Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GLORYDER LIGHTS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GLORYDER LIGHTS

Does anyone have the GLO RYDER lights for there spyder wheels and how well do you like them?? What happens if one of them goes out and stops working on you do they replace this? Or are they ran off of batteries I couldn't tell im there video I watched of the install.

Please let me know i am looking into purchasing a set, but i want to make sure its worth the money!!

Spyder Garage

We have GloRyders and are very pleased with their performance. Yes they are powered by 3 double A batteries (each wheel)-----we use the rechargeable
    This is our third season ,they work great.....never had a problem.

Spyder Garage

The gloryder lights work great. I have had them on all three of my 's. The run off of 3 AA batteries each one. If you have them on automatic they will only go on when in motion and it is dark enough for the sensor to kick in. For me, the batteries last a full season.

Installation can be done without taking the wheels off--I can do them in about 10 minutes now.

I am going to change from orange to yellow on my current . A project in waiting. A good product. You will not be disappointed.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have the pearl white 2011 RT Limited and I have the clear LEDs and it looks great! Each side holds 3 AA batteries which should last a season (unless you ride a lot at night). There are 2 screws that hold on the cover. To change the batteries you have to remove the LED assembly by loosening the 2 screws mounting the assembly. Rotate the assembly slightly then pull out. It's not a quick procedure to replace the batteries but it's not a big deal since they last most of the riding season.
    MODS: Elka Shocks, ESI RT HMT Brake Light, ESI RT Brightsides, ESI Fender TIPS, ESI RIPS, ESI RT Day Runners, Grip Puppies
    AmerSeal Sealant, KewlMetal Kewlock, Scorpio I900 Security System, Stebel Nautilus air horn, KewlMetal Highway Brackets & ISO Wings
    Corbin seat, trunkrest & driver backrest, Capt.Jim's Belt Tensioner, SpyderPops LaBlock, Cat Shields, Bumpskid & Belt Guard
    Seal PUP Floorboards, BRP chrome, Ron's Anti-Sway Bar, Lamonster LED Head/Fog Lights & BRP Air Scoops
    2011 RTL , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is great 3 replies and three happy costumers i will be ordering mine shortly!!! THANKS EVERYONE

Spyder Garage

I love my wolf paws....

"THE DOG SLED"
    2011 Spyder Can Am RTS SM5 (Orbital Blue)
    Nuvi 550 GPS With Ram Mount
    Drink 2 Go Cup Holder
    KewlMetal RT Run-Turn-Brake LED
    GloRyder Wolf Paw (in blue)
    DMWMS Decal
    IPS w/
    Alaska Leather Sheepskin Butt Pad
    TricLed - Brake Pedal
    Chrome Shortee Antenna

Spyder Garage

We have them on both Spyders & love them. I've just added them to our RT-622 trailer. They look great, but the install is suspect. There's no way I've seen to hard mount them. Have run them about 100 miles with no sign they are coming loose. Haven't hit any high speed big bumps or potholes. Those might bounce them off.

GloRyders does NOT recommend installation on the RT-622.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love my gloryders too. Check out my wall of light video on YouTube to see them in motion.

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

was just out looking at the first off how do i get the ones off of there that are on there now?

Spyder Garage

They just snap in. I just used a small flathead screwdriver and worked my way gently along the outside of them.

MOgang Member & Pyro-Man kevorama's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Youngestspyder View Post
    was just out looking at the first off how do i get the ones off of there that are on there now?
    You're going to get differing opinions on this subject of the dust cover removal. I tried to wrap two flat bladed screwdrivers with electrical tape to keep from scratching the Chrome or powder coat, whatever your option is. It still scratches the edge of the opening, but it's covered due to the overall diameter of the GloRyder. I installed a set for a friend after doing mine and found by accident a better and faster way to remove the covers.

Use a fine flat blade screwdriver with a decent length shaft and a rubber mallet (or similar). Place the blade in between the outside edge of the plastic cover and the inside edge of the wheel. Push straight in a little bit and then angle your screwdriver at a 45° angle and give it a few raps. Once the blade slips through the, cover will/should pop off.

When I installed my GloRyders, I used a 2x2 piece of cedar and a framing hammer. The base of the GloRyder doesn't just fall in like it does on the video. At least the two that sets that I have installed had to be 'coaxed' in with a little help. Then follow the usual video tips.

I love out GloRyders so much that we purchased 3 different colors for both our RTS and RT 622 trailer. Good luck!
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-16-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    “Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow.”
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

We've got the white lights on our Phantom GS/RS and absolutely love them. I love them so much I checked with GloRyders about getting them for my new MINI Cooper convertible, Lulu. The guys at GloRyders are great (numerous emails went back and forth so I could get the first MINI GloRyders). A friend of mine looked at the available colors and thought I should get pink ones for Lulu, so that's what I did. (Between the pink GloRyders and the Carlashes, there is no chance in that Erags will try to drive Lulu without me!) We've sent GloRyders some pictures of the installed lights but we need to go to a better lit area to send video...it's so dark by us the only things showing in the video are headlights and the GloRyders...you don't really see the MINI! You will love GloRyders, whatever color you choose.
    2008 GS Phantom, 2012 RT Limited
    Cheryl Reinhart Ragsdale

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

I have a set of GloRyders that I plan on installing this weekend.

Lots of good reviews and an easy mod with a nice impact. Works for me!

Spyder Garage

Has anyone heard if Gloryder will be coming out with a remote on and off for the gloryder lights? I saw that was the popular vote on their survey.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

Spyder Garage

Default what to buy

I noticed a price difference on the website, not sure why? and is the only design the spyder or have you guys done other designs. I was thinking RT might be cool. How does this work when you order?
    States Judy and I have visited so far on the

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcdurango View Post
    I noticed a price difference on the website, not sure why? and is the only design the spyder or have you guys done other designs. I was thinking RT might be cool. How does this work when you order?
    If I recall, they have a "standard" design with their name or logo. Then an up charge for the spyder and also for billet or powder coat. Ordering was a bit confusing on the website, but EXCELLENT email communication from them got my order right and fast, the first time.

Here are the ones I got

Last edited by SteveMac; 03-15-2012 at 11:29 PM.

Spyder Garage

My custom made Gloryders are in the mail, just got a email from Will that I should have then next week. After I install them I will post a pic, they are part of the whole SKULL theme im doing. I think he said they will make them available after I get them installed, they were a little pricey but then again they are custom and have never been designed beforecant wait.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Adds GREAT visibility for the Side of your Spyder when ryde'n at night

We have a set with the Spyder logo and also another set with the Wolf Paw logo for Teddy I just gotta figure out how to mount the extra set to our Moto Mate Camper

Spyder Garage

On the Spyder gloryder page, in the left hand column, there are two pictures with how the gloryders look with the old and new style six spoke wheels. The picture with the white lights and the "RT" cap is actually of my wheel.

Spyder Garage

Default They look like this

Custom logo.

On the 622 trailer. NOT SUPPORTED BY GLORYDER

Spyder Garage

I was going to mention that Phil had a custom design cut into his caps, but he beat me to it. I needed a few special options for our sets and Will worked with me on price since what I wanted wasn't listed as an option on their website. Another one of the 'Greats' in the growing customer service list for Spyder owners that want after market items. A BIG for the GloRyder folks!!!

Purple GloRyders.jpg
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-16-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    James Dean

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyway; I was going to ask about the custom covers... Do we email them to see what else is available, or can we give them an idea of what we want? I'm just not keen on arachnids...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I really want purple Glo Lights, but I don't think they are legal in Virginia. Since I pass a police check point every morning on my way to work, I don't want to push the rules. But I think they look awesome and I have only read good things about them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bytemi View Post
    I really want purple Glo Lights, but I don't think they are legal in Virginia. Since I pass a police check point every morning on my way to work, I don't want to push the rules. But I think they look awesome and I have only read good things about them.
    Double check on that. It's legal in most states. Some might have an issue with the red ones. Take into consideration that most police officers aren't even familiar with Spyders. I think that they assume anything they see on one comes stock from the factory and is therefore A-OK. That's what I've heard, so take that with a grain of salt. I have red, green and purple. My purple ones are shown in the above post. They aren't bright enough to confuse ppl or distract them. They are a real nice touch
    Last edited by kevorama; 03-16-2012 at 08:59 AM.
    James Dean

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kevorama View Post
    Double check on that. It's legal in most states. Some might have an issue with the red ones. Take into consideration that most police officers aren't even familiar with Spyders. I think that they assume anything they see on one comes stock from the factory and is therefore A-OK. That's what I've heard, so take that with a grain of salt. I have red, green and purple. My purple ones are shown in the above post. They aren't bright enough to confuse ppl or distract them. They are a real nice touch
    OK, I will look into it. I would really love them. I have purple LEDs on my back license plate that are in sync with my parking lights, I think the front lights would be nice.