Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder to the Big Island

Now on the mainland picking up my Spyder for shipment to Kau in March. Yes...I am concerned regarding service for anything serious...but the ride will be worth it.
    Kauboy

Spyder Garage

Awesomeness! Been years since I've been to the Big Island--- circumventing it on the Spyder would be amazing. Have fun and post pics!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Great. Keep us posted. There are lots of great places to ride. Loved the volcanos, the "farm" country, and even the bar at the most southerly location in America.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Congrats & Welcome to the SpyderHood

&

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Would love to see some pics with the Spyder there

Spyder Garage

A question to ponder.

Which one of us is going to move to the Hawaiian islands, Open up a dealership and rental agency, service all the main islands with rental 's for the tourists, and sell 's to the locals. A couple million or so for start up costs and away we go.

How's this for an interesting vibe: As I finished typing this post, the Hawaiian Wedding song came on the radio. Sorry, I listen to an oldies station on my radio.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 02-23-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Not to deviate from the shared happiness, but one question: is this Spyder being shipped to Hawaii for a long vacation/extended stay, or is it really going to be based there full-time?

Because yeah, I'd too would be concerned about servicing the Spyder. I mean, there's a literal ocean separating you from a BUDS hookup.

And as even Lamont can tell you thanks to his BRP mechanics course, even the best motorcycle mechanic can get stumped by the requirements of fixing the items most unique to the Spyder. Put a couple thousands of miles of water between you and the nearest dealer...

More power to ya, can't wait to see the pics, but... yeesh, you are a braver soul than I
    Silver 2010 RS SE5: Triple Play, Taillight, Brightsides, Fender Tips, Easy Risers; Evo Sway Bar; Airhawk R & Beadrider; latch springs; Grab-On grips; Crampbuster; 24" Madstad smoke windshield & deflectors; N-R round bag & soft saddlebags; BRP handlebar bag; Throttlemeister; Spyderpops Missing Air Dam & Air Mgmt System; Rivco driver & passenger boards & pegs; ISCI parking brake extension; Ultimate Midrider Seat w/both backrests, Fox Racing Shocks, Yoshi R-77 exhaust and a whole lotta love!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder will be full time Haole.

Quote Originally Posted by daveinva View Post
    Not to deviate from the shared happiness, but one question: is this Spyder being shipped to Hawaii for a long vacation/extended stay, or is it really going to be based there full-time?

Because yeah, I'd too would be concerned about servicing the Spyder. I mean, there's a literal ocean separating you from a BUDS hookup.

And as even Lamont can tell you thanks to his BRP mechanics course, even the best motorcycle mechanic can get stumped by the requirements of fixing the items most unique to the Spyder. Put a couple thousands of miles of water between you and the nearest dealer...

More power to ya, can't wait to see the pics, but... yeesh, you are a braver soul than I
    We will be there at least 6 months of the year. We are growing Dragon Fruit at 3,000 feet on the side of Mauna Loa, approx. 50 miles South of Kona. Pics after March.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    A question to ponder.

Which one of us is going to move to the Hawaiian islands, Open up a dealership and rental agency, service all the main islands with rental 's for the tourists, and sell 's to the locals. A couple million or so for start up costs and away we go.

How's this for an interesting vibe: As I finished typing this post, the Hawaiian Wedding song came on the radio. Sorry, I listen to an oldies station on my radio.

Aloha,
    I am from Kailua on Oahu and just returned from being there for a week. I too while there was saying the same thing but location and
    maintance would be an issue. Then there is the inter-island shipping on Young Bros. and the extra expense. Since I just got back yesterday I haven't had chance to try and figure out a business plan but will. I also lived in Kona for 6 yr and know that HD and Honda would have a fit. I think it's doable, will stay in touch.
    Kirby Read kread13@gmail.com

Spyder Garage

I go to the big island of Hawaii often. Ispent five weeks in Kona over Christmas and New Years. I always thought it would be great to have the Spyder there. Tell us about the shipping experience.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a Spyder rental place on Maui. How do they get service?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KAUBOY View Post
    We will be there at least 6 months of the year. We are growing Dragon Fruit at 3,000 feet on the side of Mauna Loa, approx. 50 miles South of Kona. Pics after March.
    I can only imagine how great the ride on Mamalahoa Highway wild be on a Spyder . . . And the Saddle Road, late at night, with all the stars! Awesome!

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

The rental Spyders in Hawaii clearly get serious workouts. My buddy said he rode 125 miles of the most vicious curves he could imagine. With the treatment rental products get there has to be maintenance available
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

There's a Spyder rental place on Maui. How do they get service?
    Some of this thread goes back to 2012.

Current: 2014

Update on the latest that I know:

Our friend Rando, who went to Maui within the last 6 months, said that Maui Scooter was no longer renting the Spyder. The reason given was they are to difficult to service.

I rented one from them a year ago August, and it was in pretty tough shape--but I liked it anyway. The Hana Highway was the perfect all day ride.

I have been unable to find Spyder rentals on any of the other Islands--but have not looked in the last 6 months.

I did see one other private use Spyder while I was on Maui.

HD and mini scooters seem to be the big rentals in Hawaii.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-29-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red