Spyder Garage

Default looking for a step by step guide for spyderpops for the non mechanical type

Hello all. I'm looking for a step by step guide for installing a spyderpop. I have seen partial guides. Most start after the cover is removed. I want to try to do this myself but really could use some detail photos/video and descriptions from true start (skin still) on to finish (to the last bolt of the lower panel). Yes, I'm not mechanically inclined at all (possibly inept), but am willing. Anyone know where I can find such a beast?

Spyder Garage

Go to SpyderPops by clicking on this link, http://www.spyderpops.com/3.html. It will take you to his instruction page. Just click on the items you wish to install.
    Good luck, and, alway have fun doing it.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

kb,
    Surely you can't be worse than I am! I've regressed to the point where even opening up a jar of Peanut Butter can and often will draw blood.
    So some advice from the "Wrenches for Dummies" section: Get your instructions, read, re-read, re-re-read them and then call the folks who buit what you're adding if anything else lingers as an issue...
    Good luck and please let us know how the project works out!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1VENOM View Post
    Go to SpyderPops by clicking on this link, http://www.spyderpops.com/3.html. It will take you to his instruction page. Just click on the items you wish to install.
    Good luck, and, alway have fun doing it.
    Sadly, I have read them and re-read them. They start off with remove xyz part, but don't show you how and the end with don't forget to remove the panel underneath again don't illustrate how to do it. So I await the charity of others, because I truly want to install this great product and for once I want to do it myself instead of paying someone to do it for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think my brain is getting soft today...
    Exactly which piece are you trying to install?
    I haven't bought anything from them yet, but that "Possum Pusher" has real potential...
    I have removed a lot of the bodywork though, so perhaps between the two of us...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

sounds like the heat sheild so your feet dont burn up in the heat while you got them proped up on the hwy pegs..right? i just bought mine waiting for it to come in the mail so please give up the details once you've done it.
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I think my brain is getting soft today...
    Exactly which piece are you trying to install?
    I haven't bought anything from them yet, but that "Possum Pusher" has real potential...
    I have removed a lot of the bodywork though, so perhaps between the two of us...
    I want to install the heat shield that protects the drivers foot. Interesting enough, first piece of plastic is the first stumper. I watched lamonsters great video but that is not part of it.

Spyder Garage

Sounds to me like you should purchase the shop manual for your specific roadster. You can pick up a PDF one cheaply from eBay.

It will explain the process of removing certain sections. Putting all these documents together should give you what you are looking for if the vendor does not supply instructions to your specific detail.

David
    McKinney, TX
    David
    McKinney, TX

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

I sent you a PM with my #, I have the manual on CD & should be able to talk you thru what you need to know

SpyderLovers Sponsor SPYDERPOPS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kbfk View Post
    I want to install the heat shield that protects the drivers foot. Interesting enough, first piece of plastic is the first stumper. I watched lamonsters great video but that is not part of it.
    I will have an RT in my shop in just a little bit and we will take some pictures of how to remove the cover and how to remove the floor pan. I'm sorry that we didn't explain this better and will also update the instructions.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, the SPY111 LaBloc (Radiator Block off Plate) is a great place to start on a long journey of doing it yourself.

Harvey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERPOPS View Post
    I will have an RT in my shop in just a little bit and we will take some pictures of how to remove the cover and how to remove the floor pan. I'm sorry that we didn't explain this better and will also update the instructions.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, the SPY111 LaBloc (Radiator Block off Plate) is a great place to start on a long journey of doing it yourself.

Harvey
    You can also call us at 501-760-1234 and I will be very happy to walk you through any install that you wish to attempt.

Harvey

Spyder Garage

You can also call us at 501-760-1234 and I will be very happy to walk you through any install that you wish to attempt.

Harvey
    Thank you for the help and the new future photos. I just placed my order. Fyi, is there a way to upgrade the shipping to next day?

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the help and the new future photos. I just placed my order. Fyi, is there a way to upgrade the shipping to next day?
    I sent you an email!

Spyder Garage

Default RADIATOR BLOCK-OFF PLATE SUPPLEMENT

TO ANSWER MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT INSTALLING THE RADIATOR BLOCK-OFF I HAVE CREATED
    A SUPPLEMENT TO THE INSTRUCTIONS. NOT EVERYONE HAS VENTURED INTO TAKING OFF BODY
    PANELS SO THIS SHOULD HELP THEM. GO TO http://spyderpops.com/resources/BLOC...SUPPLEMENT.pdf FOR THE NEW
    SUPPLEMENT.

THANKS,
    HARVEY
    Last edited by SPYDERPOPS; 03-16-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default R T FOLKS

One of you r t folks should do some great videos, like arntufun did for the r s
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

TO ANSWER MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT INSTALLING THE RADIATOR BLOCK-OFF I HAVE CREATED
    A SUPPLEMENT TO THE INSTRUCTIONS. NOT EVERYONE HAS VENTURED INTO TAKING OFF BODY
    PANELS SO THIS SHOULD HELP THEM. GO TO http://spyderpops.com/resources/BLOC...SUPPLEMENT.pdf FOR THE NEW
    SUPPLEMENT.

THANKS,
    HARVEY
    Harvey,

The supplement pictures is a great help. I'm pretty sure I can pull of this install now.
    Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Harvey,

The supplement pictures is a great help. I'm pretty sure I can pull of this install now.
    Thank you.

Yeah!! that did it. I was able to get the foot well heat block installed. Score one for the mechanically inept. Now for the passenger heat shield.

Spyder Garage

Default Need help with install also

I too would like more details on the install of this diverter. The link posted is broken. Can anyone supply pics or better details to the lower panel that needs to be removed in the instructions of SPY111 I have a 2011 Spyder RTS
    This link is the broken one. http://spyderpops.com/resources/BLOC...SUPPLEMENT.pdf

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown