Spyder Garage

Default Info on Pet Carriers

Trying to introduce my chihuahua and my wifes Porky to the joys of ryding and am interested in others opinions on pet carriers, etc. Yes, I am aware of “Teddy" but he is way hardcore for our situation right now. The problem we encounter is leaving home on long trips with our dogs at home. It would be easier to take them on some trips . Wife also rydes her Spyder Red RTS and has a "Teddy-like" (Pom-Yorkie mix). Watch out Teddy, she is a bad-ass ball of fur. We are going to try to get them ready to travel.
    I know some Spyderlovers have more experience than we do. What say ya’ll?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Are you wanting to ryde 2 up plus your dogs or single plus dog/s?

If 1 up plus a small dog, Pet Mate makes a nice collapsible carrier that fits well on the rear of the RT-S, and would fit a small dog (~10lbs) well & can be easily secured using a nylon strap from the carrier to under the seat thru the whole at the rear.

Others also use the "sachel" or "pappoose" (sp?) type of carrier & they seem to work well for them, I'm sure they will chime in. Just remember "doggles" to protect their eyes & always take water with you.

Goog luck & enjoy the ryde

Spyder Garage

Default Custom Dog Carrier

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I found a used RT622 trailer lid and modified it for my 40 lb Puggle. We were still in training last fall and winter set in so we will continue in in the spring. It seemed every time we went out our dog would bark and bark. I was a little nervous that he was scared and it was a bad idea. Before one of the rides I raised his carrier so he wasn't riding so low in the trailer and found that his tail was wagging a mile a minute as he was barking. I surmised he was having fun, not scared. It's only a 15 minute job to swap lids over when we are using the trailer for overnight stays. After all the work I've done I'm hoping he likes it as much as I was hoping he would. Otherwise 4salebyowner

BTW the carrier is mounted to the trailer and the dog has a body harness that is chained to the carrier so he can not jump out.
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Two spyders and 2 dogs

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Are you wanting to ryde 2 up plus your dogs or single plus dog/s?

If 1 up plus a small dog, Pet Mate makes a nice collapsible carrier that fits well on the rear of the RT-S, and would fit a small dog (~10lbs) well & can be easily secured using a nylon strap from the carrier to under the seat thru the whole at the rear.

Others also use the "sachel" or "pappoose" (sp?) type of carrier & they seem to work well for them, I'm sure they will chime in. Just remember "doggles" to protect their eyes & always take water with you.

Goog luck & enjoy the ryde
    We each have a RTS and we each have a dog. You have inspired us to make it a family excursion. They love going places with us so Teddy’s adventures gave us an idea that maybe we could do the same. Where did you get those cute googles or doggles?

Spyder Garage

Default Wow, that is cool

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post

I found a used RT622 trailer lid and modified it for my 40 lb Puggle. We were still in training last fall and winter set in so we will continue in in the spring. It seemed every time we went out our dog would bark and bark. I was a little nervous that he was scared and it was a bad idea. Before one of the rides I raised his carrier so he wasn't riding so low in the trailer and found that his tail was wagging a mile a minute as he was barking. I surmised he was having fun, not scared. It's only a 15 minute job to swap lids over when we are using the trailer for overnight stays. After all the work I've done I'm hoping he likes it as much as I was hoping he would. Otherwise 4salebyowner

BTW the carrier is mounted to the trailer and the dog has a body harness that is chained to the carrier so he can not jump out.
    What a great idea but you didn’t have much choice with a 50 lb. Puggle. I had a good laugh on your story. Good luck...

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta love your pets...

To you all, I'm sure the hounds love the ryde..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I just give mine a few drops of nyquil and drop him in the frunk

Spyder Garage

Default That’s too easy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wazoo View Post
    I just give mine a few drops of nyquil and drop him in the frunk
    How long before he wakes? Who cares, huh? He gets out when he gets out.
    I love it. I needed a good laugh tonight and that fit the bill!!
    It is a lot easier than buying a carrier...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpydermanCT View Post

Wonder if that would work for my 2 large doberman pinschers!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was wondering the samething. I have a 80lb. labradoodle and a 65lb Pit/hound mix. Both great well behaved dogs but know way I would try to get them on or near the spyder when its moving. even if they were in a trailer they could move the spyder around if they got excited.