so yeah, i broke the law & LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!!

Anyways, as soon as I got home, I changed into my long sleeved SpyderLovers Tshirt & jogging pants, geared up Teddy & off we went, again, with just my shades and ball cap & this was one of those days that truly made a person GLAD TO BE ALIVE!!! My temp gage on the byke actually got up to 80F degrees tho its usually about 6 degrees higher than actual. But WOW, Teddy and I rode from like 3pm til a lil after dark about 8pm or so. We stopped by the dog park, which Teddy just doesn't understand what those 4 legged creatures are. He doesn't like to play with other dogs, but he'll fetch a stick for hours on end Then we stopped by Wendys for some lunch. Didnt get it free today, but since it was so nice, we actually ate at their pic-nic area, and I believe we had the entire staff out there take'n pics of him. I swear, he's such a Poser Then off to ryde, ryde, ryde.
    Took a few pics along the way

& OMG!!! On the way home, down in Covington, of course in front of one of the Strip Clubs what did I see??? No, not a stripper sorry guys. But I actually saw my 1st Spyder besides mine, parked right there on the road, with 3 guys around talk'n about it. It was a Yellow RS, beautiful byke I had to go around the block and go back to talk with the owner. 1st other local Ive met. Nice guy, & I had to tell him about SpyderLovers.com, he had no clue about it. Was funny, I asked him why he got his, and he said, "For the Ladies." And not 2 minutes later, a HOT Blond in an SUV actually stopped in the middle of the road, put it in reverse and came back to us to talk about the byke. He coulda had her right then & there. He looked at his buds & said, "See, I told you chicks dig it!" I was laugh'n my a off. But Oh, How True It Is !!! LOL

Pic1) Left work, took long way home doing 71MPH Cruise'n down the highway with it be'n 68F degrees
    Pic2) Teddy be'n a Poser on the back of the RT-S
    Pic3) Twin Lakes Park. Hard to tell, but be'n close to 80F degrees, the lake in the background is actually still covered in Ice. Teddy was actually able to walk on it still
    Pic 4&5) Personal Best, most miles per tank Ive ever gotten. I was sweat'n it, cause my gas light was on, & I was on the last gas bar for a while
    Even tho I got the most miles per tank, I still only Avg'd 25.3 MPG

So yeah, it was another GREAT DAY TO BE A SPYDER-RYDER. For those of you that are still snowed in, please dont be hate'n me.
    This Winter WILL END, and you will savor rydes and days like this, just as I am!!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 2-17-11 53F degrees at 5:30 this morning- Tempt'n fate

The ryde in this morning was great. Today started at 53F degrees. Didn't wear my Thermo-Suit, just jogging pants, long sleeve T & my BRP Ryde'n jacket, summer gloves & half helmet with ear muffs.

Somehow, when i got home last night, and got ungeared from my ryde, I must've accidentally hit my garage door button & ended up leaving my garage open all night with the sit'n right there with the key in it not the best thing to do when you live in an urban area, that's for sure. But lucky me, nothing was missing or touched that I could tell thankfully.

Suppose to be 70F degrees today, gonna see if I can get outta work early & Ryde, Ryde, Ryde

Spyder Garage

Angry 2-17-11 Continued

UGH!!! So far, a very rough day at work & I just heard the news report we're due for more snow it was almost 80 yesterday & today's forcasted for 70, & your Talk'n more SNOW!!!! I'm so ready for Spring to be here already

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    UGH!!! So far, a very rough day at work & I just heard the news report we're due for more snow it was almost 80 yesterday & today's forcasted for 70, & your Talk'n more SNOW!!!! I'm so ready for Spring to be here already
    It's February...Spring is a way out yet. This was just a preview. Patience, Grasshopper, patience!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!