Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Arm View Post
    and on your new purchase. Airbox cover is easier to remove by working from the right hand side.
    Thanks I will give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry you still ride a HD, but I will help you with your airbox in good faith that you will get rid of that thing.

Click link under my yellow Spyder below, there are a bunch of videos in there that you will eventually need.
    Wanna buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    on your new Spyder. What part of New Jersey do you live in.
    Thanks! I live in Warren County....
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So what's wrong with "Terminator" as a name??
    and on what looks to be the start of a beautiful relationship!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It's okay Bob, you don't have to take anyone out

I am sure he didn't know that "terminator" was a family name for you
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the New Ryde & Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

That airbox is a to get open, so we just replaced ours and are much happier with the KewlMetal Performance Intake kit

In case no one clued you in yet, the purchase price of your Spyder, that's really just the down payment on all the future mods your going to be making to truly make the byke your own but its Oh So Worth It

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pic of KewlMetal air intake

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    So what's wrong with "Terminator" as a name??
    and on what looks to be the start of a beautiful relationship!
    Absolutely nothing, honest!

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    &

That airbox is a to get open, so we just replaced ours and are much happier with the KewlMetal Performance Intake kit

In case no one clued you in yet, the purchase price of your Spyder, that's really just the down payment on all the future mods your going to be making to truly make the byke your own but its Oh So Worth It

Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoy ours
    Thanks I will keep the KewlMetal intake kit in mind...Love your riding buddy Teddy, that is awesome. What a good looking little fellow.I have highly spoiled 3 Toy Fox Terriers that go on trips with us, but they stay in the car in their own cushy car seat.

Spyder Garage

Cool

and on your new purchase

Spyder Garage

Welcome to our world and great pictures! I just bought a new 2012 RS SM5 and am literally DYING to get out in the wind!!

...it's coming
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

What are you using to upload/post such great quality pictures? They rock.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    Welcome to our world and great pictures! I just bought a new 2012 RS SM5 and am literally DYING to get out in the wind!!

...it's coming
    Awesome, hope you get out on it soon. I'm already dying to try mine out..

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    What are you using to upload/post such great quality pictures? They rock.
    Hey thanks, i'm just using Photobucket. We do have a decent Nikon P80 digital camera that we take our pictures with.

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations, I loved my '09 RS. It's a great ride. I upgraded to the RT so my sweetie would have a more comfortable ride on the back during those frequent long hauls.

Ride in comfort,
    John
    Seal Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default New member just bought a new 2011 Spyder RS SM5

Welcome!
    The best tip I got as a newbie was to inflate the front tires to 19 psi and set the front shocks to 5 (highest setting), really improves handling. Also, the Fox shocks (standard on the RS-S) are another big improvement (Elkas also get rave reviews but are a tad pricey). Finally BajaRon's (a sponsor of this site) sway-bar is according to everyone I've heard who's tried it (I've actually got one, now just need the time to install it!) the final missing piece for outstanding handling in the curves.
    Sorry, I know it seems like a lot of suggested changes for a new bike, but the dramatic difference is hard to describe. Before the change in pressure and shock setting, the handling was bad enough that I thought I had made a big mistake buying the Spyder. After those minor changes, it was pretty much what I had expected, after the Fox shocks it was even better, and from what I hear once I install the swaybar it will be all I had hoped and dreamed (OK that's a bit dramatic but you get my drift).
    That mouthful said, Congratulations, great looking bike, and with a few minor alterations, an absolute blast to ride.
    2012 RS Black - Fox Shocks, BRP Touring Windshield, BRP Sport Rack, BRP Backrest, BRP 1"Riser,Kuryakyn Console Inserts, Spyder Pops Missing Air Dam and Heat Shield
    Next Up - Madstad Brackets, Floorboards, Kuryakyn Iso-Grips

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by steve635 View Post
    Welcome!
    The best tip I got as a newbie was to inflate the front tires to 19 psi and set the front shocks to 5 (highest setting), really improves handling. Also, the Fox shocks (standard on the RS-S) are another big improvement (Elkas also get rave reviews but are a tad pricey). Finally BajaRon's (a sponsor of this site) sway-bar is according to everyone I've heard who's tried it (I've actually got one, now just need the time to install it!) the final missing piece for outstanding handling in the curves.
    Sorry, I know it seems like a lot of suggested changes for a new bike, but the dramatic difference is hard to describe. Before the change in pressure and shock setting, the handling was bad enough that I thought I had made a big mistake buying the Spyder. After those minor changes, it was pretty much what I had expected, after the Fox shocks it was even better, and from what I hear once I install the swaybar it will be all I had hoped and dreamed (OK that's a bit dramatic but you get my drift).
    That mouthful said, Congratulations, great looking bike, and with a few minor alterations, an absolute blast to ride.
    Thanks for the tips i will definitely try that. My dealer told me they had good luck with 18 psi, so 19 is probably better. My wife and I are looking forward to trying this thing out!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    It's okay Bob, you don't have to take anyone out

I am sure he didn't know that "terminator" was a family name ...
    The only thing that I really feel good "Terminating", is the pile of snack foods in the 'Fridge!

Ooh! Habanero cheese and kielbasa... I'll be back!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I installed my 3 inch risers this weekend, and the passenger footpeg extensions last weekend. I also hooked up quick detach wire plug to the battery terminals for the trickle charger. Won't be riding it anytime soon with all this cold and snow out there. Oh well i'll just keep adding mods to it until I can... Here's a couple of pics of my risers....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It's a sweet ryde....just like mine and the best non-car vehicle I've had.
    I call mine Borys...from Boris the spider by the Who.
    The only things I've done are RT shocks, driving lights, a slightly taller windshield, new seat and Kewlmetal adjustable risers....I tried ones like yours but I needed some "twist" for more comfort.
    You will love it......congrats and many myles to you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rayelljay View Post
    It's a sweet ryde....just like mine and the best non-car vehicle I've had.
    I call mine Borys...from Boris the spider by the Who.
    The only things I've done are RT shocks, driving lights, a slightly taller windshield, new seat and Kewlmetal adjustable risers....I tried ones like yours but I needed some "twist" for more comfort.
    You will love it......congrats and many myles to you.
    Thanks Rayelljay, I like the name you gave your Spyder and you did some good mods to it.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I just went for our second ride on the Spyder, boy is this some machine. I sold my Harley and i'm not missing it at all. I'm an atv rider at heart so the Spyder fits me much better. Took some more pictures of course, love the risers and the smooth and powerful engine, it rips!