Thread: Mods are done

Spyder Garage

Default Mods are done

Two hours after taking it home from thr dealer I proceede to take it apart. I added the riders backrest and Fog Lights. I chose to also add outlets for heated gear as well as for charging the battery, garage door opener that operates off of flashing the headlights, as well as extra led brake and rear turnsignals. That is it for now
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

A garage door opener that operates off of flashing the headlights? Sounds interesting...tell us more about that...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mrfats View Post
    A garage door opener that operates off of flashing the headlights? Sounds interesting...tell us more about that...
    Biketronics Cribclicker. I have had this on my Harley for two years now and it works great. It's nice to open the door as I ride up and then in without trying to find the standard opener in my pocket.
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That DOES sound like a pretty slick deal... This will require more investigation! thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

We have the "Flash2Pass" garage door opener on all 4 bikes, for a couple of years now. Works great! Penny

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

Wasted no time and a great choice of mods they are. Good job now go out and enjoy them..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Do the "flash" type openers also allow your original door openers to continue to work?

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    Do the "flash" type openers also allow your original door openers to continue to work?

J. D.
    Not sure about them all, but the cribclicker does
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How tough is it to wire the CribClicker in and get it functioning? Where do you need to attack the wiring, and what needs to get cut?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That manufacturer that makes the Flass2Pass is located 10 miles from where I live. Very nice product they make and great people there.

I was wondering what AC outlets you use? I am looking to do the same type of mod once I get my spyder ST this week.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    That manufacturer that makes the Flass2Pass is located 10 miles from where I live. Very nice product they make and great people there.

I was wondering what AC outlets you use? I am looking to do the same type of mod once I get my spyder ST this week.
    The outlets are these.

http://www.powerlet.com/product/stan...let-socket/280

And for the cord end I use these

http://www.powerlet.com/product/super-duper-plug/277
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Looks good, but you must not know any better

Mods, done?

Teddy says Mods are NEVER done my friend

Just like a dream, once realized, we go on to the next one, and so on and on and on.............................

Teddy says he's looking forward to seeing your next round of mods

as we work on our own mods that never end

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How tough is it to wire the CribClicker in and get it functioning? Where do you need to attack the wiring, and what needs to get cut?
    I made the connecton off of the headlight wire. I removed the dash and used these connectors (http://www.delcity.net/store/T!tap-Connectors/p_9109) to tap into the gray and black wires off of the right headlight wiring. There is space in there to mount the transmitter so I drilled a small hole in the plastic frame mount to allow me to run a cable tie to anchor the wires and hold the transmitter in place. I used the male blade terminal on the transmitter wires to connect to the taps (http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0214&ppt=C0189)
    Very easy to do.
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Mods, done?

Teddy says Mods are NEVER done my friend

Just like a dream, once realized, we go on to the next one, and so on and on and on.............................

Teddy says he's looking forward to seeing your next round of mods

as we work on our own mods that never end

Tell me about it - I own a Harley
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I like what you've done to your ST PW2012STL! Pickup my '13 white ST-L tomorrow and may copy your build. Have the rack/backrest on order.

One question, how hard was the fog light kit to install? I'm fairly adept with monkey wrenches and such.

TMT
    '13 Spyder ST-L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Too Many Toys View Post
    I like what you've done to your ST PW2012STL! Pickup my '13 white ST-L tomorrow and may copy your build. Have the rack/backrest on order.

One question, how hard was the fog light kit to install? I'm fairly adept with monkey wrenches and such.

TMT
    '13 Spyder ST-L
    On the ST-L is is very easy as all the main wiring is already installed. Remove the two front panels that the lights go into pop out the black pieces mount the lights pop in the new black pieces remount the two front panels. Then remove the center black strip where the switch goes and pop out the far right plug after pulling the wire connector that is mounted to the back. Push in the new switch and plug in the wire connector. Remount the center black strip and start the bike(bike has to be running for the lights to work) and turn them on.

The fog lights come with extra wire connectors that you will not need so you do not need to spend the time like I did looking for where in the #ell they go and why did the lights not come on when I turned the key to on and flipped the switch - O yah the bike has to be running for the lights to work
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    On the ST-L is is very easy as all the main wiring is already installed. Remove the two front panels that the lights go into pop out the black pieces mount the lights pop in the new black pieces remount the two front panels. Then remove the center black strip where the switch goes and pop out the far right plug after pulling the wire connector that is mounted to the back. Push in the new switch and plug in the wire connector. Remount the center black strip and start the bike(bike has to be running for the lights to work) and turn them on.

The fog lights come with extra wire connectors that you will not need so you do not need to spend the time like I did looking for where in the #ell they go and why did the lights not come on when I turned the key to on and flipped the switch - O yah the bike has to be running for the lights to work
    TMT
    '13 Spyder ST-L (white)
    Iowa & Arizona