Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Wooleeeeee

Ok so your comming down the road and this guy dosen't wave------just be glad he's going the other way.G'burg Mon (37).jpg
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I always give the three wheeler wave, Thumb and first to fingers. Sometimes I give the single cyclinder wave to the cagers. This weekend I waved to a two wheeler but what I got back was a shaking of the index finger in the air like no no no. Not sure what that was about other than he did not feel I was a M/C so did not disserved a wave.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    You considered his spelling good? Seriously? privlage
    What about what he did to "motorcycle"?
    Should we even mention the discussion that could be had about whether or not we Three Wheelers are V-Twins or motorcycles or not; I kind of thought that we were "Motorcyclists"...

His Mama must be real proud...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The Wave

Hey, it takes all kinds......but its all good! Its what makes the world go around. Just saying!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I went for a ride just after I posted this and I guess the other v-twin riders didn't get the memo either because they were all giving me the v-twin sign.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What should be the sign for the lower compression (8.5:1 ) V twin?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    OK Mickey !!!!!!! Time to fess up. This is a 2012 Neutron Green RS you are riding. You own a 2011, what gives ?????

I'm sure Mikey was hand signal a right turn:

Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Pretty funny.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Holy Cow based on that I am waaaay out of "touch"

after reading Lamont's comment and "the dude's" I watched me as I waved to All I encounter..sometimes that 2 finger one..sometimes open hand lower position...sometimes just a plain ole wave..hand/arm up...even just a thumb's up..another Spyder usually gets the fist pump...but then heck I waved at several farmers driving various pieces of equipment (even the loaded manure spreader guy...spreading a little s^*# everywhere he went....guess "the dude" just has a control issue that he tried to scratch and ...yep he gets one of my HERE"S YOUR SIGN!!! oh yea, I'll keep right on waving to any and all..makes me feel special
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder 5 Team Member MickeyFisher's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    I'm sure Mikey was hand signal a right turn:

Spyder Garage

I simply raise of a few fingers or nod of the head in a lot of instances, or the whole hand. It has always given me a sense of community and never ceases to put a smile on my face. It means we're brothers and sisters on the road.
    Bikes of all kinds - cruisers, crotch rockets, touring bikes, And every time someone waved, I could feel the camaraderie - and the underlying "when we waive, we celebrate enjoying riding together, but we also say 'I've got your six', too."
    Just my 2 cents.

Spyder Garage

I found this: What's The Proper Way To Wave
    There's a lot of different ways to wave and some riders attach meanings to various methods of waving.
    The Low Wave - Extend the left arm downward at a forty-five degree angle (straight out is the signal for a left turn). I've seen this most often used by folks on cruisers, especially Harleys. There are variations of the low wave:

• A fist with index and middle fingers extended together - The low wave if you're on a two cylinder bike.
    • All four fingers extended - The low wave if you're on a four cylinder bike.
    • A fist with the index and middle fingers extended but spread apart - A peace sign meaning "peace on the road."
    • Thumb and index finger making a circle other three fingers extended - The "OK" sign saying, "I'm okay, you're okay." Can also be a question asking if the other rider is okay.
    • All five fingers extended, palm facing forward - the "low five."

The Two Finger Flip - Left hand remains on the grip, but the index and middle fingers come up. This is often used by crotch rocket types because the forward leaning position can make it a little awkward to take the left hand off the bar. Also used by bikes of all types in traffic when they don't quite feel safe taking a hand off the bar.
    The Four Finger Wiggle - Left hand remains on the grip, but all four fingers come up and are wiggled side to side a little. Used in the same situations as the Two Finger Flip.
    The Mini-Wave - The left hand comes a couple inches off the grip to flash a wave before going back to the grip.
    The Full Wave - the left hand comes up to shoulder height or higher to wave.
    The Vigorous Full Wave - The left hand comes up to shoulder height or higher and is waved back and forth vigorously.
    The Biker Salute - Left fist held up high. I've only ever heard of this or read of it, but never seen it. The references that I have heard or read indicate that it's an old-time biker gang thing. I dunno how true that is or isn't.
    The Peace Sign - The left hand makes a fist with the index and middle fingers extended and spread.
    Personally I use the peace sign mostly. If I'm not the initiator and am returning someone else's wave, I'll tend to mimic the wave that they used.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Ok so your comming down the road and this guy dosen't wave------just be glad he's going the other way.G'burg Mon (37).jpg
    I thought he was a decent guy to drink Beer with. He was a little vauge on State Helmet laws tho.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

After reading this post I was deeply concerned for the rights of all riders to use the V-Twin hand gesture. We can't just give up our constitutional rights to freedom of hand gestures to Harley riders. If so what would we loose next? The beloved one finger salute? So I contacted the distinguished Harvard Law professor Laurence H. Tribe. To my great relief there is apparently no specific reference to Harley riders owning any hand gestures in the Constitution. In fact, as the historic painting below clearly shows, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Pierce Butler, and William Jackson are bravely using the V-Twin salute with no fear of reprisal during the signing of the Constitution. I'm not 100% certain and I'm still waiting for word, but I'm fairly sure those guys didn't own Harleys. So be brave fellow Spyderlovers and henceforth use the V-Twin salute with the audacity of our founding fathers!

Spyder Garage

Truelu AWESOME!!

Spyder Garage

The V in that photo represents Victory and a salute to the Victors.

just sayin'...
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

I have always done the peace sign wave, some people ignore but for the majority of the time...they wave back. Can't we all just get along? I have respect for anyone who rides a 2 wheel or 3 wheel....Peace

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sny View Post
    The V in that photo represents Victory and a salute to the Victors.

just sayin'...
    Not really a V, it's Photoshopped. With due posthumous apologies to Howard Chandler Christy, Charles Cotesworth Pinckney, Pierce Butler, and William Jackson.
    Last edited by pro10is; 05-21-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Peace sign for me. Have always greeted others with it and will continue to spread the good vibe.

Spyder Garage

What's the sign when two minivans pass each other?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    It’s a quick three-part gesture. First, the minivan driver sticks his or her left arm out the window and points three fingers downward, signifying the letter “M.” Next, the hand is raised upward with two fingers in a “V.” Finally, the “thumbs up” sign is given. The unmistakable message is: Mini. Van. Yeah!
    Shut up and Race!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I usually give the peace sign as well, & Teddy just gives a nod of his doggled head

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Macca View Post
    I have always done the peace sign wave, some people ignore but for the majority of the time...they wave back. Can't we all just get along? I have respect for anyone who rides a 2 wheel or 3 wheel....Peace

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't they normally duel by throwing spent diapers at one another as they pass?

Spyder Garage

Since the drivers are probably drinking coffee and talking on their cell phones while texting their friends, I doubt they even see each other!
    Dan