Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two more weeks!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

Hello everyone,

My name is Preston (new to the forums) I will have my 2012 limited edition RT in two more weeks.. I chose the Lava Bronze color..

For the past moth I have been reading these forums and watching misc videos on Spyder rides etc.. I am sooooo excited to be apart of the Spyder world!

My wife and I sold our bikes so that we could get the Spyder. Hope to make some spydie friends and possibly meet up for a ride sometime...

Going to bed now, 3:00am come early.. Gotta work to make those payments hahaha...

Goes to sleep dreaming of his bronze beauty... With wife on it of course hehehe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would like to say Congrats on the New Ryde & Welcome to the SpyderHood

& You'll likely not be get'n much sleep these next two weeks. For us, it was like a kid on Christmas Eve just couldn't get here soon enough Over 2 years later & my face still hurts from smile'n so much on every ryde Enjoy it 20120422_231843.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I to have the lava bronze! Hope the 2 weeks pass fast.I know exactly how you feel!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Two More Weeks

Preston,
    There are some Spyder Ryders in the Tyler/Longview area. Need to meet sometime in the near future.
    Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your pending spyder purchase and to the family. Dale

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up me too

hi preston on your impending purchase ,i pick my black 2012 RS SM5 in 12 days so i know how u r feeling exciting isnt it well welcome to the family generally a great bunch of people and a great store of knowledge and opions.

cheers Mick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcantrell52 View Post
    Preston,
    There are some Spyder Ryders in the Tyler/Longview area. Need to meet sometime in the near future.
    Reese
    First of all thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am busting at the seams in anticipation. . I almost bought the blue one last weekend due to no bronze in stock but I always jump the gun and settle for less than what I wanted so this time I waited!!

I am a little nervouse as I hear a lot of stories of improper setup from the dealers and hope this won't be the case!! Getting mine at louis powers ports in Greenville Tx.

In response to the riders in Longview and Tyler, I look forward to riding with you.

Gotta run, will check back later today.

Spyder Garage

Preston and Mrs Preston on your new Spyder. Wishing you many happy miles.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm not in the area but I will be driving the Spyder up to Tyler this weekend to see family. I am usually on four wheels but I drive through Mineola at least a couple times a year on my way to my uncle's in Alba. Congrats,

David

Spyder Garage

Default Two More Weeks

Preston,
    The most recent reviews on this board about Louis Powersports have been positive regarding their service and sales efforts. If you go back 2+ years the reviews were mixed.
    Reese
    2010 RT-S SE5 Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

to the site and on the impending purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default two more weeks

welcome,and have a lot of fun rideing

Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

Welcome and 2 thumbs up on the Lava Bronze, i also have one and we love it, read the Do's and Don'ts forum, it is important and remember to have fun and be safe.

Joe

Sent from my iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Ask your dealer to go over the PDI (Pre Delivery Inpection) checklist with you

Proper Initial dealer set-up is Extremely Important for you to have a trouble free start to your new Spydering Adventures

Asking them to go over the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist with you (which they should anyways) will let them know that you aren't clueless about whats going on, and if they are a good dealer, they should be eager to help educate you on your new ryde

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Welcome and 2 thumbs up on the Lava Bronze, i also have one and we love it, read the Do's and Don'ts forum, it is important and remember to have fun and be safe.Joe
    This is the best collection of Information for New Spyder Owners all in one thread that I've EVER seen http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMay View Post
    First of all thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I am busting at the seams in anticipation. . I almost bought the blue one last weekend due to no bronze in stock but I always jump the gun and settle for less than what I wanted so this time I waited!!

I am a little nervouse as I hear a lot of stories of improper setup from the dealers and hope this won't be the case!! Getting mine at louis powers ports in Greenville Tx.

In response to the riders in Longview and Tyler, I look forward to riding with you.

Gotta run, will check back later today.
    Hi Preston,

Glad you didn't settle and are getting exactly what you want. That is exactly the bike I plan on buying. I'm in the Dallas area so Louis Powersports is fairly close and is one of the dealers I am considering to get a quote from. I am hoping to get my license and purchase one by the end of Sept. I would love to hear what kind of deal they made and how well the do with the setup. I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Andy

Spyder Garage

Default Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist/ Post assembly checklist?

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Proper Initial dealer set-up is Extremely Important for you to have a trouble free start to your new Spydering Adventures

Asking them to go over the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist with you (which they should anyways) will let them know that you aren't clueless about whats going on, and if they are a good dealer, they should be eager to help educate you on your new ryde

This is the best collection of Information for New Spyder Owners all in one thread that I've EVER seen http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners
    Is the Pre-Delivery Inspection checklist signed off by the Tech or store manager? Does this information get back to BRP via serial numbers through the dealer? Is there a post assembly checklist? Are these BRP requirements? This kind of followup would provide for tighter quality and consistent setup. What do you think?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

Wow thanks for all the great info, I already feel like part of the Spyder family and I don't even have it yet! My wife tells me I am obsessed! Lol

The price I have right now is 24,999.00. So far that is the best deal I have seen..

I am pooped from the days work today and wanted to reply to several posts in this thread but I will have to try and do this weekend..

Again thank you all for the great information... The do's and Dont's are great, I read them all..

Talk to you again tomorrow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

ONE MORE WEEK!!! This is driving me crazy!! Someone get me a strait jacket!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

Please do let us know how well this dealer takes care of the setup. I am looking to buy within the next couple of weeks and they are one of the dealers of interest.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up GOT MINE TODAY !!!!

I picked up my black 2012 RS today its brilliant (even in a force 10 gale with sideways rain ) im a happy camper

cheers mick

Spyder Garage

Wow thanks for all the great info, I already feel like part of the Spyder family and I don't even have it yet! My wife tells me I am obsessed! Lol

The price I have right now is 24,999.00. So far that is the best deal I have seen..

I am pooped from the days work today and wanted to reply to several posts in this thread but I will have to try and do this weekend..

Again thank you all for the great information... The do's and Dont's are great, I read them all..

Talk to you again tomorrow
    Are you dealing with Curtis at Louis Power Sports? That's who I dealt with on my Lava Bronze, great guy to deal with.

J. D.
    Last edited by TexasSpyder; 09-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post
    Are you dealing with Curtis at Louis Power Sports? That's who I dealt with on my Lava Bronze, great guy to deal with.

J. D.
    J.D. That's good to hear. I've been watching their pricing on eBay. I'm taking my riding course this weekend and hoping to get my endorsement sometime early next week. Then I'll give Curtis a call. I will also get a quote from the dealer closest to me, North Texas Yamaha then pick the best one.

Andy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

You pick up your bronze baby yet?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

After much discussion, my wife and I decided to wait and see what the 2013's will be like.. I'm chomping at the bits and still may not be able to wait, but who knows if I can hold out? Maybe there will be some great new additions to the new model.

Maybe better shocks? Added sway bar for better stability? Dunno... Just thought if going to spend that much money, maybe will be worth the wait to see what they produce...

On the other hand, should I wake up next weekend and say screw it I can't wait any longer, I will let u know. Lol... ( will probably be the case hahaha )

Last edited by PMay; 09-10-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two more weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by 20Limited12 View Post

J. D.
    His name is Jason, the one that always has a dip in his mouth lol