Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally, Touch up paint for the Spyders!

Touchupdirect makes spray, pens and touch up bottles. I bough Pure
    Magnesium and the color is right on. It dries in minutes and you can clear coat after an hour. www.touchupdirect.com
    Last edited by bluestratos; 02-02-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    Now if only they had Orbital Blue...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

BRP014 Orbital Blue Metallic B306
    I found Orbital blue under the 2011 colors on their web page

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Double Thanks!
    I was looking at 2010...

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

I was all excited until I saw the Alloy Orange was listed as a gloss. Neither 2011 or 2013 models in this color are glossy. I'm guessing a matte finish is hard to reproduce in a touch-up size?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you buy a big-enough drum of it... Gloss up the entire bike!

Spyder Garage

Default Yeah paint..!!

Thanks for keeping an eye out. Have seen many looking, now they have where to go..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info, I need to touch up two areas on my rear compartment.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face touch up paint

Just looking at touchup direct sight and when you order your color the clear coat comes in a matte or gloss what ever your color calls for.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Thanks!
    Now if only they had Orbital Blue...
    cannot understand why they canceled this colour on the 2013 range - here in Europe you can order only the naked RT in blue ?!?
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. My trailer has a few scratches (gouges) and I was just talking about getting touch up paint for it the other day. Like the Orbital Blue the Timeless Black does not appear on their 2010 info but it is on 2011.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I have a warranty problem on my hood, little pieces of paint are falling off along the crease so I am happy to have finally located touch up paint since BRP will not warranty paint beyond the date of sale. I touched it up and the color match is perfect there by saving me $400 for a new hood.

Regards,

Randy

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    Touchupdirect makes spray, pens and touch up bottles. I bough Pure
    Magnesium and the color is right on. It dries in minutes and you can clear coat after an hour. www.touchupdirect.com
    I ordered and received the pens for my Pearl White 2012 RT Limited. Haven't used them yet since my garage is not heated and the temps here have barely made it to 40 degrees for awhile. Directions on pens says for optimal results use at over 70 degrees...looks like a Summer job.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    I was all excited until I saw the Alloy Orange was listed as a gloss. Neither 2011 or 2013 models in this color are glossy. I'm guessing a matte finish is hard to reproduce in a touch-up size?

After applying base colour, then use a matte clear coat to remove the glossy finish.

Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Sorry, that's an error on our site...we do have the Alloy Orange and it is definitely a matte finish color. We'll adjust it online, but if you order it before we do get it changed, you will receive the appropriate matte finish.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Touch up Paint - They can ship to the UK

I Contacted touchupdirect to see if they can ship to the UK - See there Reply :-

Sir,

Yes, we sure do have Timeless Black available. We can ship touch-up jars, touch-up pens and half-pints, pints, and quarts to you. The only size we can't ship to you would be aerosol. The Timeless Black (BRP013) you mentioned under 2011 is the correct color. You can order online at www.TouchUpDirect.com. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,
    Uri Thatcher
    uri@touchupdirect.com

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Touchupdirect should consider becoming a sponsor. I think they're going to be getting a lot of business from SpyderLovers.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you buy the gloss color paint you can then cover it with a Matt clear coat.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Re: Finally, Touch up paint for the Spyders!

We got ours. Quick shipping & easy to navigate website. One thing of note, it says for the Viper Red its for all model years, and it only lists Viper Red. The 08, 09, & 10 RS's came in red as well, but not Viper Red, so any RS ryders should be aware of this.
    We recieved our touch up kit and it does look like a good match. We'll have to wait a few days, and we'll dig into actually using it on some of the scratches we got on our side panels when a coon got into the garage over the summer and climbed on some metal ramps that ended up falling on the side of Teds Red Sled. Made bunches of scratches, so hopefully this'll do the trick. I actually placed a 2nd order for the spray cans so I can go over the speaker grills and dash bezel, so we have an exact match, Wooo Hoo!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 07-19-2013 at 05:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

I did some sample chip repairs in my garage at 55 deg and it dried fast and hard. I am sure 70 is best but if these repairs only last until the days warm up I am happy (out of sight out of mind lol).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Pearl White does not match my RS its much to bright. i might Have done it wrong since the Pearl White requires a 3 step process. White Base, Pearl White and Clear coat. Plus it came with no instructions. The Base is too Bright white and the Pearl white is a clear/gray/blue and vey thin. I was unclear if you apply base and pearl white togeather before applying or if it is two separate applications. i did it both ways and still not even a close match. Very disapointed

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    The Pearl White does not match my RS its much to bright. i might Have done it wrong since the Pearl White requires a 3 step process. White Base, Pearl White and Clear coat. Plus it came with no instructions. The Base is too Bright white and the Pearl white is a clear/gray/blue and vey thin. I was unclear if you apply base and pearl white togeather before applying or if it is two separate applications. i did it both ways and still not even a close match. Very disapointed
    Pearl White is really hard to touch up. I took my pearl white prius to a body repair shop not some touch up work and they told me they would have to paint the entire door and could not guarantee a match! Any body work guys out there have any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    Pearl White is really hard to touch up. I took my pearl white prius to a body repair shop not some touch up work and they told me they would have to paint the entire door and could not guarantee a match! Any body work guys out there have any suggestions?
    It's been my experience that whether it's tri-coat or not, a good body shop will want to shoot the whole panel/door unless there is a break in the surface, moulding for example. In your case, I'd find another body shop. If they are shooting the whole door, they should be able to blend it in with the other panels. JMO

I've a tri-coat pearl while on my dodge charger. There's a spot on the lower trunk lid. Since the taillights break up the surface, they'll only being shooting the bottom of the trunk lid.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Touchup Direct should not sell it if it not even a close match. What a waste of money and time. I read on a couple of other touchup forums that your better off going to a beauty nail solon to get a better match for touch up.

Spyder Garage

Go to Us paint web site. Look under can am you will find your paint for your Spyder their. And can get touch up from them or just1/2 pint to reprint your bike.