Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Guys for your kind words. I don't really blame my dealer as they have many sitting waiting for parts....I will be patient until next week and then get the part number and call around. My disappointment is with BRP....Big Saddle, No Hat as they say in so. TX. I really like BR1, but can not be left in far west Texas with a breakdown....far from a town let alone a Spyder dealer....Hell, I will be 80 in two weeks and in good health...but don't wish fooling with BR1...hey, on the Wing, hit the starter and GO!!! This is my second Wing and the other one just kept running. I traded when a 21 year old citizen ran over me at a stop light....They had to tow his truck away with a bent front wheel and axel.

I degress...I like BR1 and will see how it goes. This is by far the best web site I have been on...thl GL1800 is good, but not this good. I feel I know many of you and we have never met....ya know the feeling.

Stevemac, I won't do anything rash...I will make slow moves on selling BR1, however I have had one of our posters said he would be interested if I wished to sell....

More later....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

George,
    If you post the needed part numbers up, here we could organize a Nationwide (Worldwide?) scavenger hunt for any dealer that has them for you!
    But we won't need to because your parts are already on their way!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bob, thanks for your suggestion....however, I just bought two new 2012 RT-S SE5 Spyders with my Lotto winnings of last Tuesday....just over $306,000,000!

ps My dealer does not exchange parts with other dealers due to "excessive paperwork". Duh

It is now a game in my mind...I will just wait and see how long this will go on....It seems Carlos is no longer with BRP (he has been on "vacation" for several months) and phone people are of no help. Will not put me through to the "parts people", saying they can't transfer the call...(another Duh)

I am the first to acknowledge that Honda is just as bad...when you call them, they barely admit they are a motorcycle company....oh, yes, and Suzuki says "you have the wrong number".....

This is Thursday morning and the part was to be "shipped this week". Please stay tuned for the next chapter of "As the Spyder turns".

See ya later, Punkin' is outside waiting to go to breakfast....

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Thanks Guys for your kind words. I don't really blame my dealer as they have many sitting waiting for parts....I will be patient until next week and then get the part number and call around. My disappointment is with BRP....Big Saddle, No Hat as they say in so. TX. I really like BR1, but can not be left in far west Texas with a breakdown....far from a town let alone a Spyder dealer....Hell, I will be 80 in two weeks and in good health...but don't wish fooling with BR1...hey, on the Wing, hit the starter and GO!!! This is my second Wing and the other one just kept running. I traded when a 21 year old citizen ran over me at a stop light....They had to tow his truck away with a bent front wheel and axel.

I degress...I like BR1 and will see how it goes. This is by far the best web site I have been on...thl GL1800 is good, but not this good. I feel I know many of you and we have never met....ya know the feeling.

Stevemac, I won't do anything rash...I will make slow moves on selling BR1, however I have had one of our posters said he would be interested if I wished to sell....

More later....
    Wishing you a very Happy 80Th Birthday, that is a real accomplishment and you look in very good shape from your photos!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, and yes, I think I am in pretty good shape for my age....Inflation, the government and our economy took care of many of my health secrets. I had to quit drinking when whiskey got to $5 a quart and quit smoking when cigarettes went to $14 a carton. I quit working when I found out all I had to do is tell the nice folks I was from a foreign country, make an X and speak pig english...and they gave me reduced housing costs, a free cell phone (oh, yes, free cell phone with 200 minutes a month), free food (in Texas it is called the Star Card) and free transportation to the doctor for my free treatments along with my free prescriptions....
    Why would I not be in good shape???

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, and yes, I think I am in pretty good shape for my age....Inflation, the government and our economy took care of many of my health secrets. I had to quit drinking when whiskey got to $5 a quart and quit smoking when cigarettes went to $14 a carton. I quit working when I found out all I had to do is tell the nice folks I was from a foreign country, make an X and speak pig english...and they gave me reduced housing costs, a free cell phone (oh, yes, free cell phone with 200 minutes a month), free food (in Texas it is called the Star Card) and free transportation to the doctor for my free treatments along with my free prescriptions....
    Why would I not be in good shape???

Now all you need is a FREE Spyder to be complete.

Spyder Garage

Best of luck with the dealer, hope everything works out okay.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken but there is a cast steel elbow that connects the output shaft of the shifter servo to the splined shaft coming out of the transmission. Mine was loose once and I've read that this can cause the transmission and electric shifter to come out of sync and can wear out the splines on the shaft if not caught in time.

Y.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Five weeks and counting...

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

Default Listening may not be hearing

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Ridiculous George....sometimes you need to be the squeaky wheel....
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell them that you're already 80... you'd like to enjoy the bike during this decade's worth of life!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I cant believe this is still going on. Is there no one at BRP that reads this? Should we all start calling BRP in this situations??? Unreal. Come on BRP we cant have these things go on. Crack down on this non sense people read this and it certianly does you no good!!!!
    Josh
    AKA "Camdenlake"
    Soon to be 2012 Red Goldwing

Spyder Garage

Default warranty

I too bought the deluxe warranty, traded in my dodge quad cab, so this is my primary wheels. don't they have to provide a loaner if in shop longer than say a day or two? seems like lemon law invoke time is coming up.
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    I too bought the deluxe warranty, traded in my dodge quad cab, so this is my primary wheels. don't they have to provide a loaner if in shop longer than say a day or two? seems like lemon law invoke time is coming up.
    Teds Red Sled is our only mode of transportation as well, and unfortunately the warranty does NOT allow for a loaner vehicle, that would be totally at the discretion of your dealer and I think we all know some dealers are better than others.

As for Lemon Laws, do your research, as not all states have a Lemon Law that covers MotorCycles, such is the case of West Virginia as I sadly found out with our 2010 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AbNormy View Post
    Dealer diagnoses the problem and orders parts for what is obviously a BRP approved warranty issue. Five weeks later....still no parts. The only lemon here is BRP customer service. Another thing that stands out in this post is the absence of the usual BRP apologists.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

YOu certainly would think that somebody could have made a couple of more phone calls for something as simple as just getting some parts from the factory. This has gone on way too long...

Spyder Garage

While I'm not a big conspiracy guy, there has to be something else going on here. Has there been a design change, and BRP is awaiting new units? A shortage caused by floods in Bangladesh? All anyone really wants is the truth.

The dealer should be burning the wire, because they should KNOW this isn't good for their future business.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ha ha, no calls from the dealer or BRP. I am going to call the dealer in a few minutes and get a part number and bang on BRP a while. One person did send info to BRP about this and they answered him that they were going to get in touch with me...but as they say in France, "not soon".

Something is wrong with me.....I am starting to enjoy this crap....and have a soul who is interested in buying BR1. A friend asked if he should buy a Spyder....I explained my situation and several others on this site and he is pricing a Gold Wing while I type this...

Chapter 8 of "As the Spyder turns".

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Spyder Garage

George,

I am looking at GW trikes. Should I buy one already built (new) or buy a new or used GW and have the kit installed? There is a shop in Jasper, GA that does nothing but trikes. They specialize in GW trikes. They build spec trikes they sell in their showroom or you can select a kit of your choice and have it installed on your bike. They offer two or three different kits by different mgrs. The one I like is a CSC Cobra kit.

cougar
    Last edited by cougar; 08-23-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    While I'm not a big conspiracy guy, there has to be something else going on here. Has there been a design change, and BRP is awaiting new units? A shortage caused by floods in Bangladesh? All anyone really wants is the truth.

The dealer should be burning the wire, because they should KNOW this isn't good for their future business.
    Nothing new about 2 years ago my ECU Bit the dust, 45 days to get one ,
    REASON on Back order.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'd be quite tempted to call BRP and explain to whatever poor soul that answers the phone that it's in their best interest to go pull a bike off of the line, yank the needed parts out of it, and let their bike sit for all of this time! They've got customers with an already too-short riding season... Daylight is being wasted!

Spyder Garage

I agree with Bob, they should have resolved this issue long ago and if they need to pull a unit off the line to get the part, then thats what they should do. they shouldnt leave customers just sitting out there waiting this long....

sort of makes me concerned that I just bought 2 RT-S spyders..........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After I wrote my earlier post today, I called my dealer and asked how it was going. She said, please talk to Bruce. He is their Spyder guy....and a good one. He said he got the ECM Tuesday, installed it and BR1 still did not run the way it should and he called BRP. They (he and BRP) think BR1 also has a bad throttle body. Gee, has anyone ever heard of a TB needing replaced???? (Spyder joke for the day) BRP is "overnighting it" and he will keep me informed.

We will see how it goes. Me and wife are jumping in our Bounder in the morning and going camping for three or four days....I won't be around WiFi so no communication. However, I shall return....

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    George,

I am looking at GW trikes. Should I buy one already built (new) or buy a new or used GW and have the kit installed? There is a shop in Jasper, GA that does nothing but trikes. They specialize in GW trikes. They build spec trikes they sell in their showroom or you can select a kit of your choice and have it installed on your bike. They offer two or three different kits by different mgrs. The one I like is a CRC Cobra kit.

cougar
    Cougar, that CSC (I think you mean California Sidecar vs CRC) Cobra is a drop dead machine. That will be my next trike if my damn Motor Trike will just quit showing off and just keeps running. (12 years old and never been in the shop other than normal maintenance) Motor Trike builds a solid axel or a IRS unit. My solid axel is bullet proof (Mustang V6) and strong as ten pounds of garlic. I triked my Wing after four years due to a bad knee that started up after 25 years due to a small incident during the Korean War.

The most important thing to remember here is: There are no bad kits...just bad insallers. The CSC requires a skilled installation....if the Jasper, GA company is a stand up group, go for it. Good luck. I love my trikes, both BR1 and Punkin'.

I am hoping BR1 will run like a hose when I get him back....and will ride him a lot and see how he stands up. BPR needs to review their parts department...it is a big money maker, but is loosing customers.

Last edited by Mr. White; 08-23-2012 at 06:18 AM.

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cougar, that CSC (I think you mean California Sidecar vs CRC) Cobra is a drop dead machine. That will be my next trike if my damn Motor Trike will just quit showing off and just keeps running. (12 years old and never been in the shop other than normal maintenance) Motor Trike builds a solid axel or a IRS unit. My solid axel is bullet proof (Mustang V6) and strong as ten pounds of garlic. I triked my Wing after four years due to a bad knee that started up after 25 years due to a small incident during the Korean War.

The most important thing to remember here is: There are no bad kits...just bad insallers. The CSC requires a skilled installation....if the Jasper, GA company is a stand up group, go for it. Good luck. I love my trikes, both BR1 and Punkin'.

I am hoping BR1 will run like a hose when I get him back....and will ride him a lot and see how he stands up. BPR needs to review their parts department...it is a big money maker.

Just for info CSC is located here in VA. and conversions start at around $12,000, But who better to install then the original maker.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures