Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sequentil arrow turn signals.

l
    I have truly looked and can not find a site or Auto parts store that has sequential turn signals. I would like the ones that fit inside the side mirror and have an arrow that points in the direction you are turning. I think I just have to lift the mirror straight up. Is that correct. A link will be appreciated.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Sequential

Forgot to mention I have a RT S SE LIMITED. I know someone will as that. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Try Here

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERFUZZ View Post
    l
    I have truly looked and can not find a site or Auto parts store that has sequential turn signals. I would like the ones that fit inside the side mirror and have an arrow that points in the direction you are turning. I think I just have to lift the mirror straight up. Is that correct. A link will be appreciated.

Try here......http://www.tricled.com/TricLed.com/Home.htm
    Illegitimi non Carborundum

2013 RT-S Circuit Yellow with Black Trailer

Spyder Garage

l
    iJDMtoy.com These are much better than Tricled.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    iJDMtoy.com These are much better than Tricled.
    Those from iJDMtoy are awesome. They work fantastic and look great.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Default turn signal arrows

I really like the idea but how would you install this on an RT mirror? They're not too easy to disassemble without breaking plastic retaining tabs etc. I would probably need a video or very clear and precise instructions for the Spyder. Some pretty neat stuff on iJDMtoy.com site. Thanks for posting it RTVIPER.
    Last edited by Olddood; 09-08-2013 at 01:34 PM.

Spyder Garage

I installed them on my 11. They are awesome!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Did you have trouble

[QUOTE=RTVIPER;685677]I installed them on my 11. They are awesome!!!

Did you have any trouble getting the mirror off the plastic around it? Any advice if I would do mine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTVIPER View Post
    I installed them on my 11. They are awesome!!!

Just ordered the amber ones from iJDMtoy.com....

Any advice or wisdom to share? Don't suppose you have pics?!

Thanks! They look awesome and once installed, I will be able to see if I forgot to cancel them.
    Not to mention let others know that I'm turning/lane changing!

Can you say "SAFETY FARKLE"?

Spyder Garage

Default Sequential turn signals

Thanks for posting the video. While I can see that it's pretty slick, it would seem to me that if you use these at night, you wouldn't be able to see anything in the mirror, due to night vision loss.

Is that even an issue?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Trun Signal

They go on the back of the mirror

I got the web site but can find the right page to order

Spyder Garage

When you get to their website, just type in sequential turn signal and it should take you right to them!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default VISION IN MIRROR

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. While I can see that it's pretty slick, it would seem to me that if you use these at night, you wouldn't be able to see anything in the mirror, due to night vision loss.

Is that even an issue?
    I had the same thoughts, and am thinking of putting a piece of aluminum foil on the bottom half , so only the top half blinks in the sequence.....since it would still be one inch high I think I would still notice it.......I have an RSS and the mirror is smaller so this is a consideration........Mike...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do you mean they go on the back of the mirror?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I took a heat gun and GENTLY heat up the mirror to separate it. I used a paint scraper to separate, re-heating as needed. Once separated, I removed the section of glue (on back of glass)where the LED would sit. Used some 3M double sided tape (as thin as I could get). Put it close enough to just hold the LED in place. The remaining glue you didn't scrape should be enough to re-stick. I used the heat gun on the 3M tape and remaining glue to make real sticky. Stuck back like new. You'll have to drill a small hole to feed the wires to connect to signal wires (I used the first 6 steps of the installation instructions from the MUTH website http://shop.muthco.com/content/pdf/i...m%20Spyder.pdf )
    Last edited by RTVIPER; 09-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default thanks RTVIPER

That is terrific information on the install... just a couple of follow up questions if you don't mind answering: 1) Step 7 of the MUTH install asks you to cut a hole in the backing plate, and I'm assuming that you did NOT cut that plate and instead used the 3M double sided tape to attach the turn signal to the back of the glass. True or False? 2) When you wired up the signal, did you use a posi-tap and then tuck it back into the inside of the mirror housing? Thanks again for that link and I can't wait to see the outcome.... very cool farkle!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cpdblegl View Post
    That is terrific information on the install... just a couple of follow up questions if you don't mind answering: 1) Step 7 of the MUTH install asks you to cut a hole in the backing plate, and I'm assuming that you did NOT cut that plate and instead used the 3M double sided tape to attach the turn signal to the back of the glass. True or False? 2) When you wired up the signal, did you use a posi-tap and then tuck it back into the inside of the mirror housing? Thanks again for that link and I can't wait to see the outcome.... very cool farkle!
    You are correct on both. I did not cut plate or perform any steps after #6. Used posi-taps then tucked into mirror housing. You're gonna love it when finished

Spyder Garage

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool No, night brightness is NOT an issue at all

Quote Originally Posted by mooneych View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. While I can see that it's pretty slick, it would seem to me that if you use these at night, you wouldn't be able to see anything in the mirror, due to night vision loss. Is that even an issue?

I put my left side mirror on for this mornings ryde in to work, at 4:30am so it was still plenty dark & when using the turn signal I was still able to perfectly see everything in the mirror while the arrow LEDs were blinking in their sequential order I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOD Take your time tho, cause I got rushed & ended up breaking our right side mirror glass & are awaiting a donated replacement soon to arrive. Also, be careful of the amount of heat you use, cause even with a hair dryer, its easy to warp the thin plastic that houses the mirror glass. But once done & reinstalled, you'll want to make more turns just to watch them do their dance
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-13-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I put my left side mirror on for this mornings ryde in to work, at 4:30am so it was still plenty dark & when using the turn signal I was still able to perfectly see everything in the mirror while the arrow LEDs were blinking in their sequential order I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOD Take your time tho, cause I got rushed & ended up breaking our right side mirror glass & are awaiting a donated replacement soon to arrive. Also, be careful of the amount of heat you use, cause even with a hair dryer, its easy to warp the thin plastic that houses the mirror glass. But once done & reinstalled, you'll want to make more turns just to watch them do their dance
    Is the glass available as a separate part from CanAm or only the whole assembly? I was already nervous about this install.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post Don't have this answer for sure, I'd suggest contacting your dealer

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Is the glass available as a separate part from CanAm or only the whole assembly? I was already nervous about this install.
    But from looking at the Parts Diagram from BRP, it doesn't look like they sell just the glass, but the entire sub-assembly has to be purchased, at least from what I can tell here & the sub-assembly runs $177 for Left & $187 for right side. No clue why there different prices, but that's what the BRP parts fiche says. I tried one of those cut-to-fit mirror replacements, but it would just crack when trying to cut and the LEDs wouldn't show thru it anyways. I'm sure I could've just taken the plastic housing to our local glass shop & had them cut us a mirror piece to fit, but Mark was kind enough to offer us one, saving us that hassle Its some work to do, but with patience, its totally worth it

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default THE GLASS

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing ....so I looked on a Parts Fiche (?), and it looks like the arm and mirror housing are all one assembly and the cost I think was was north of $110.............................so don't break it ......Mike ...............PS ..this was for a RS / GS,....for an RT I'm afraid to look.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Consult your Bank manager before going to the toolbox...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I agree, the LEDs do not obstruct your view in the mirrors. I rode home in the dark the night I installed them and made several lane changes and turns just to see them dance I was afraid I would get pulled over for driving like a drunk.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The installation process looks just like the one put out by Muth for theirs ...
    It appears to be quite a daunting task!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black