Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bryk View Post
    Fair enough. Yeah, I can imagine it is for you pre13ers . How many of those miles were without the bar?

Doesn't mean I wasn't having fun riding on something else.

Just two more months then it will be time.

Most of the miles were before the bar but that doesn't make them any less fun just different fun! And now I'm looking forward to the next 50,000 with the bar.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Right there with you, let us know when, maybe we can join you

Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    Ordered one a few days back. Ron said he will have more in stock in a few days. Planning on riding The Tail of the Dragon as soon as weather breaks. Think this mod will make that ride totally fun.
    Our last real ryde was doing the Dragon following directly behind Lamont. While I was working my off doing my best to keep up with him, I'd look ahead at him, and was was sit'n straight up for the most part & I was like, 'How is he doing it?' Man oh man, how I'd like to do that again, now with the new RonBar installed (not to mention, not taking the camper on the run this time)

Seriously, let us know, we'll make the trip for a weekend

Spyder Garage

Still waiting for my RT sway bar to arrive from Ron's...then I need to wait for Erags' platelet counts to come up enough so he can safely work on our Spyders...unless someone wants to stop by our house and do our mods while Ed recuperates from his last round of chemo. Free room and board on the water in exchange for work. LOL
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Teddy's itching for a road trip

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    Still waiting for my RT sway bar to arrive from Ron's...then I need to wait for Erags' platelet counts to come up enough so he can safely work on our Spyders...unless someone wants to stop by our house and do our mods while Ed recuperates from his last round of chemo. Free room and board on the water in exchange for work. LOL
    We've got Teds Red Sled up and running again, tho I'm still working on smaller mods so I haven't put it all back together yet & we've been out (as my buddy put it) RedNeck Ryde'n a naked Spyder

But once we get everything completed and buttoned back up, I think I've got a 3 day weekend coming up that we could maybe make the trip down and take you up on your invitation Would be great to see you both again especially since we missed you guys last year and Teddy & I missed going back down to Florida this past Christmas break due to the Sled being out of commision

So maybe we can help each other out

I'll check my schedule at work and see if anything's coming up soon

PS..... Teddy & I have been keep'n Ed & You in our prayers

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Cool Buying new ones every few years

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    The ST was a nice addition, but not the type of machine I was hoping they would build. I am not willing to wait for the perfect model to come along. The spyder has changed my life, to say the least, and I intend to keep buying new ones every few years or so.
    Sounds like a plan, every year I will check for improvements then when it hits me (During my warranty) I will turn in my RT Limited and upgrade.
    Something to always look forward too.

Spyder Garage

Default SOUNDS GREAT, WHERE CAN I GET ONE?

Quote Originally Posted by fispyder View Post
    I have a 2010 RT-S Put elkas on at lamounts bbq. improved the handling greatly. Installed Rons swaybar 2 weeks ago. Rode NC mountains last Saturday Roads was wet. Vast improvement in handling If I had to pick between Elkas or the sway bar I would go with the sway bar as a first to me the sway bar was a better improvement in handling. Ron hit a home run on this

How much are these?

Spyder Garage

Default How Much Are These?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRush View Post
    How much are these?

Not sure of the Elka Shocks (expensive $600.00 ~ $1,000.00.... Check Site Sponsor list

Bajaron Anti Sway Bar About $200 give or take a 10. Well worth the money, Every Penny !!

Check out Site Sponsor Page for his Ad click and click your there ready to buy.
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And now we've got PitBull PowerSports' shock-mount relocation brackets as the third part to add!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I had the PitBull relocators and the BajaRon Anti Sway bar installed at Spyderfest on my RT and it has made an incredible difference to my ryde....

while coming back home from Springfield I would still habitually lean (muscle memory.....) and then laugh cause I knew I didnt have to

the cornering is now even more incredible

thanks to PitBull and BajaRon
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I like many of the farkles and whatnots you can add to the Spyders, but most cost more than I am willing to pay.

2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Pure Magnesium
    www.JerryandCynthia.com - Our Riding Adventures

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The pile of collected miles and memories is always worth a lot!
    Boy I hope so, when I sell I will use that as the list leader for features!
    Corbin saddle
    spyderpops block off plate, bump skid, belt guard
    IPS
    Tricled LED lights all around(too many to name here)
    Smoothspyder belt tensioner
    Custom Dynamics britesides
    VTC floorboards, upper air vents, spoiler
    BK car stuff HID upgrade
    trailer hitch
    Repainted rear fender, trunk latch assembly, switch cluster, gauge cluster
    cell phone interface kit
    travel cover that no longer fits due to the spoiler
    New sway bar
    New shock relocator

Spyder Garage

Dave, how are you and Teddy doing after the Springfield Adventure?
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default If you own an RT and like get'n on the twisties, do yourself a favor & read this post

Can't wait to get mine in the mail. I have no suspension mods on my RT, so I stand a pretty good chance of seeing some improvement. I'll be adding the shock relocators at some point, but will do it after I have a good feel for what the anti sway bar did. Not holding off for any reason other than wanting to fully understand the benefit of each separately. If everyone is backing off on their shock settings, there's actually a half a chance my noodley 2010 shocks will finally be good enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    Can't wait to get mine in the mail. I have no suspension mods on my RT, so I stand a pretty good chance of seeing some improvement. I'll be adding the shock relocators at some point, but will do it after I have a good feel for what the anti sway bar did. Not holding off for any reason other than wanting to fully understand the benefit of each separately. If everyone is backing off on their shock settings, there's actually a half a chance my noodley 2010 shocks will finally be good enough.

Glad you're installing the bar (of course). I'm sure you will see a great improvement there. It is a very good idea to do one mod at a time (especially a performance mod) so you can do exactly what you intend to do. Find out what is doing what and how much.

But a small suggestion here, well, maybe a huge suggestion. Replace those 2010 stock shocks. They were very bad units for the RT. Just upgrading to the OEM 2011/12 units will noticeably improve your ride. Of course there are other options which are better and more expensive. But you can probably get a good used set of 2012's for not all that much. Len must have a pile of them at Pitbull Powersports.

Hope you love the bar!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with Ron you should be able to pick up used 2011 or 12 shocks for cheap and they do make a big difference in the handling. I had the 11 shocks on my 10 for about 20,000 miles before I got the sway bar and the shocks were definitely an improvement over the stock 10s and the bar was a 200% improvement over just the shocks.

The best $200 you can spend on your Spyder is the sway bar.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default If you own an RT and like get'n on the twisties, do yourself a favor & read this post

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Glad you're installing the bar (of course). I'm sure you will see a great improvement there. It is a very good idea to do one mod at a time (especially a performance mod) so you can do exactly what you intend to do. Find out what is doing what and how much.

But a small suggestion here, well, maybe a huge suggestion. Replace those 2010 stock shocks. They were very bad units for the RT. Just upgrading to the OEM 2011/12 units will noticeably improve your ride. Of course there are other options which are better and more expensive. But you can probably get a good used set of 2012's for not all that much. Len must have a pile of them at Pitbull Powersports.

Hope you love the bar!
    I figured if most folks with 2011 and 12s are riding around on the #4 setting on their stock shocks and backing off to 3 with the bar, then maybe i could back my 2010 settings down to 4. Were the 2010s not just softer or did they miss the mark all around? I've never been on a different Spyder, so I have nothing to compare mine too. I just know it needs help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis View Post
    I figured if most folks with 2011 and 12s are riding around on the #4 setting on their stock shocks and backing off to 3 with the bar, then maybe i could back my 2010 settings down to 4. Were the 2010s not just softer or did they miss the mark all around? I've never been on a different Spyder, so I have nothing to compare mine too. I just know it needs help.

Not only were the springs changed on the 2011's but also the hydrolic dampening was changed (both much for the better). Putting the newer OEM shocks on your 2010 won't make as big a difference as the sway bar, but they will make a noticeable, positive difference.

It's one of those things that you didn't know you needed until you try them. And then you wonder how you ever got along without them. Then you get used to it and you don't necessarily appreciate it.

I guess I notice it most when I tend to run up the back of another Spyder rider in the twisties or some other bend in the road. I wonder 'What is the problem?'. Then I realize that they probably don't have a good sway bar on their ride and they are doing the best they can.

I've had customers tell me that they were quite impressed when they first put my sway bar on. Then, after awhile they got used to it and wondered if it was actually making all that much difference.... Until they rode someone else's Spyder that didn't have the bar installed! Then they were impressed all over again.

Good shocks are like that too.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 05-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It's one of those things that you didn't know you needed until you try them. And then you wonder how you ever got along without them. Then you get used to it and you don't necessarily appreciate it.
    Absolutely true....

I knew I wanted the anti sway bar when you first announced it last year, but honestly.... I had no idea what it was going to do (handling wise....)

when I had them installed at PitBull on the first day of Spyderfest (stupid, I should have done it the 2nd day when it was raining, but.... thats a different thread... lol)

so when I had them installed and the PitBull relocators at the same time, when I got back on my ride it was like, HOLY SH*T...... lol

it was a completely different ride... the duck wobble was gone, when I hit my first curve (of course I was ready to lean) and the Spyder just flowed thru the corner... it was AMAZING

thank you Ron, and thank you PitBull

Spyder Garage

No more duck wobble? What would I do? My biggest complaint about riding my Spyder is everyone else arrives with a smile and I feel like I just wrestled a rhino and need a nap. A little less fighting will definitely be welcome. I'm not tense on the bike at all, but a ton of core balance goes into keeping us going straight, especially loaded down and 2 up.

I keep reading about the huge improvements and can't wait to feel the difference. Thanks Ron for bursting my bubble on keeping my old shocks. Thought spring rate was the only difference, till you set me straight.

Spyder Garage

Installed Ron bar last weekend! It made a big difference while cornering. All I need now is to add the shocks. Time to start looking for some 2011-12 shocks. THANKS RON!!!

Spyder Garage

So, I've got the fantastic sway bar! What should a set of 2011-12 OEM shocks cost? Elkas are not in my budget. I still have that trailer harness to buy.

Spyder Garage

Default How much RT suspension tuning is Enough ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...And now we've got PitBull PowerSports' shock-mount relocation brackets as the third part to add!
    Gotta agree that Ron's new Anti-Sway bar is the best RT improvement ever for the money, and the Elka's are without question a great improvement for those that dont hesitate to spend the bucks... but, I have yet to be able to pin down just what the relocators are doing for my RT ....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default If you own an RT and like get'n on the twisties, do yourself a favor & read thi

I installed Ron's bar myself about 3 weeks ago and love it. I'm considering a shock change on my 2012 RT. is this really worth the change or are my shocks just fine. I haven't adjusted them so I'm guessing they are on number 3 so maybe I should change them to number 4. Hmmm...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    So, I've got the fantastic sway bar! What should a set of 2011-12 OEM shocks cost? Elkas are not in my budget. I still have that trailer harness to buy.
    Unfortunately, the 2010 RT Shocks were not good in any respect. Too little of everything, probably trying to achieve a really cushy ride. Cushy, maybe, but everything else was sacrificed.

You should be able to pick up a good set of 2011/12 shocks for around $100 delivered. A very cheap fix and a worth while improvement in handling and your Spyder will just ride better as well.

I don't say too much about this aspect because I'm not sure everyone notices it. But with the sway bar on you'll not need to work as hard to get around corners as you did without it. On a long ride this can really make a difference as to how tired you are when you arrive. It's not just your arms and shoulders, but your legs too as you don't have to squeeze the bike as much as when your Spyeder was leaning more.

Spyder Garage

With Ron. Riding is now nearly effortless. Couldn't believe the difference. Glad I took advise from the "3 Wisemen". (Ron, Len & Harvey). I have the shock relocator s from Len along with Elka stage 1+, and Baja Ron's Sway bar installed by SpyderPop.