Thread: Hello USA

Spyder Garage

Default Hello USA

Rolled in to the USA this afternoon... and exhausting ride from Truro Nova Scotia.. heavy rain wind, and fog. I couldn't see any of the landscape... and I do enjoy looking and seeing as I ryde but not today.. Great news the raingear did it's job.. well had one very soggy sock to wring out but hey what's one wet foot.. but I was exhausted dinner and a nap took care of that!! Spyderlover, rogerb, has given me the next leg of journey..hi way 9 to Bangor then 2 into VT..
    nova Scotia was incredible.. especially enjoyed the Cabot Trail sites.. also Annapolis Valley Halifax and Bay of Fundy..the people are so friendly and helpful ... they would qualify to be Spyderlovers..
    have a great one...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome home...you're going to love hwy 2 acroos NH and across Vermont...last year we came from NY into Vermont we took the ferry across Lake Champlain...resize ferry.jpg
    hope the bridge is not finished...I like ferrys......it's all beautiful...enjoy
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 05-16-2012 at 10:24 PM.

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Glad your enjoy'n the ryde Karyl

But also glad to Welcome you back to the Good 'Ole USofA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Welcome home...you're going to love hwy 2 acroos NH and across Vermont...last year we came from NY into Vermont we took the ferry across Lake Champlain...

resize ferry.jpg
    hope the bridge is not finished...I like ferrys......it's all beautiful...enjoy
    I agree - we rode the ferry last summer also and it was beautiful. I hope the rain quits for you so you can enjoy the scenery again.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Welcome back. Glad your enjoying the trip. Keep posting--your trip log is great!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Invitation

Murphy; enjoy reading your travelogue. Traveled the same route in a converted VW camper many years ago. Sorry we did not get a chance to meet you at spyderfest. If your trip brings you anywhere near us in central Minnesota Carolyn and I can offer you a home cooked meal, soft bed, hot shower and the ever important laundry facilities. Ride safe and enjoy the scenery.

Spyder Garage

Welcome back, continuing to sound like you are having a great trip. Ryde safe!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Continued to be impressed with your travels!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...Living vicariously through your experiences! Thanks for the great road-trip story!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Hello USA

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Rolled in to the USA this afternoon... and exhausting ride from Truro Nova Scotia.. heavy rain wind, and fog. I couldn't see any of the landscape... and I do enjoy looking and seeing as I ryde but not today.. Great news the raingear did it's job.. well had one very soggy sock to wring out but hey what's one wet foot.. but I was exhausted dinner and a nap took care of that!! Spyderlover, rogerb, has given me the next leg of journey..hi way 9 to Bangor then 2 into VT..
    nova Scotia was incredible.. especially enjoyed the Cabot Trail sites.. also Annapolis Valley Halifax and Bay of Fundy..the people are so friendly and helpful ... they would qualify to be Spyderlovers..
    have a great one...
    Karyl, It makes all of us a little jealous that you're having such a great time, but very proud the way you represent us. Looks like you'll only have a couple weeks after you get home before you have to jump back on your bike & head to Durango. See you there. Dick

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) ruthie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We planning a trip to Nova Scotia in first part of September. Everyone that has been to Nova Scotia said the same thing about the people. How about pictures and more information about where you stay, good places to eat. and other advice.

2014 RT SE6 Limited
    rYding Safe = Having Fun

Ruthie

Spyder Garage

The Confederation Bridge between New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island is nine miles long over the Atlantic Ocean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Murphy this is a trip you will cherish the rest of your life. Aren't you glad you have done it.
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    Murphy this is a trip you will cherish the rest of your life. Aren't you glad you have done it.
    TOTALLY...just wish I could figure out how to post pics here...

Covered bridges yesterday and learning about how PURE VERMONT maple syrup is from tree to my table!! Oh yea and then there was the maple creemie!!!
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Registered Users Grandpa Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

TOTALLY...just wish I could figure out how to post pics here...

Covered bridges yesterday and learning about how PURE VERMONT maple syrup is from tree to my table!! Oh yea and then there was the maple creemie!!!
    I will tell you how I post pictures here. I use Photobucket to up load my pictures then I use the IMG code to copy and paste. Photobucket is free and easy to use.
    example picture of my Glodwing
    Grandpa Spyder 2015 F3S
    May God Bless All Of those Who Serve Our Country

Life is Good

Link to all of my Mods with pictures, http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-with-pictures

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default So Jealous!

Sounds like great fun. I used to live on Prince Edward Island back in the 70's would love to make that trip. Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Spyder View Post
    I will tell you how I post pictures here. I use Photobucket to up load my pictures then I use the IMG code to copy and paste. Photobucket is free and easy to use.
    example picture of my Glodwing
    eeekkkk I have my ipad and iphone and for this non techi can't get that to work...know there is a way cause others are successful at posting with ipad/iphone. Thanks for the help....
    My Motto Is:

Spyder Garage

Default New Scotland

have a great one...
    I was touring Nova Scotia (New Scotland) on my BMW K1200GT 4 years ago. With its high center of mass and my bad knees I dropped it no less than 3 times. Fortunately I was riding with friends and they helped me pick it up. I also noticed a large number of funny looking 3-wheeled contrivances and went over to talk to the riders and found out that they were called Can Am Spyders. Right then and there I decided that when I got back to Ohio I would look into owning one of these things. The rest is history.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Nova Scotia

A funny thing happened on my way to the US (from Nova Scotia). I was crossing the border into Maine when the border agent noticed that I had a towel tied to the back of my Beemer. She said "That's a Sham Wow", and I said yes it is. Another agent came over and said "Those are made in Germany". And then a 3rd agent came over and said "You know the Germans, they make good stuff". I noticed that all three agents had smiles on their faces (border agents NEVER smile) as they sent me on my way.
    This story will make more sense if you remember the TV ad for Sham Wow.

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar