Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Well Wishes

I'm pleased to see Weave2U is okay and the Spyder may be road-worthy again. Unfortunately the molecule brain who hit him is probably blaming those nasty bikers. I was curious ... What was her interaction with you, Weave, after she hit you? Did she stay with you, was she concerned? Did she assist with contacting the police/EMTs?

MSF teaches us to do it ... and I'm sure most of us do. At every intersection or side-street entry I cross, I automatically assume whoever's there is going to make it is/her mission to do the wrong thing ... whether a left turn in front of me, crossing the intersection, or pulling out from my right. I just know they're going to do it ... Did I say I just know they will? We have to take responsibility for ourselves and everyone else sharing or wanting the road we're on. It reminds me of when I was in Iraq. On the road, beyond simple traffic accidents, we had to swerve as we moved under overpasses and sky walks because we 'just knew' someone was on top of it ready to shoot at us or drop an explosive. I slow up, brace and prepare to react at every intersection; actually, whenever I see the front or side view of a bumper. ... Oh, and then there are the crazies behind us. I perversely await the day when I can shove someones cell phone down his/her throat, then tuck their face into their lower lip.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you got through it. Spyder can be fixed or replaced.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your ok ... Get well

Custom stock height carbon fiber wind screen
    Lamonster " custom" Spyder trunk decal
    Tricled Super white mini bulbs
    Tricled Cat eyes
    Spyderpops missing belt guard
    Custom Spyder Decals
    Carbon wheels
    PHANTOM * many other mods done *
    *Member of the Woodstock spyder ryders *

Spyder Garage

So glad you are ok and it fairly good spirits. As one who survived a Goldwing being bent in half beneath me, I know of what could be going through your mind. Please try to get on a Spyder again as soon as you are able to know that your confidence is still with you.

Be Safe
    AC
    2014 RT S SE-6 Cognac, 2014 Indian Chieftain. Retired Navy Chief

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're ok!

Spyder Garage

Default accident

When I took the motorcycle safety course many years back the first video shown was of flat track and motocross bikes. After a short introduction the instructor said and I quote. " The only thing more dangerous than racing motorcycles is riding them on the public streets" That thought has stuck with me all these years. Glad you are still around to tell us your experiences. Wishes for a speedy recovery and many more years of riding freedom.

Spyder Garage

Glad your OK- Smart to wear the gear! Thats why I call it "Escape and Evasion?"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Glad you are ok. Spyder can be fixed or replaced but you cannot. Be safe.

Spyder Garage

Soooooo glad that you are ok!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post Thank you for sharing your experience & glad your ok

Hope they get your Spyder either fixed or replaced sooner rather than later

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry to here of your accident, however you being ok is the only thing that matters. Youcan always get a new Spyder.

Hawk Eye

Spyder Garage

I too am sorry and can relate. Two weeks ago this past Wednesday I was proceeding (on a light that had just turned green) through an intersection and had made it about 3/4's of the way through when a motorist ran her red light and struck me on the right passenger side of my spyder. She was doing about 45 to 50 mph from one witness. One witness described the impact as the back wheel coming up off the ground and throwing the spyder against a truck that was on the other side of the intersection waiting to turn left. I'm okay. (broken ribs, right shoulder rotator cuff torn all to hell and bruises all over) Spyder is totalled. I'm assembling my costs, etc., to attempt settlement with insurance.

I truly believe had I been on a two wheel that I wouldn't be posting this comment at this time. I also believe that had my wife been a passenger, she wouldn't be here either.

Really glad you are okay and know very well what you've experienced.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Wow! Praying for a quick recovery. But I'm surprised your sharks teeth didn't scare them off before the impact. Seriously really glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were.

And Mouthpiece....Sorry to hear about your accident, too. What a scary time you had. You are also in our prayers.

I agree with all the previous messages about being a total defensive rider. Like it has already been said "ride like everybody is out to get you" and hopefully we won't be reading about any more serious accidents from our Spyderlovers community.
    Last edited by pastorchuck; 02-25-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your accident but extremly happy that you are OK. I hope that you will be on the road soon.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your ok. I never got hit by a car, but run off the road twice. That's in 47 years of riding. That's why I wear good riding gear, helps stop road rash and breakage.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD1 View Post
    You say first like there will be a second...let's pray that's not the case! What protective gear were you wearing?

Good point...LOL!! I certainly don't want a repeat performance. I was wearing a Scorpion jacket with all the armor points in position, a full-face helmet, and mesh motorcycle gloves. None of the equipment was damaged in the accident, just like the wearer
    I don't consider myself a Spyder Ryder, I consider myself a Spyder Pylot!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I too am sorry and can relate. Two weeks ago this past Wednesday I was proceeding (on a light that had just turned green) through an intersection and had made it about 3/4's of the way through when a motorist ran her red light and struck me on the right passenger side of my spyder. She was doing about 45 to 50 mph from one witness. One witness described the impact as the back wheel coming up off the ground and throwing the spyder against a truck that was on the other side of the intersection waiting to turn left. I'm okay. (broken ribs, right shoulder rotator cuff torn all to hell and bruises all over) Spyder is totalled. I'm assembling my costs, etc., to attempt settlement with insurance.

I truly believe had I been on a two wheel that I wouldn't be posting this comment at this time. I also believe that had my wife been a passenger, she wouldn't be here either.

Really glad you are okay and know very well what you've experienced.

Chris

So happy to hear you survived with only a few injuries. Everyone is telling me I shouldn't get another MC, and that they're dangerous. My take is that the MC isn't as dangerous as the drivers around us. Hope it all works out well for you bro... praise God you're wife wasn't with you and that you will recover.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    I'm pleased to see Weave2U is okay and the Spyder may be road-worthy again. Unfortunately the molecule brain who hit him is probably blaming those nasty bikers. I was curious ... What was her interaction with you, Weave, after she hit you? Did she stay with you, was she concerned? Did she assist with contacting the police/EMTs?

MSF teaches us to do it ... and I'm sure most of us do. At every intersection or side-street entry I cross, I automatically assume whoever's there is going to make it is/her mission to do the wrong thing ... whether a left turn in front of me, crossing the intersection, or pulling out from my right. I just know they're going to do it ... Did I say I just know they will? We have to take responsibility for ourselves and everyone else sharing or wanting the road we're on. It reminds me of when I was in Iraq. On the road, beyond simple traffic accidents, we had to swerve as we moved under overpasses and sky walks because we 'just knew' someone was on top of it ready to shoot at us or drop an explosive. I slow up, brace and prepare to react at every intersection; actually, whenever I see the front or side view of a bumper. ... Oh, and then there are the crazies behind us. I perversely await the day when I can shove someones cell phone down his/her throat, then tuck their face into their lower lip.
    The lady was probably 19 or 20. She was totally hysterical and others on the scene, as well as myself, tried our best to calm her down. She was VERY apologetic and just kept hugging me and apologizing and crying. She claims she didn't see me. I always anticipate problems at intersections, but the truth is, I couldn't hit the "Nitro" button, or press a magic button to let me fly to safety...LOL...she shot across the intersection so fast that all I could do was lay on the brakes and try to steer toward the same direction she was going to avoid her. Unfortunately, in every situation that can occur is a point of no return in which there is very little you can do to mitigate a bad outcome. Awareness is definitely of primary importance when we travel around, but even awareness can't always allow you to avoid the unavoidable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Weave2u View Post
    So happy to hear you survived with only a few injuries. Everyone is telling me I shouldn't get another MC, and that they're dangerous. My take is that the MC isn't as dangerous as the drivers around us. Hope it all works out well for you bro... praise God you're wife wasn't with you and that you will recover.
    My dilemma is not so much me on whether I'll be riding again. If it were solely up to me, I'd be riding right now. However, I'm pretty banged up. It's my wife where I will have the problem. Although she wasn't on it when my accident happened, I fear she is vehemently against me riding again.

I may need some help from other members who have been confronted with this situation.

Chris

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The more Spyders that hit the road and the more miles we log, the more exposure we'll have to getting caught in accidents. I'd be curious to know how many of us have "had one", how did we fare, and do we think that it might have been worse if we didn't have that third wheel...
    Any volunteers?

In my accident: I T-Boned a Subaru... The bike and I both stayed upright and I know that I'd have been on the ground if I had been on 2 wheels!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I've read all of this but,

No one has mentioned the one thing everybody does before impact, you grit your teeth and in your head you say something. I remember perfectly when I had a motorist pull out in front of me and me and my Goldwing proceeded to lock up the brakes, nose dive and leave the motorcycle for the hood of the car, but as i was flying I can remember saying and I quote " OH GOD THIS IS GONNA HURT" and believe me it did!

So glad to hear so many survive these accidents , good luck with your Insurance company and remember this, they will only give you what they THINK they can get away with,( what you deserve is so much more!!!).

Ryde on

Spyder Garage

So glad you are okay. Hope you get back on the road soon. Don't let the insurance company take advantage of you. When John hit a dear and the insurance sent an adjuster he had NO idea how to access damage. Luckily he accepted what Cowtown told him.

I learned a long time ago to watch the "wheels" of cars at cross roads. One can easily see they are moving by watching the wheels rather than the car. If they are even moving a smidgen I make sure I know my avoidance manuver and I hit my horn several times.

SpyderLady

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

no matter how long you've ridden, or what... it's bound to happen. I've been in 9, over a 45 yr period and watching out for the " others " is something you have to do.

the MSF beginners course teaches you a LOT of good habits on how to anticipate and spot hazards. it's saved my butt MANY a time. just glad you're around to recover

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Wow. I an glad to hear Weave2U is OK as well. Hope to hear that you are riding again soon

And Chris (Mouthpiece) I am not sure how I missed reading about your accident,,, but I did somehow. Glad you made it thru OK also.

Take care guys. Hope you are both riding your Spyders again very soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kmort44 View Post
    No one has mentioned the one thing everybody does before impact, you grit your teeth and in your head you say something. I remember perfectly when I had a motorist pull out in front of me and me and my Goldwing proceeded to lock up the brakes, nose dive and leave the motorcycle for the hood of the car, but as i was flying I can remember saying and I quote " OH GOD THIS IS GONNA HURT" and believe me it did!
    That split socond between when you realize that it's gonna get ugly, and when it actually does; nobody ever says anything that they want to see printed on the front page...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black