Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Where will you put a...

...laptop in a RT?
    We are leaving for some vacations next month (Yosemite, Death Valley, Santa Fe, Durango, Chaco Canyon and the Rockies), but having our own company we need to stay in touch with a laptop. On the big HD it was perfect in the tour pack but I wonder if it will not be better in the frunk (inside the roller) than in the rear or sides?
    What do you think?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Assuming it will be protected its own case, I'd try the trunk. The frunk is larger and would be capable of storing more items. Dale

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy keeps his in the laptop bag in the Frunk

And then he keeps the his 7 & 10" Galaxy Tabs in the trunk, the Teddy-Cam on the middle dash, the GPS on the top dash and the Droid in the cradle between the bars, a place for everything and everything in its place .............................. Except for my sanity of course

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that i'd "Frunk" it. Sitting up betwen the front wheels ought to give it the smoothest ride and it'll be out in front of the engine heat.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I ryde to work anytime the weather allows. Since I am in IT I haul a laptop all the time. Been putting it in the frunk for 2 years with no issues.

Spyder Garage

I work mostly at home, but need to go in every couple weeks for a day, and always put my laptop in the frunk. 220 mile round trip commute.
    Isn't so bad now, but when I started this gig, it was 1100 miles/week with daily roundtrip run for several months. Never had a problem with the laptop!
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Default Frunk it

When the wife beats me out of the house in the morning and steals the , her laptop goes in her Swiss gear backpack and sits nicely in the frunk, no issues.

2011 Spyder RT A&C SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Chaco Culture National Park Road

Prmurat....

We were there 2 summers ago.... the only road open into it was 20 miles of gravel!!! Maybe not so good on the drive belt.

http://www.nps.gov/chcu/planyourvisit/roadclosures.htm

Looks to be the only way in?

Great place but even in my 2500 Ram it was a bit rough.

Have a great trip.

Greg

Spyder Garage

I have mine with me at the Owners Event and it fit perfectly in the RT622.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

In my backpack bag with 15.4 inch in the trunk or Frunk. Really depends on what else I am carrying.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We tucked my wife's MacBook in the Frunk with my iPad zipped into the case as well. Never a problem.