Spyder Garage

Default Auxilliary Switch

Is there an auxilliary position that will allow me to play my ipod without my lights being turned on, thus( like that word thus lol ) running down my battery
    Me & My Babycakes

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up If I'm remembering correctly, yes.... but its kind of a "Secret"

Its been a while, & I've got Teds Red Sled all tore apart right now, so I can't double check right now. But, with the RT running, if you hold down the MODE button while turning the key to the OFF position, the Spyder will shut down, but the LCD & AUX should stay on. ***WARNING*** When you do this, the LCD will display the dreaded LIMP HOME MODE on the screen, but no worries, as soon as you turn the key back to the RUN position, & the computers "Boot up" the LIMP HOME MODE will clear & all will be normal. Just be mindful of time, as the radio & LCD will be powered solely off of the battery & we all know what can happen when a Spyder has a low battery, NOT GOOD. I've done this for around an hour with no ill effects. Just remember, the magnito that charges the battery while riding, doesn't actually charge til the RPMs are around 4500 or above. So after doing this, its a good idea to go for a decent length ride with your RPMs around 5000 to make sure to get your battery charged back up to full capacity. Let me know how it works for you. Hope I remembered it all correctly
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 10-06-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Spyder Garage

I thought that after you turned the key off you had five seconds to press the mode button to turn the radio on.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.