Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

We enjoyed meeting everyone at the Comfort Inn and Lamont's. Sadly, all good things must come to an end but thankfully, we made it home safely a couple of hours ago. Hope to see everyone again in the near future.

Jeff, Elaine, and Graham

Spyder Garage

Default Juat got home

Just arrived back home at 9.30 pm today had an awesome time enjoyed the great riding in and around the area. On our way going through North Carolina one of our riders...she is now know as "SPEED QUEEN" got pulled over for speeding doing 69 in a 45 zone lucky it was in NC and not in GA due to Ga...... 20mph over is classed as reckless driving and you can be locked up NC its 30 mph over ....so Miss Speed Queen was lucky. I am now wondering what it is going to cost I would say somewhere around the $400 to $500. range anyone out there that might know what this ticket will cost.
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Default Home Safe From Maggie Valley Check-in....

Quote Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
    Hey Firefly!
    Some Girl and I made it all the way home without using GPS! We can actually read maps that don't talk...and...like I've said many times...the signs are always right!
    Then you won't be needing that new 660 Garmin GPS that came with your brown trout colored RT. I'll gladly take it off your hands since you won't be using it.

Maybe when you install your fancy map holder, you can install an 8-track player too!

Or better yet....mount an Etch-A-Sketch like many others mount ipads.... and just draw your own maps.... lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    Just arrived back home at 9.30 pm today had an awesome time enjoyed the great riding in and around the area. On our way going through North Carolina one of our riders...she is now know as "SPEED QUEEN" got pulled over for speeding doing 69 in a 45 zone lucky it was in NC and not in GA due to Ga...... 20mph over is classed as reckless driving and you can be locked up NC its 30 mph over ....so Miss Speed Queen was lucky. I am now wondering what it is going to cost I would say somewhere around the $400 to $500. range anyone out there that might know what this ticket will cost.
    Tell her to fight fight fight the ticket! Ask for a deferral if she will take an online safety class and go 6 months without another ticket. They'll usually agree to a deferral in exchange for extra $$$$.

PM me if you want more info on filing the right paperwork to help get a deferral...it's really pretty easy.

Spyder Garage

Nancy & I got home tonight about 8, after spending the night in Bull's Gap. Had a few issues on the way home. and ran about 70 miles one time with the check engine light on and a "Check DPS" warning. That flashing orange warning is sure distracting, but the update announced at last year's OE did prevent limp mode after a reboot...it just throws a continuous check engine light. Also had a throttle positioner problem at one juncture and some more steering problems like the ones I had on the Rattler. No big deal, I'll visit the dealer this week and we will take a look at things. I suspect a new DPS and another throttle body may soon be in order, but we will see.

Anyway, as long as the Spyder will reboot after such things happen, it can be ridden just fine. We did 540 miles today, about 380 of them after our first incident. BTW, when you have an orange warning flashing in the trip meter box, the whole display shows the warning if you stop moving. It will disappear if you acknowledge with the MODE button. That was a surprise to me. Also, if the whole display shows the orange warning, the fault codes can't be displayed until the warning is acknowledged and the warning reverts to the trip meter box.

If you have not had last year's update done, I highly recommend it. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy made it home

We made it home earlier this evening

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

I left MV about 9AM and just got home.

Spyder Garage

Dang John.... I never even saw you during the whole event. Glad you're home safe.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

SWMBO and I got back home with time to obtain new cage (2013 Silverado, blue topaz, crew cab, 2wd) before attending 5th annual Crabtree Crawdad Boil on Saturday.

Spyder Garage

We arrived home Sunday about lunch time. 1350 miles on the Spyder with no problems.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    We arrived home Sunday about lunch time. 1350 miles on the Spyder with no problems.

JT
    John

We are still on the road and having fun, glad you made it home safely, good to see you and the missus

Cruzr Joe

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    John

We are still on the road and having fun, glad you made it home safely, good to see you and the missus

Cruzr Joe

Enjoy your trip, good to see you guys and everyone else. We had a blast even if we did get wet once.

JT

Spyder Garage

Made it home safe and sound last night around 7:00PM after 12 hours (600 miles). We only ran into about 15 minuets of a hard rain but we were at a gas stop at the time. No problems with the except for the parking brake issue prior to us leaving last Saturday! Oh, by the way, we had a great time again! Kudo's to BRP for another fun Owners Event!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Got home Sunday at about noon. Great event and great people.

Spyder Garage

Default Drop DocRags in Altanta

We are home, but had to Drop DocRags in Altanta so she could go to her mothers, for a few days while she is in the Hospital, and I drove all the way myself. I was great to see and visit everyone at the Owners Event and at the BBQ. Will be looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    Made it home Saturday around 7 PM. Didn't make the BBQ but had a great time at the OE. Already looking forward to next year. Met lots of awesome people and the area was beautiful. Put around 1300 miles on my new RTS. It ran like a champ, NO problems.

No wonder I couldn't find you at the BBQ. You didn't go.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    We are home, but had to Drop DocRags in Altanta so she could go to her mothers, for a few days while she is in the Hospital, and I drove all the way myself. I was great to see and visit everyone at the Owners Event and at the BBQ. Will be looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.
    I sure enjoyed meeting you and Cheryl.

I'm still on the road. I stayed in Greeneville Saturday night and got to Paducah last night. I will probably split up the remainder of the trip home and get home on Tuesday.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Owners Event & BBQ

Left Greeneville TN about 9:00 a.m. Sunday morning and arrived back home in SC around 3:30. Had so much fun!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Patti and I rolled back into Blum Texas at 1am this morning. We had a GREAT time this past week, enjoyed meeting up with old friends and made allot of new ones. We actually had time to enjoy the Smokey mountains and all they had to offer. We were very impressed with he entire BRP owners event.

enjoy the ride
    Allen & Patti

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Everyone please check in and let us all know you got home safe and sound!

Got home last night after BBQ...around 600 miles.

Had a great time.

Paula and I got home about 8:30 last night. We did a power trip from Gatlinburg of about 12 hours and over 700 miles. Had a great time!!

Spyder Garage

After the BBQ "thanks Lamont" we went to Pigeon Forge and spent the night. Sunday we did the 160 miles home on some great twisty back roads.
    Got home at 2:00 pm. Great event and great people.

2013 RT-Limited Pearl White Chocolate Seat
    RT-622 Trailer
    Baker Air Wings
    Diamond R Arm Rests
    12 V power outlet in Frunk
    BRPTravel Cover
    Spyderpops Bump Skid, Belt Rock Guard
    Utopia Driver backrest
    RT Cup Holder/Accessory Mount
    ISCI tall flag Holder
    Custom Dynamics Run-Brake-Turn LED HMT Light
    Custom Dynamics GEN2c Brake Light Strobe/Flasher
    Tricled LED Flag Light, R/V Mirror Turn Signals

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Yes

We got home Sat. at 10:30!!!!!!!!

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

made it... 12 hours, two eating stops. and 7 gas stops, 680 miles,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Tell her to fight fight fight the ticket! Ask for a deferral if she will take an online safety class and go 6 months without another ticket. They'll usually agree to a deferral in exchange for extra $$$$.

PM me if you want more info on filing the right paperwork to help get a deferral...it's really pretty easy.

In NC it's known as a prayer for judgement. The cost of the offence should be listed on the ticket. Speeding is three points on your record and NC has a reciprocal agreement with other states. If my memory is right, and she chooses to challenge the ticket it has to be in court either in person or through an attorney. I had a speeding ticket in 1993, 69 in a 55. I checked with my lawer and gave him the background on the ticket. He got it reduced to 60 in a 55. I had a clean record and hadn't had a ticket in 25 years. Took 4 months to do it because he wanted to get the right judge to hear the case.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Got home at around 6, ordered Chinese food to be delivered, checked in with some folks, and crashed the bed! Puppies were worn out!!! But it was a safe and awesome trip for the records! Even caught up with Spyderpops and the crew in Jackson, TN knowing they were 20 miles ahead of us.

Glad to see most of y'all in Maggie Valley... We got late to Lamont's BBQ because we thought we could leave early, take the Tail of the Dragon and the Foothill Parkway and thru Pigeon Forge and make it by 11am. BIG MISTAKE Got into Lamont's by 3 (never thought food for over 500 guest would be gone in an hour) and hanged around... But it was a great time!!!

1350 miles on the whole trip if anyone is keeping track
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5