Spyder Garage

Default A most satisfied BajaRon customer

One of the very first things I noticed about my new 08 GS, was that it floated way too light through turns and could not always hold the line. I figured at first maybe it was me because I am a brand new Ryder but quickly found out here that the anti sway bar was the culprit.

I emailed Ron and after some really great advice and insights, I easily ordered his custom bar. Hubby installed it in under 1 1/2 hours (he's a long time 2 wheeler) with my supervision of course . We did drop the frunk, which was not a big deal - that gave me the chance to really clean the Tupperware and it was a great opportunity for hubby to teach/show me mechanical stuff about my Spyder.

Did a modest ryde the next day and I immediately noticed the Spyder sticking to the pavement like glue. Did the twisties yesterday and YAHOO! what a difference, it held the line in every turn, even the aggressive ones.

Thank you BajaRon for a great anti sway bar! Barbara

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Always good to hear of another satisfied customer, but don't forget. ........

Ron has alot more goodies for our Spyders than just the Sway Bar Tho Teddy & I are eagerly awaiting the release of his New one for the RTs but he's also got upgraded Plugs n Wires, Brake Pads, Full Oil Change Kits & tons of Awesome Gear, just to mention a few All offered with Service thats 2nd to None

Spyder Garage

Baja Ron is the MAN!
    MY RIDE - 2011 RSS SE5 Alloy Orange/Matte Black
    MY MODS - Yoshimura Exhaust, BRP Comfort Seat, Fog Lights, Battery Tender, 4.5" Easy Risers, Kuryaken Iso Grips, Cal Sci XL Windshield, Cruise-mate Throttle Lock, Green Air Filter, O2 modifier, Weaver Floorboards, Baja Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Smoothspyder Adjustable Backrest, Center LED Tail Light and Magic Brake Flasher.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Oh yes, we did buy Amsoils and oil filter/ seals too (great pricing)

Spyder Garage

Did you upgrade your shocks? or do you still have the original shocks?

I have been debating to start with shocks, the sway bar or both.
    Rick
    New Braunfels, TX
    2009 GS Silver and Black
    Kuryakyn Grips and Risers
    Spyderpops missing air dam
    Spyderpops Air Management system
    Madstad Windshield
    Rivco Floor board and Highway pegs

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gnz2250 View Post
    Did you upgrade your shocks? or do you still have the original shocks?

I have been debating to start with shocks, the sway bar or both.
    I put Elkas on this summer, and I am anxiously awaiting the RT sway bar to complete the front end mods!I think with both it will make the ride very stable.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I am glad you like the sway bar. I am continually asked what the sway bar will do for a Spyder but it really is hard to explain how it improves handling and stability in cross winds and buffeting.

But once you ride the sway bar, it becomes crystal clear. It really does give you a whole new machine.

People who have turned their shock springs up to cure the lean can almost always turn them back down and get a smoother ride.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

We still have the original shocks though hubby is looking at a Fox set.

Ron, he did dial back on the shock settings and I was good with the ride. It was quite windy when we rode yesterday, along with passing several semi's, and i hardly noticed the disturbances. Curves are now FUN. I am so thrilled with how it handles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    We still have the original shocks though hubby is looking at a Fox set.

Ron, he did dial back on the shock settings and I was good with the ride. It was quite windy when we rode yesterday, along with passing several semi's, and i hardly noticed the disturbances. Curves are now FUN. I am so thrilled with how it handles!
    It is amazing when you put the right part in the right place. I found it really ups the fun factor quite a bit.

Just be careful if you ride a Spyder without a performance sway bar. Once you get so used to the way your Spyder handles with the sway bar, a Spyder without one can surprise you.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-24-2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Sway bar rocks!!!

Spyder Garage

One of the very first things I noticed about my new 08 GS, was that it floated way too light through turns and could not always hold the line. I figured at first maybe it was me because I am a brand new Ryder but quickly found out here that the anti sway bar was the culprit.

I emailed Ron and after some really great advice and insights, I easily ordered his custom bar. Hubby installed it in under 1 1/2 hours (he's a long time 2 wheeler) with my supervision of course . We did drop the frunk, which was not a big deal - that gave me the chance to really clean the Tupperware and it was a great opportunity for hubby to teach/show me mechanical stuff about my Spyder.

Did a modest ryde the next day and I immediately noticed the Spyder sticking to the pavement like glue. Did the twisties yesterday and YAHOO! what a difference, it held the line in every turn, even the aggressive ones.

Thank you BajaRon for a great anti sway bar! Barbara

BajaRon's anti-sway bar work great for me also. You should get his sparkplugs and sparkplug wires, they work great, also a K&N air fliter.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Ron has alot more goodies for our Spyders than just the Sway Bar Tho Teddy & I are eagerly awaiting the release of his New one for the RTs but he's also got upgraded Plugs n Wires, Brake Pads, Full Oil Change Kits & tons of Awesome Gear, just to mention a few All offered with Service thats 2nd to None
    Service is excellent!!

2009 Red & Black RS
    Mods so far:
    Ultimate Seat w/Backrest
    Kewl Metal Highway Brackets

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yes, we did buy Amsoils and oil filter/ seals too (great pricing)
    I've bought from Ron and his service and prices can not be beat plus he is on here to answer ? And keeps up with the forum so he will get you right stuff please everyone support this man so he will be able to continue with his invaluable help to all on SL His plugs and wires made a noticeable differance
    2 happy happy spyders