Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Hospitality 501...

Been wondering if maybe Lamont (or Len or someone else in Spyderlover land) designed a course called Spyder Hospitality 501 (must be an upperlevel course from my experience)...all I can say is OFF THE CHARTS .. fellow Spyderlovers...if one of ours says "hey stop by..door open"...take them up on it...besides meeting some of the most incredible people in the world...their willingness to treat you like royalty cannot be measured...I have been the blessed recepient of many such opportunities since leaving Spyderfest. I, usually, tend to just go and do..very much comfortable with just me...but decided as folks said hey murph stop by if in our area that I would step out of my comfort zone and accept the invites...with tears of gratitude I say WOW what an experience this has been and what incredible, incredible hosts I am having...yesterday was tour guided thru the backroads of VT...saw places I have only read about...today another ryder (ok it's a motorcycle guy...but he and his lady seemed OK ) will join up with the two spyders and take me to NH...have decided that I need to put "leaf peeking" on my bucket list (mid October they tell me best time!!)...
    Tomorrow I will reluctantly head toward Niagra Falls...still looking for that "littlier" town that I can find motel at...cross into Canada (not a long way from falls..maybe hr or so)...do the tourist think..that Mist boat trip...then back to US side...anyone have a suggstion??
    I have been traveling hiway 2...after NFalls will again find 2....2 is the main road I travel from Chelan...just the opposite end of the nation...so going to do Great Lakes area...well that's enough planning...just wanted to let you know...that I am still alive and well...internet is like NOT GOOD in this section of VT...but "pirated" my host's computer so I could post..been missing you guys!!!
    Have a great one...sun shining here!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Great to hear Karyl, sounds like your having the Ryde of a lifetime

I've said since our own inception, the SpyderLovers Community is 2nd to none

Spyder Garage

When Kjen and I took our trip around the USA and parts of Canada in 2009 on our 2008 SE5 we stayed at this motel:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/moon...FeZgTAodXX3wqw

It is SUPER clean and run by a man and his wife who live on-site. We booked the motel and Niagara Falls tour bus from the Traveler Center on I-190, the last stop before the Buffalo exit. If you stop at the center, ask for the motel by name or they will try and sell you more expensive lodging. The price was only $49.95 and was better and cleaner than some we stayed in costing $100+. We so enjoyed it we stayed for 2 days...the second day just kicking around and riding a little on Niagara Falls Blvd. We were lucky enough to see the fireworks, etc., and the lights at the falls...we had a great tour guide and was worth every penny. For $80 each we did the Maid of the Mist, Wind Cave, other interesting points around the falls. We were picked up at the motel and returned. No fuss no hassle.
    Last edited by Dudley; 05-19-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

A really neat place to stop is Old Quebec City in Montreal. That will take you back to 1700's France, complete with narrow cobblestone streets and quaint French shops. There is a square on the ST. Lawrence river with a hotel that presidents stayed at and the other side of the square a quaint french style hotel where we stayed.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If you are taking the Thruway, or route 20 west, head north on I 81 to Alexandria Bay and check out the castle in the middle of the St Lawrence.
    Near Rome, there's a state park that's a restored section of the Erie Canal. And try to spend a little time checking out the Finger Lakes area.
    Ryde safe, take LOTS of pics.

john

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Murphy if you are coming through Minnesota please get in touch with us it would be great show you our part of the world too.
    --Paula
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Default the Proof is in the "puddin'"

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    When Kjen and I took our trip around the USA and parts of Canada in 2009 on our 2008 SE5 we stayed at this motel:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/moon...FeZgTAodXX3wqw

It is SUPER clean and run by a man and his wife who live on-site. We booked the motel and Niagara Falls tour bus from the Traveler Center on I-190, the last stop before the Buffalo exit. If you stop at the center, ask for the motel by name or they will try and sell you more expensive lodging. The price was only $49.95 and was better and cleaner than some we stayed in costing $100+. We so enjoyed it we stayed for 2 days...the second day just kicking around and riding a little on Niagara Falls Blvd. We were lucky enough to see the fireworks, etc., and the lights at the falls...we had a great tour guide and was worth every penny. For $80 each we did the Maid of the Mist, Wind Cave, other interesting points around the falls. We were picked up at the motel and returned. No fuss no hassle.
    See, proof positive...Spyderlovers ROCK Just booked my room for Mon/Tues..going to take your advise and do the bus..maid of mist, etc. etc....I am so into no fuss, no hassle....thank you thank you thank you....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Another Spyderlover making a trip of a lifetime!!! Sounds like you are really enjoying yourself!!!
    Marilyn