Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Dave, it was great seeing you and Teddy again........he was a hit yesterday at Pitbull Powersports. Have a safe trip back home today!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

GOS Founding Member (Girls On Spyders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    We made it

ENJOY the RYDE
    dav n ted~
    Aighhhhh! Can't believe we missed you! The girls would have loved to meet Teddy! What time did you get there? We left around 12:30. Well, see you in Spyderfest!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FaranH View Post
    Aighhhhh! Can't believe we missed you! The girls would have loved to meet Teddy! What time did you get there? We left around 12:30. Well, see you in Spyderfest!
    Sorry, we got there later than expected, right around 3pm I think. For some reason, I had thought I read somewhere that Lens new dealership was only 60 miles from Cowtown. Turns out, I missed the one hundred part in front of that sixty, making us later than I thought. We will meet soon enough, only about 6 weeks til SpyderFest ***YAY*** Teddy had a good time schmooze'n with everybody & work'n it for treats, GOOD TIMES!!! Great looking dealership too.
    uploadfromtaptalk1362396480538.jpg

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-04-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Re: Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Dave, was wondering if the leaking issue was ever straightened out. I am just asking, as this seems to be something that could cause you major headaches if not fixed. Plus the fix would give other spyderlovers an idea what to look for if they see something similar. Hoping it is fixed and Teddy and you will be on the rode again!
    Not yet, its still leaking. Dealership did the valve check & said the valves were still in spec & then I asked them to check about the oil & coolant leaks. They said my main valve cover gasket seemed "brittle" & needs to be replaced, so they ordered it. They Also went ahead & ordered a new thermostat housing to replace that part, hoping that would correct the leaking coolant problem. Now I'm just trying to find another dry day where I can ryde it back up to get those new parts put on. Since I've still got it all apart, I don't want to chance ryding almost an hour in the rain or snow & take a chance in causing electrical problems. Maybe today after work, as its suppose to be sunny & dry, just cold with a high of 36F degrees. Figures, the rest of the week is suppose to be wet with either rain or chances of flurries ***Ugh***

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dave & Teddy,

I'm so glad I got to meet both of you Saturday! Looking forward to a longer visit at SpyderFest!
    Hugs,
    SpyderRocks (Janet Benson)

Spyder Garage

Cool So many mods, I musta missed posting this one

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    So... when'd you put the steering wheel mod on Ted's Sled? :o)

I musta missed posting about the 'Rental Car' mod my bad

Spyder Garage

Post Nothing with us is ever simple & easy- The story of Road Trip'n to Lens Grand Opening

I'm the first to admit, I'm not much of a planner, much better at procrasinating til the last minute, then the mad dash to bring everything together, usually with results befitting an entry into the Mad Magazine Hall of Shame But hey, that's just me & I've grown to accept that Poor Teddy however, he's just along for the ryde in my daily antics of trials & tribulations poor lil guy

So there we were on Friday & I was here at work, with the Grob machine still down, awaiting the skilled trades guys to do their magic & get it up & running, but they were having no luck, so that left me with a bit 'o free time. A few days prior to this, I had read on the thread about the Grand Opening of someone saying how the weather might be bad, and that they were going to 'cage' it in if that was the case. Now get this, Teddy & I had been using his Red Sled as our daily driver for the past 2 years, so much so, that the thought of taking a road trip in a car was actually a foriegn concept. I mean, when I read that, my first thought was, 'what a great way to ruin an awesome road-trip, by taking a cage.' seriously folks, this is just how my brain works, its been Spyder or nothing for so long, its just how we do it.

Well, I got to thinking, even tho we couldn't Spyder it down for the Grand Opening, Len is family to us, and this was such a Great Success for him, that even tho Teddy & I couldn't Spyder it down, we couldn't miss it, we had to be their for our brother, that was it. But with having the tire place tell me that our one rim has a hairline crack in it, I knew it best not to tempt fate & try to make the 1200 mile trip in the Cougar ................ so.................

I figured we'd kill 2 birds with one stone. Teddy & I could ryde his stripped sled up to Middletown (almost an hours ryde from home) and we could get a rental car up there in Middletown that we could rent for the weekend, make the road trip down to Springfield MO for Lens Grand Opening, then make it back home late on Sunday, work on Monday & return the rental car & hopefully pick up Teds Stripped Sled, and it would be finally fixed of its mechanical mallidies & we could finally get to work on actually getting everything reassembled and back together........... sounds like a plan, right???

This is why I don't usually make plans........... something always (ALWAYS) seems to happen to throw a monkey wrench in there somehow, & this was no exception. OK, so I start looking on-line for a rental car in Middletown Ohio, & mind you, I'm not familiar with that area at all, besides its where the dealership is, thats all I know about that area. Well, I remembered that Hertz advertises that they can pick you up at any location for a rental car & have used them a few years back with good results. I looked on-line & see an adverstisement for weekend car rental for as low as $9.99 per day - WOOO HOOO!!! Sign me up baby!!! Ahhh yes, the fine print, don't forget to read the fine print. After further reading, come to find out that that teaser add is for 'Certain Locations Only' & also '100 miles a day limit' UGH!!! That wouldn't work for us at all. So my buddy was here watching me trying to get this all arranged when he reminded me, "Hey, why don't you look into our Corporate Discount Plan, I'm sure its offered on rental cars, as Ford used to own one of the rental companies. So I pulled up our Corporate Discount Site & sure enough, up to a 20% discount with this code *****-****-**

Wooo Hooo, we're back in business. Go back onto the rental web sites & get frustrated & end up calling one of them. Finish giving all my details & am then told, 'Oh sorry, we don't have any cars available for that area when you need it. If you'd like, I can put you on a stand-by list?" 'Um, no thanks, that won't help." Soooooooooo, make another call, and come to find out the rental rate with or without said Discount Code would be the same (Huh???) & the cheapest rate I could get was $37.99 day + all there little nickle & dime extras so about $45 day. UGH!!! Yur killing me here. This being an unexpected trip, not planned or budgeted for, I needed to go as cheap as possible, as I'm still on short work week and money is very tight. But dangit, I wasn't going to miss Lens Grand Opening.... Gotta make this work. So I told that one 'No thanks, I'll see what else I can find.'

So, I did as any rational Star Trek fan would do, & I turn to The Captain, as in Kirk AKA William Shattner of PriceLine.com fame, in hopes that he can come thru for Teddy & I with one of his great deals. You know how he can ALWAYS get out of a jam, & this was a jam we needed help out of. And you know what, The Captain, he came thru for us with a better deal than I was quoted before, tho not that much better, $35.99 a day, all inclusive, unlimited miliage so I booked it on-line before leaving work for the day.

I headed home after my shift was over, and wouldn't you know it, boom...... it starts sleeting, snaining, flurring what ever you wanna call it, but I knew I couldn't ryde Teds Stripped Sled in those conditions. Down trodden with a heavy heart, it was time to move on to Plan B ....... Oh wait, Plan B???? there wasn't even a Plan A to begin with, so what's this Plan B??? Good question, huh?

Well, if I couldn't ryde Teds Stripped Sled to drop it off an hour north of us at Middletown Cycle, how was I going to get the rental car that I had already booked on-line for picking up in the Middletown area - UGH!!! So I get back on-line, pull up our reservation & see where it in fact, does allow you to CHANGE RESERVATION - WOOO HOOOO!!! The last time I used PriceLine, (over a year ago) all sales were final, no changes use it or loose it. But now I could, so I decided to see if Budget had any locations close to where Teddy & I live here in Covington KY, so I put in the search box Covington & to search within 5 miles. WOOOOT!!! They have a location on 4th street which is litterally maybe 5 blocks from where we live. AND, it gets even better yet. Changing our reservation to this location brought our price down to $22 a day, all inclusive ***WOOO HOOO*** DEAL! BOOKED! DONE! CONFIRM!!! YES BABY YES!!! Wow, this couldn't have worked out much better. But then, I start thinking to myself, 'You know, I've lived around this area for most my life, and I never recalled seeing a rental car place down on 4th street. That's where the IRS building is and they pretty much take up the entire area there. Hmmmmmm, so I decide to map it on the site, and come to find out, it is 4th street all right, but 4th street in downtown Cincinnati, across the river from where we live. I had to kick myself as I laughed like an idiot. I had forgotten I put in to search within 5 miles, and that's why it brought up downtown Cincy 4th street when I was thinking it was showing 4th street in Covington....... Oh the fine print dave, read the frig'n fine print & save yourself some hassle buddy.................

Ahhhh yes, down the street over the bridge across the river thru downtown a block and there is 4th street in downtown Cincinnati, but really only about a mile & a half from our Condo. So....... how do we get there???
    (I've added pics from our return walk home after dropping the rental off on Monday, hence no sleet/snain/or other nastiness we dealt with on our original walk there)

Well, I can't drive, cause then I'd have to leave the Cougar parked downtown, and that's just asking for trouble, but surely we could walk down the 4 blocks to Mainstrasse Villiage where all the bars are, and there'd be a taxi that we could take there. So, it be about 34F degrees, I put one of Teddy's winter coats on, same with myself, and off to Mainstrasse we head. Wow, when your just walking, 34F seems pretty chilly but bearable, that is until you add on sleet, and then it seems to quickly turn bone-chilling, doesn't it:?

So we get to Mainstrasse & the realization hits me, its daytime dummy, drunks aren't out yet, so therefore they don't need cabs & sure enough, where any given night after 9pm, they are lined up & waiting for the inhebriated to pour themselves into, durring the day, not a one to be found. So, now what? C'mon, its only about another mile over the bridge, we can do this. Teddy seemed not to care either way, that is, until we started making our way onto the bridge and he couldn't understand why he could see the fast moving water beneath us, and the hard hitting sleet all around us. He didn't care too much for that, especially the way you could slightly feel the bridge sway just a bit from side to side when a big gust would rush by, he'd kind of 'hunker down' almost, as if he was afraid he was going to get blowed off, kinda cute to see actually

So it took us much longer than I thought to get across the bridge & then the realization hit me, since we had been walking so much, with my arm outstretched in a normal but kind of spirited walking motion, my index finger was shooting with the pins & needles sensation telling me that I've been aggrevating the nerve is my elbow..... oooppppsssssss!!! Deal with it, and move on, can't stop now. I pull up the walking GPS on my Galaxy S3 & see that we're almost there, just walk around the Benglas Football Stadium, turn left on Elm street up one block, then left on 4th street, and the Rental Car place should be right there....... and so it was.

I was worried that being a downtown

TBC...............
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Spyder Garage

Post Road-trip to PitBull PowerSports continued

being a downtown business that they would close at 5pm, and it was about 5:15 when we finally made it past the north end of the Bengals stadium & I was a bit frustrated thinking , 'Great, we walk all this way in the freezing sleet & now we're going to get there & they will be closed!' Screw it & keep going, no stopping now. As we were walking across the bridge, we were passed by at least 3 local buses, sniker'n and taunting us as they went by, cause I've never taken the time to learn about our public transit systems even tho we live so close to down town. I tell ya, when your freeze'n & a bit on the miserable side, seems every little thing wants to kick you when your down, huh -lol

So we make our way thru downtown traffic (which Teddy doesn't care for) & we see the rental place sign, jetting out from the ground floor of one of the massive city parking garages, ahhhh yes, there it is. In we walk to a reception area barely big enough to accomodate a dozen people, but it works. After all, this IS downtown and space is at a premium.

Was kind of funny, being downtown & all, when the counter clerk says to us, in a very real sounding Ausie accent, "G'day mate, how can I make yer day?" I had to look around for a hidden camera and laugh, as it was just totally out of place for a medium sized MidWestern City to hear such an accent. Its not like NY or Chicago or even Florida, like a tourist destination, Cincy is usually filled with other locals, not all that much here to draw a foriegn crowd, so yeah, it kind of broke me up laughing, but brought a smile to my face. The guy was very nice & helpful, tho he didn't pay much attention to Teddy who was just dieing to play with him. I made him aware that I worked at Ford, so if at all possible, probably best that he gave us a Ford product, just in case I'd have to drive it to work, which he understood & quickly grabbed the keys to a 2012 Ford Focus, and kindly sent us on our way.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-08-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Spyder Garage

Post Road-trip to PitBull PowerSports continued

So the Cougar we have is a 2001, yup 12 years old now & let me tell you, even tho I work at Ford Motor Company, I actually work on the Plant floor manufacturing the forward clutch for our soon to be retired 5R110W medium duty transmission that goes into products like the E150 commercial van. I haven't been in a Ford showroom in a couple of years and have just seen pics of our newest products in our monthly newsletter magazines here at work, but hadn't actually been inside one till that moment. My first thought was, WOW! I bet the control panel on the old space shuttle didn't look this complicated, UGH!!! Hate to admit it, but I guess I'm just getting old. Can honestly say, this was also the First time I ever got into an argument with a car.

Anyways, thats all beside the point here of our little story. We got the car and headed back home, happy to be inside a car with warmth and sheltered from the pelting sleet that was still spitting, albeit only every now & then. Out of downtown, back across the bridge to our first exit, 2 turns & 5 minutes later we were home. Funny, 5 minutes in a car and almost 40 minutes to walk that very same distance. Makes a person wonder how people made it around in the 'old days' before the invent of 'modern' transportation. The things we take for granted, I tell ya...

So I didn't hear back from any other locals saying they wanted to join us, so it was just going to be Teddy & myself for the journey down. Originally planned on leaving around 5am, but oh, how my body wouldn't agree with me there. You see, during the work week, I have to get up at 3:50am to make it to work at 5am, & that just puts me going thru the gate with only a minute or two to spare. I'm NOT a morning person, and before getting assigned this position, and for many years prior, I had always worked nights, actually LOVED working the midnight shift. So now, on the weekends, you can bet your bottom dollar, Teddy & I usually always sleep in........... Til like 11 or noon even -lol So my body wouldn't allow me to get up at 4am on Saturday when it knew we usually slept in, so yeah, I ended up shutting the alarm off & just falling right back asleep... Ooooopppssss!

So 6:30am rolls around & I awaken with a shock & an OH SH*T!!! we need to be on the road. Quick 10 minute shower, grab our bags (Teddy has his own) & we were on the road by 7am, but still well behind our intended schedule.

TBC ........ work work work
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-08-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Spyder Garage

Post Now what?

So we were slated to get our biggest snowfall of the season last night thru this morning, between 4-6 inches. Knowing that I'd have to be on the road at the worse possible time, 4:30am, I decided to take a pre-emptive approach and decided to put a tarp over the Cougar so it'd save me time in the morning from having to brush all the snow off the car & then spend more time scraping the windshields. Wow, that's like actually planning ahead, kudos to meSo I go out to the garage where Teds Stripped Sled has been slumbering & pee'n all over the floor, waiting for the weather conditions and time for me to be able to get it back up to the dealer for the gasket replacement & also the new thermostat installed. I start looking for the tarps & realize their in the attic portion of the garage, so that means I need to move the sled up a couple of feet to allow access for the fold down attic ladder.

Figured I'd just turn the key to the on position & push the button for the parking brake release & roll it forward by hand, without starting. I was a bit worried that the battery may be dead, since its been sitting for so long without running or being attached to a tender, but happily everything powered up just like normal with the turn of the key.
    TBC....
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-06-2013 at 08:37 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teds Most Excellent Adventures 2013

Love reading yours and Teddy's adventures
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Spyder Garage

Question Now What II

Everything shows up like normal with the turn of the key & the little red Idiot Light is blinking like it should, denoting that the parking brake is set. Push the Parking Brake button to release it, but it doesn't do anything and the light keeps on blinking. HUH??? WTF???

Ok, maybe I just didn't hit the button correctly (something the original dealer that we bought our 2010 nightmare RT-S from told me when I asked about it not shifting correctly) so I diligently tried the parking brake release button again, but again, nothing. Hmmmmmmm...... Ok, one good thing about having Teds Sled stripped right now, is that I can see all of its internals and the parking brake actuater is right there beside my right knee, so I push the button both way, set & release while watching the hub that is suppose to spin to release the pressure on the cable to allow the parking brake to release, but it just sits there, not even trying to move with the Idiot Light still blinking just like I hadn't pushed the button at all

Ok ok, we've been around long enough to know that having a low battery or loose connections can cause all kinds of "wierd" things to happen that wouldn't usually happen, so I figure I'd go ahead and see if Teds Sled would actually turn over and start up. So I hit the starter and Teds Sled roars right to life, with just a hit of high rev'n & cough'n to clear its throat, then settles nicely into its normal RPM range for sitting idle.

Hmmmmm, ok, didn't really expect that, but was happy to see life once again. So I figure, go ahead and try the parking brake now, seeing as we know the Sled has Juice and all seems well. Push the button while watching the hub, expecting to see it start turning but am sadly disapointed to see nothing, but that dang flashing idiot light still blinking, just as before, like I never hit the button at all

Just to be sure, I double checked the fuses and relays and all seemed good and solidly seated as I expected. Everything shows normal, no "Error Codes" to display and all the Idiot lights and everything else works as normal. I even tried moving the hub by hand to no avail, its solidly in place. Seeing as its been well below freezing in the garage (after the last astronomical electric bill, I turned all the heat off in the garage) at night, maybe the cable is 'Frozen' or locked up, I don't know, have no clue really, this is a new one on me. Its not that the cable has slipped out of its place, I can clearly see its where it should be and the hub doesn't show any signs of trying to move. Its just like the release/set button neither one is registering the command.

I even put it in gear forward and reverse and tried to move it a little while pressing the release/set buttons at the same time, but to no avail. I will say, that parking brake is set well and with the new pads, I had to go up to almost 6000 RPMs to just get the sled to move any at all, so I didn't continue and just decided to shut it down, and see if any of you had any suggestions for me to check?

Got another smaller tarp out of the painting crib & used that for covering the car, since I couldn't get up to the attic. Glad I really don't 'NEED' to get up there right now, as I'd be up a creek without a paddle. Sad thing is, its suppose to be sunny & mid 50's this weekend, and the highway should be dry, so I'd like to get Teds Stripped Sled up to the dealers so they can finish replacing the parts that are leaking. But if I can't get the parking brake to release, it aint going anywhere

I even looked into renting an enclosed Uhaul to take it up to the dealers if the roads weren't clear soon, would run a little over a hundred bucks in total for one trip, but heck, I can't even get it out of the garage right now. I've messed with it enough to know that if I can't figure this out & get it working as it should, then I should be able to loosen the tension nut enough to give enough slack to pop that little metal head piece on the end of the cable out of the hub & manually release the parking brake that way, but I'd rather get it figured out & working right if I can, ya know?

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-07-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Post Roadtrip to PitBull PowerSports Continued

So we stop by McD's for a quick run thru the drive thru to get something in our stomachs, and set off on the Interstate heading south. Before leaving, I was able to find the original box that our Garmin Zumo 665 came in & I happily found the additional car mount was still in the box. As I stated before, its been the Spyder or nothing for almost 2 yrs now, so I had never needed to use the GPS in a car til this time. Having the mount for the GPS on the top dash of Teds Red Sled using a Ram Mount to hold the hard wired motorcycle mount, it was just a push of the release button and off it came in my hand. So, with the GPS & the car mount, I was able to stick it to the windshield and plug it into the 12V outlet in the Focus, and with it set to PitBull PowerSports we were now on our way, with it being right about 7:30am.

Took a while to get my bearings being in such a newer car, and I actually came to miss having only 7 buttons to deal with in our old 2001 Cougar. All these gadgets and gizmos in this newer car were more of a headache, not to mention a distraction, than they proved to be useful. I'm sure if I had time before hand to read the owners manual on all the fancy tech doodads, it wouldn't had been so bad, but c'mon, it was a rental, who has EVER read a manual before driving off in a rental car? One display kept telling me that my ANTICIPATION was as good as I could get, but that my SPEED was VERY POOR for best fuel economy. Fumble thru a couple of menu items to see if I could figure out what it was meaning, and finally come to READ THE OWNERS MANUAL FOR MORE INFORMATION............ REALLY??? UGH!!! & this is the same Company I work for

TBC....... work work work
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-08-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy So conflicted

Have to admit, I'm a little excited right now along with being hopefull, anxious, sad, frustrated and mad all at the same time. Just a normal day for some of us, huh?

Well, today is sunny, and in the 40's and the roads are dry. So, if I can figure out how to get the parking brake on Teds Stripped Sled to work, or at least release, it would be a perfect time to get it up to the dealer for its needed repairs. Another issue, is how to get back home, as I'm sure I have to drop the Spyder off and let them work on the repairs when they can work it in and they sold the demo & aren't demo'n another Spyder til spring time, which totally makes sense. My buddy Doug who I usually rely on for help with stuff is tied up and can't help right now.

So, in the off chance I called one of my brothers, the middle one who's only 49 years old. He was forced to go on medical retirement in Jan. due to health conditions including diabetis & severe heart condition (which run in the family) and can't do much of anything besides sitting around waiting to die it seems. I'm not really close to any of my family & I try to call every now & then, but feel like I'm just bothering them, so I usually just let them be, as they do I.

When I asked how he was doing, it was the same as always, nothing but doom & gloom. Sometimes, I feel awful that I don't try harder to be a part of their lives, but I know them & I know me, & its not a good combination. I wear my heart on my sleave (so to speak) so I'm more on the emotional side and being around them too long can wear on anyones psyche, less alone someone thats sensitive. It can just be so depressing, even to think about. Needless to say, we didn't have good role models while growing up & I've always believed in the saying, "We are all products of our environment UNLESS we make a consious change" which for the most part, none of my family has, hence the reason for being so seperated most of the time.

Anyways, after a few minutes I asked if he was still able to drive, and he said "Yes, as long as my Angina is acting up real bad". So I asked if he would be able to follow Teddy & I up to Middletown & bring us back home, that is if I can figure out how to get the parking brake to release, and he said yes, "Aint doing nothing but sitting here waiting to die." UGH!!! & ppl wonder why I'm not close to anyone in my family. It can just be toxic tho.............. All things in moderation, right?

So hopefully, if things work out, we should be able to finally get Teds Stripped Sled up to the dealers today & get them working on the final mechanical puzzle pieces & then we can actually start putting Teds Red Sled back together again.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation

So we got Teds stripped sled to dealership, taking an hour & a half thru Friday rush hour traffic. Teds sled was literally dripping oil on the ground by the time we parked.

Met Stan (SporterSpyder) this morning at 8:30 along with Teddy & we were heading down to Lexington KY to meet up with the Kentucky Spyder Ryders group meet n greet. Got in Stans car, pull out of the parking lot, and my phone rings. Its my other brother telling me that the one that helped us last night is having a seizure & the ambulance is on its way to take him to the hospital. Stan turned around & dropped us off & here we sit. Seems my brothers blood sugar was down to 20 & caused a diabetic seizure. He fell out of bed & hurt himself also. Their checking his heart to make sure he didn't have another heart attack.Teddy is bored silly just sitting here.

Spyder Garage

Post Update on bro

Brother was kept for observation but has now been released and is home. Seems his Glucose level was at 20 when the EMTs arrived, and they were able to get it back up to 120 by the time they got him back into the ER. He's got a bunch of bumps & bruises from the seizure & still a horrible headache, but they sent home anyways. No insurance, no job, can't work do to disability but still has been denied disabilty insurance twice, second attempt even with having a lawyers assistance. Not sure what to do to help ................

Spyder Garage

Cool Pics of the New 2013 ST Spyder & of course, the lil black sheep -lol

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2013 at 10:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

Cool Pics of the New 2013 SWEET LOOK'N Circuit Yellow RT-S. ........

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2013 at 10:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Cool If the Incredible Hulk rode a Spyder, this would be it!!!

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Angry 2013 RT-S Windshield now has holes in it

Something I noticed while looking at the New 2013 models that I hadn't seen posted here on the forum (mighta missed it)is that the new 2013 stock windshields come with 2 holes in the bottom of them that allow air passage thru right where there are gaps in between the cast aluminum windshield bracket.

Seems like BRP is catching on, as this seems to be along the lines that the Cal Sci shields use a single larger hole in the center of their shields to help disipate backdraft, especially for the rear seat occupant. Kudos to them for this, as this comes stock & is totally different than the adjustable windshield vent that they now offer as an addition at extra cost. Dealer didn't have any of those on display tho. I'm curious how much of a difference these two seperate holes will make as far as the buffeting & turbulence goes???

Another thing I noticed, on the RT models, like on the sweet yellow one, everything that we earlier model folks have that is that ugly cheap looking cast aluminum is now blacked out, I believe as stock with you being able to add CHROMED at the additional upgraded cost. All, that is, except for that UGLY IN YOUR FACE cast aluminum windshield bracket. I couldn't believe it when I saw the entire byke is now done up in the blacked out treatment & looking so sweet, EXCEPT FOR THE MOST VISIBLE PART from the front of the byke, and that's still done in that UGLY GREY CAST ALUMINUM- UGH!!! Just my opinion of course But their getting there

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Pics of the Red Windshield Bracket in place, still have to add chrome covers

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-12-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post

Dave not sure if its my computer or the attachments but I can't open any All I get when I click on them

vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post
    Dave not sure if its my computer or the attachments but I can't open any All I get when I click on them

vBulletin Message

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
    I get the same on my Mac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NCSpyderRT View Post
    I get the same on my Mac
    Working fine for me on my Mac but only the last pic has a thumbnail.

Spyder Garage

Post Sorry folks, I sent Lamont a msg, maybe Ive reached my pic posting limit or something

I'm using Tapatalk HD whenever I post pics from my Samsung Galaxy Tab cause they won't load using the regular browser or even using Google Chrome on Android, but they used to work using Tapatalk, not sure why, maybe I've reached my limit, not sure. Its very frustrating tho, I know that.

Does anyone have any experience with using the newly released HP Envy X2 thats a hybrid full laptop with Windows 8 & also the LED is fully detachable with its own battery making into a tablet? I'm thinking that may be the best way for me to go & be able to upload pics without all these hassles. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I sent Lamont a notification about the issue to see if I'm doing something wrong or if he has a fix, but I have to wait til I get home after work today to correct the issues, sorry y'all.