Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Parking Brake Fault

Trying to fix this.
    Repalaced #3 fuse 25amp in front trunk. Took the key and walked away for 15 minutes, twice, the brake cable looks fine in the rear pulley.
    Any suggestions?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Question Maybe try ryding it a short distance

Did you bring up the fault code & if so,, what did it show

Spyder Garage

Does the parking brake work? If not, the cable probably came off the (front) drum. If the brake does work, it could also be due to the cable not releasing all the way. Some cleaning and lubrication can help there. The brake cable couls also just be out of adjustment. There are other possibilities, too, depending on what the fault code says.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Fault code search

Hate to ask this but, how do I bring up fault codes?

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Did you bring up the fault code & if so,, what did it show

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default parking brake does not work

Parking brake does not work...

The brake cable is engaged with the rear pulley and from what I can see it is engaged on the front pulley as well...can't see the front pulley as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Does the parking brake work? If not, the cable probably came off the (front) drum. If the brake does work, it could also be due to the cable not releasing all the way. Some cleaning and lubrication can help there. The brake cable couls also just be out of adjustment. There are other possibilities, too, depending on what the fault code says.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Pulling up the FAULT CODES on an RT

IMG_20120729_155636.jpgIMG_20120729_155644.jpg
    With the key on, push the MODE, SET & TURN SIGNAL CANCEL (push in) BUTTON, ALL 3 AT THE SAME TIME

If you do it correctly, you should see something like the above, but with your particular fault codes
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 08-25-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation You'll have to remove the side tupperware to view the front pully

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Master View Post
    Parking brake does not work...The brake cable is engaged with the rear pulley and from what I can see it is engaged on the front pulley as well...can't see the front pulley as well.
    The front pully has a bad habbit of popping out of its holder & I believe there is a recall that covers this, or the spring one. But its very easy to see if this is the problem, if you pull the middle side panel on the right side off. That however, requires the removal of other panels as well to get to remove the middle panel

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default pushing for codes

Pushed all three 4 times...get blank screen...all three at the same time with the key on

IMG_20120729_155636.jpgIMG_20120729_155644.jpg
    With the key on, push the MODE, SET & TURN SIGNAL CANCEL (push in) BUTTON, ALL 3 AT THE SAME TIME

If you do it correctly, you should see something like the above, but with your particular fault codes

Spyder Garage

Lightbulb hmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe its gotta be running .......

Either its not throwing any codes, or maybe, try starting the Spyder and then try the same process. Last time I needed to use it, the Spyder was running. Not sure if it has to be or not, but I'm thinking if you got a blank screen, you did it right and its just not throwing any codes. The next step then, would be to either take off the side tupperware and inspect the front pulley or its dealer time sorry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks. I think I need some training on removing the side panels. I watched Lamont's video...what a process it is.

Either its not throwing any codes, or maybe, try starting the Spyder and then try the same process. Last time I needed to use it, the Spyder was running. Not sure if it has to be or not, but I'm thinking if you got a blank screen, you did it right and its just not throwing any codes. The next step then, would be to either take off the side tupperware and inspect the front pulley or its dealer time sorry