Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Oh what a GREAT ryde today

IMG_20120520_173422.jpgIMG_20120520_152136.jpgIMG_20120520_173430.jpgIMG_20120520_160729.jpgIMG_20120520_160721.jpg

Started as a meet n greet & turned into a ryde event with a new couple (Larry & Terry) on a sweet look'n blue RS Coz got a call from his seat guy, said it was done & ready for him to pick up, so Coz had to take off leaving Jesse & the new couple along with Teddy & I. I asked if they'd like to take a nice ryde & they were ALL for it, but Jesse told us to go ahead, as he had just eaten & with the hot sun, he just wasn't up for a long run so it was just Teds Red Sled along with the blue RS Since Terry & Larry hadn't been out to Rabbit Hash, & they were all for country roads & twisties we just had to make another Rabbit Run, & off we went. Once we got in my neighborhood, we made a quick pit-stop at my neighbors house as its a bit of a tourist attraction, since it is a UFO house. I was correct in thinking they had no clue about it, so it was neat for them to see it. From there, we went up the hill to the Overlook at Devou Park, wich is at the top of the hill above where Teddys condo sits down off the river & the overlook has an Awesome river & Skyline City view, best around After that, we headed thru the parks golf course and made it back down to route 8 which runs right along the river. Fun Fun Fun We followed that road all the way out til it dead ends the started heading back up the hills til we got out in the country again & on our way to Rabbit Hash. Seems Teddy already has a following out there, as this was our second trip out & many of the same bikers were there from our last visit & everyone was very happy to see him again, especially the one really drunk hot chick Terry & Larry got to experience Teddys STAR Power first hand, with so many of the (especially) female bikers requesting pics of tge lil guy. Its kinda funny, as we usually get the same questions over & over again & I had to chuckle to myself when Terry had heard my same speal over & over again & she started saying it herself He's got another one trained We had a great visit out to Rabbit Hash & got a good laugh out of the guy who got his backhoe stuck in a sand bar out in the river & kept sinking further & further while a pick up with a rope attatched was trying to pull him outbut couldn't After that, we headed out to another new biker haven I had found last week called something like Annes Saddlebad, kinda like Rabbit Hash, out in the middle of nowhere with awesome roads to get there and right along the river, but their they have a full home cooked restaurant, petting zoo, farm & even a wine tasting "hut" GOOD TIMES After our visit there, we headed back to civilation as it was starting to get late, but we had a GREAT TIME
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 05-20-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Time for a short road-trip to help out a fellow SpyderLover-YAY! We get to go trip'n

Had a call from fellow SpyderLover UKGene, who lives about 80 some odd miles away down in Midway KY, yesterday & the conversation turned to oil changes & DIY, which Teddy & I were suppose to do yesterday on his Red Sled. But wouldn't you know it, we ended upo ryding all day, not that I'm complaining, mind you. Gene had mentioned that he had everything for the DIY Oil Change, thanks to the Great Service from BajaRon, but he wasn't sure what tools were needed & was curious if I knew where he could find a step by step "How-To" for the DIY Oil Change here on SpyderLovers. Yup, sure do, Lamont among a few others have it posted under the DIY section, but seeing as this would be his first DIY oil change, & Teds Red Sled needed his done again, hey, why not make it a DIY Oil Change Party Any reason for a road-trip is a good reason for a road-trip. Gosh, I miss trip'n so bad, especially our anual pilgrimage back home to SpyderFest where Teds Red Sled originally hails from. Anyways, got to talking a bit more with Gene, making sure he's got all the needed supplies & found he didn't have a Spyder lift, so no worries, we'll hook up the camper & we'll bring ours along for the ryde, like a Real Road-Trip, camper and all.

I realize y'all must think I'm crazy, & no-one would fault you for that, myself included. One mans crazy is another mans therapy, is the way I look at it. And road-trip'n with Teddy & the Spyder is the BEST therapy this man can get. And hey, if we can help out a Fellow SpyderLovers family member in the process, really, what could be better than that?

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spyder experience transfers over - who woulda thunk it???

This is just a quick little example that just happened that I thought I'd share with y'all

Ok, so my buddy & I took his Ford Escape out at lunch (He refuses to ryde b*tch on Teds Red Sled) & we had to do a quick bank stop before hitting the drivethru at Toxic Hell (Taco Bell) We finish with the bank run, get out to his Escape and nadda, no door chime no power no nothing. OH SHT!!! He's got a meeting to get back to in 30 minutes & I've gotta get back to my department. No worries, dead battery, he had to charge it earlier in the week, must have gone dead again But I've got AAA so I made a quick call to them for RoadSide Assistance. While I'm on hold, I tell him, "You know, if this were a Spyder, I'd tell you to check your battery connections for corrosion & to make sure their nice & tight." While I'm still on the phone with AAA, he goes out & pops the hood, and what do ya know, Loose battery connection Grab some gloves and channel locks & a tightening we will go Sure enough, that was the issue, got them nice & tight, and WHALHA!!! POWER!!! Just thought it kind of neat that the experience I've garnered from this forum over the years, not only in this example, but many others as well, has helped out in many other areas of my own lyfe, besides just Spyderdom Hats off to ALL of you that contribute to this site, YOU ALL make it what it is

Spyder Garage

Cool Oh yeah, almost forgot this lil tid-bit from our ryde with Terry & Larry yesterday

When we got ready to leave Janes SaddleBag, Terry & Larry had went ahead of us to their RS while Teddy & I got stopped by a lady biker (on an actual road bike, like 10 speed) sitting on a bench out front, who had stopped by Janes SaddleBag for a little break. She was just enamored by Teddy, continually petting & stroking him and playing with his Viper Red Mowhawk, when out of the blue came the comment, "Wow, what a chick magnet he must be for you, I bet he gets you lots of action?" Seriously, and this coming from what I'm guessing is a 50-60s year old lady I just laughed as we took our leave, and thought to myself, "Now thats four times that women have actually asked me how much the Spyder & Teddy get me action!" IT IS A GOOD LYFE Have I said how much I LOVE Teds Red Sled & Teddy lately?

zrc

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    When we got ready to leave Janes SaddleBag, Terry & Larry had went ahead of us to their RS while Teddy & I got stopped by a lady biker (on an actual road bike, like 10 speed) sitting on a bench out front, who had stopped by Janes SaddleBag for a little break. She was just enamored by Teddy, continually petting & stroking him and playing with his Viper Red Mowhawk, when out of the blue came the comment, "Wow, what a chick magnet he must be for you, I bet he gets you lots of action?" Seriously, and this coming from what I'm guessing is a 50-60s year old lady I just laughed as we took our leave, and thought to myself, "Now thats four times that women have actually asked me how much the Spyder & Teddy get me action!" IT IS A GOOD LYFE Have I said how much I LOVE Teds Red Sled & Teddy lately?

Note to Dave: All 4 of them were hitting on you. So if she didnt stop by your place on her evening ride, you're doing it wrong.

Spyder Garage

Cool No doubt my friend, no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by zrc View Post
    Note to Dave: All 4 of them were hitting on you. So if she didnt stop by your place on her evening ride, you're doing it wrong.
    Besides Bob, I think I create new ways to "do it wrong"

zrc

Sometimes in reference to these particular matters, what one person says is "doing it wrong" is pretty fun!

Wait you ment on the picking up the ladies, I thought you meant... Nevermind I'm gonna exit stage left...

Spyder Garage

Default cracked

dude, you crack me up everybody's a wise guy today
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Question Quick post to let UKGene know that Teddy & I made it home just fine

What is it about a Road-Trip that just sooths a persons soul? Is it the promise of unknown adventures to be had? New discoveries & experiences we've yet to enjoy, just waiting for us to claim? Or is it more basic, breaking up our usual routine, seeing as we humans ARE creatures of habbit.

Spyder Garage

Cool Teddy (lil Stinker) & I had our first Mini-Road-Trip since my back surgery- YAY!!!

Was up at 4:30am to get ready for work at 6am & all day long, I was looking forward to gearing up the Tedster, packing the camper with our needed supplies and hitting the open road. Since we had to miss SpyderFest this year, I've really been "Jones'n" for my trip-fix and even tho this one was less than 200 miles, it gave me the satisfaction that I've been desiring so bad.

When I got home from work, we were having spotty thunderstorms in my area, so I thought it best to hold off for a while and take a nap & let them blow over before we headed out, and that's what I did. Gene called about 5pm & let me know that the weather was all clear down his way, and that he'd be putting the fish on to fry soon, so as soon as our stuff blew over, we headed out with camper loaded with the Spyder-Lift & other tools we might need to do Genes 1st DIY Oil Change.

Since I left later than planned, we took I75 the entire way down, even tho I would've loved to take the backroads for the entire trip.

Work*Work*Work*TBC....

zrc

Dude, I am a cool 320 miles south of Cincy, you are always welcome to kick it here. Also, while I am sure you and teddy have done the Dragon, if you haven't I am sure he would demand you get him a patch for his jacket. I am less than an hour from 129 if you go straight there, I usually wander around and see other stuff on the way.

Anywho, if you ever wanna roll like that, just holla.

Spyder Garage

Cool Teddy (lil Stinker) & I had our first Mini-Road-Trip -Part II

So yeah, we took the highway all the way there & even though it wasn't as nice as the great Kentucky backroads, there sure was much to witness & make me feel glad to be alive. The country scenery was just marvelous, so lush, gree & vibrant & the sun stayed behind the clouds, peeking and throwing streams of rays cascading over the beautiful lanscape before us. I missed that so much. I remember thinking, as I was ryding with Teddy right at my back, you know what, this is more than just my therapy, THIS IS MY RELIGION! Everything good about lyfe sprawed out in front of you, the landscape, the clouds, the life & the humanity all present to entice you in every way. Nature at its finest.

Once we took the exit off the highway, we started making our way through Georgetown, and this was our first visit, & certainly WON'T be our last. Such a stately little town, reminicent of an upscale Mayberry where I thought I was gonna see Aunt Bee out on a corner selling fresh baked apple pies. So different than the city lyfe that Teddy & I are accustomed to, to say the least.

Once out of town, we came through an area of horse ranches for retired thoughobreds, and my jaw litteraly droped at the scene before me. Truly breathtaking. I remember being in2nd or 3rd grade in Catholic school, and we had bibles in picture book form, and what I was seeing reminded of many of the pictures from the Bible, talking about Eden and Heaven. I so wish I had stopped and taken pics, but that will definately happen at a later date, trust me.

Dang Nabit, I'm glad to be back at work, but it keeps getting in the way of my writing - LOL
    TBC once again .....................................

Spyder Garage

Angry lil stinker road trip Part IV

Teddy's GPS soon alerted us that Gene's street was fast approaching and as soon as I made the turn, I knew we were in the correct place, cause the bright lights of Gene's RT with Gene in saddle were at the front of his driveway, just waiting for us. He motioned for us to proceed down the driveway to his awaiting garage, open & inviting.

I'm not going to get into all the details here, but I will say, dinner was first on the agenda and what a fine home cooked fish dinner that he & his wife prepared for us, Thank You Both so much Teddy even had his own bowl full of baked french fries (his favorite) along with hand breaded fish, think he had a total of 4 helpings & Gene's wife commented, "I think he's eating more than you" with a laugh.

After dinner and chatting about Spyders and SpyderLovers.com (you know your talked about, right) we changed clothes (I had brought an old pair of work coveralls) & we proceeded to the garage for Gene's first ever DIY oil change. I'm not sure if you all know how valuable of a resource Lamont has created here, with ALL OF OUR INPUT, but without SpyderLovers.com, this never would have happened. Point being, Gene brought his wireless network to the garage & I was able too pull up on my Galaxy Tab the DIY Step by Step directions that Lamont has posted in the DIY section of this forum. Its invaluable (at least for me) to not only have the written directions, but also picture by picture instructions to go by, especially when helping to teach someone else who has never done it before. Its so easy, to get ahead of yourself or forget a particular step when going from memory, at least for me, cause besides Bob Denman, I'm not sure there's a more memory challenged person out there Luv U Bob So, step by step we went, with a couple choice words & misteps here & there (hey, if you've done this, you understand) cause the Spyder makes for rather cramped working conditions to say the least

As we worked away, I allowed Teddy free reign (with Genes approval of course) of our hosts many acres of beautiful property. You'd think I'd learn, but it would seem I'm a little slow in that deprtment cause as the sun started to set, I began to worry about possible preditors that might make Teddy into a nice snack, so I called for him to return, but with no reaction, I couldn't hear or see him anywhere & he usually comes right away when called. I got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, cause this wasn't like him. The only times in the past that he wouldn't return, were if he couldn't for some reason, or if he was preoccupied rolling in dead muskrat like a couple of weeks ago when we were visiting the Middletown dealership So after about 5 minutes of calling and looking, I finally catch a glimps of him running toward me from the open field, YAY!!! He's OK

But, my happiness was short lived, cause when he got within 5 feet of me, I wanted to gag SON OF A BH if he didn't do it again The stentch was so overwhelming I was litterally dry heaving when I picked him up & quickly put him right back down. Gene was still in the garage, so he wasn't aware at this time, but soon got a whiff, first hand of the horrid stentch. And just as before, Teddy was SO HAPPY of himself, bright eyed & wag'n tail, as if I had a treat waiting for him like he had done the BEST thing possible

So anyways, he's ok, so back to the oil change on Gene's RT. I get on the garage floor, under the RT with Gene, and wouldn't you know it, Teddy gets right on top of my belly & proceedes to take a nap, right there on top of me smelling like a dead varmit I'm pretty sure Gene got a kick out of it me on the other hand, not so much I was just glad I was wearing old coveralls that I could throw in the trash although I did try pushing him off me a couple of times, just for him to return
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 05-23-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

Exclamation lil stinker road trip Part V

Gene made the comment, "That lil guy sure does love you." Which is mutual, but right then, I was thinking, Yeah, Lucky me It was getting late, almost 11pm, and we had everything done & buttoned up, leaving off the bottom plastic peice to make the next oil change a little faster & much easier Next step was to fill with fresh "liquid gold" but ....... Oppppppsssssss, I opened my mouthWe don't need to start another debate here on oil, there's dozens of threads already out there for that, this is solely my opinion people, ok? Anyways, when I looked in his bag for oil, all I saw was the black BRP semi-synthetic oil, and my enthusiasm dropped, as I said, "Oh, your really going to use this?" I didn't mean for it to sound like I said it, but it came out rather negative & Gene proceeded to tell me that he got his oil change kit from his dealer "OH?" I commented. Sometimes I don't realize how abrasive I can come off to others

***LET ME STATE RIGHT HERE, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH USING DEALER/BRP PROVIDED OIL OR KITS, THEY OBVIOUSLY MEET ALL OF BRP'S SPECS. NUFF SAID***

Gene asked me what the problem was, and I explained, no problem really. Just when I'm doing my own work (oil changes) I use the BEST product that I can afford & for that reason, I get ALL my oil change kits from BajaRon as he includes everything needed & I personally only use Full Synthetic oil for Teds Red Sled, but that there's nothing wrong with the Semi-Synthetic oil from BRP. At this, Gene said it was late & that we didn't need to go any further & that he could finish up & he didn't want to keep us out so late, since we still had an almost 2 hour ryde home & I had to be at work at 6am the next morning. I personally didn't mind & didn't want to leave a job half finished (although Gene did almost all of it himself, I just coached & guided for the most part) but then he told me, "You know, your right about the oil and I'd rather go and get full synthetic tomorrow & finish it up." Which I totally understood.

We said our good byes and headed home, leaving Gene to finish on his own. Once home, I decided to just throw Teddy into the shower with me, cause there was no way he was sleeping in the same bed as me, like usual

Sure enough & thankfully, one shower with his special shampoo & conditioner & thank god the stetch of dead varmit was goneYAY!!! And about 2am, we finally got to bed, only for me to awake 2 & 1/2 hrs later to get up for work. It was a long day yesterday, as I was just drag'n along. But you know what, I'm SO glad & thankful that we had the opportunity for a nice little road trip, but more than that, that we could help out a friend, a fellow SpyderLovers family member. Told ya, its good for the soul.

dav n ted~
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 05-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up OK, working on doing our own Oil change on Teds Red Sled tonight.

Was going to do it yesterday, but after work, was just wiped out from the events of the prior day. We're both feeling much more energized tonight & time to get'r done

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder-lift???

What kind of lift do you have that is small enough to carry with you? Pictures?
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up $100 at Harbor Freight - Does the job

Quote Originally Posted by kinggeek View Post
    What kind of lift do you have that is small enough to carry with you? Pictures?
    http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb...lift-2792.html

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up My fellow Spyder Ryde'n co-worker was waiting at the gate for me this morning

IMG_20120524_062020.jpgIMG_20120524_062027.jpgHe's got that purty white Limited with the tan seat, sure is a Sweet look'n machine. I normally never get to see the owner, as he works mid-nights & I work days, but he was waiting at the gate for me this morning. Just to say hi mostly, & bs a bit. He was really impressed with the glo-ryders on Teds Red Sled, said he could see me coming from the other end of the lot, which is about a 1/2 mile away. I told him to get onto the SL site & on the home page is the supporting vendors & to click on GloRyders, many different style caps & colors for him to choose from. I couldn't chat long, or I'd be late getting to my department, but was good to finally see HIM again, & not just his SpyderIMG_20120524_062036.jpgIMG_20120524_062121.jpg

Spyder Garage

Post Review of the Garmin Zumo 665 GPS-Posted this in another thread, thought I'd share

The Garmin Zumo 665 was and is the very first GPS unit that I've ever had experience with, minus using the Nav app. on my Droid for the previous 2 years. The Droid actually worked very well, got Teddy & I all the way to Florida & back, to Cowtown once but died on our trip back from SpyderFest 2011. Since the phone wasn't water-proof I put it in a ziplock baggy with a rubber-band around it & that worked pretty well. On the trip back from SF'11, it was a heavy downpour & I thought I should be safe, and sealed the ziplock baggy causing heat & condensation to build up with no where to escape & killing the phone Lesson learnedHence the purchase of the Zumo 665 that is weather resistant & made for MC travel.

At first, I hated it cause I didn't have the XM subsription with Nav Weather & Nav Traffic, just using the GPS by itself. The User Interface (pushing the buttons) isn't nearly as sensitive as my Droids, so that took some getting used to. I wish the overall size of the unit was a little larger, that way you could have larger keys to tap, all on one screen. You can increase key size, but then you have to go thru multiple pages of keys & that takes more time.

I have since added the XM subscription & really like the Nav Weather Alerts & the Nav Traffic Alerts as they work pretty well and are useful on daily rydes, when just cruising around, with no destination set, they will still alert you if there is Incliment Weather within like 50 miles of your current location or if the road/highway your currently ryding on has a traffic backup or delay, nice features but only with the XM subscription.

As for the XM music itself, I rarely use it, except for slow rydes. Not sure if I wired something incorrectly or what the reason is, but it seems the Volume when listening to XM music is about 1/2 that of all the rest of the audio output & at highway speeds, I can barely hear it. And yes, I've double checked ALL of the audio output settings (on GPS & RT) to make sure they are ALL at MAX & they are. I'm pretty sure the 660 & 665 are the same machines with the 665 having the added XM capability & antanae disc included. Not sure if there are other differences or not. We mounted the antanae on the upper right hand side wind deflector that sits directly behind the windshield, and found that is a good out of the way place for it, and we DO get pretty good reception, minus the usual caveats of bridges, overpasses and tree covered roads.

Due to my volume issue with XM Music, we mostly use the MP3 feature of the 665 & listen to my tunes that way, no need to carry or store an Ipod with all my files on the 665, very convenient.

It also has a picture viewer & audio books source that you can upload onto & listen or view at your pleasure.

As with any GPS, the 665 is very customizable, from maps, display, routes, searches & even has blueTooth so you can pair it with you phone & headset & take & place calls directly from the 665 head unit, very convenient features.

I'm sure there's plenty more that I could write about, but if anyone has particular questions about the Zumo 665, feel free to ask.

We got ours over a year ago, caught it on sale from an internet retailer for under $700 & mounted it to the top dash using a $30 Ram mount, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT POSITION, as it now acts as a Heads Up Display not only showing your route ahead, but also the speed limit along with your current speed, making looking at the RTs LCD screen almost unnecessary. And when we get to the twisties, I zoom the screen in for a very close view, and since its right in line of sight being on top of the dash, its almost like having a cheat-sheet of the twisties directly ahead, which one may not be able to see, so you have a couple of extra seconds to prepare, LOVE THAT!!!

In conclusion, its not cheap & its far from perfect, but IMHO, its worth every penny if you use it frequently. Most of the time now, I love just cruising with no destination programmed & with watching the display I've found SO many off beat roads that were Awesome, that I never would have taken, had I not had it, for fear of getting lost or running out of fuel.

Spyder Garage

Default There's a OSR GROUP Ryde scheduled for this Sat. leaving from Middletown Cycle

Teddy & I are gonna be leaving home Downtown Cincy/Covington area around 8am, anyone else interested in ryding up with us???

Spyder Garage

The Garmin Zumo 665 was and is the very first GPS unit that I've ever had experience with, minus using the Nav app. on my Droid for the previous 2 years. The Droid actually worked very well, got Teddy & I all the way to Florida & back, to Cowtown once but died on our trip back from SpyderFest 2011. Since the phone wasn't water-proof I put it in a ziplock baggy with a rubber-band around it & that worked pretty well...
    I've had quite a few GPS's built in and external, my favorite is the Zumo 550, although its showing its age not having lane assets and photo junction I still prefer it.

I got the 660 with the Sypder and although the screen is better (bigger) its not as responsive as the 550. The 550 has glove friendly buttons around the out side which are easy to find and click through, the touch screen on the 660 seems to lack something.

The 550 seems to redraw quicker and I prefer the user interface, I have the external XM30 xm radio but I canceled my subscription after they remove BBC radio 1.

I will use the 660 on the spyder as its fitted and works just fine, just odd things two steps forward one back sort of thing, but i do love the Garmin's.

On another note, I have Map Quest with the Zumo 550 and the new base camp is no where as good, making routes in Map Quest is really simple and you can edited them to your harts content, editing routes in base Camp is so difficult.

I have a support ticket in with Garmin about adding my Zumo 660 maps 2013 into Map Quest.

All in all two thumbs up for Garmin Zumo's

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Default OSR Saturday

Dave, I am going to do this ryde with you. I will have to leave here at 6 am to meet up with you. I have Teddy's ball and your tool that you left here. After reading your writings on your trip down here to help and teach me about the oil change and the every small detail about the evening was great. No way can I write such an outstanding story and knowing what was said and done I could not stop reading it. It was a pleasure to have You and Teddy as guest at our home and any time that you would like to come down for the weekend of touring or teaching we would be happy for you to stay with us. Thank you so much for your help. I will call you on Saturday morning when I get in the area so we can meet. If I can get to Frishes by 7:30 I will eat breakfast there, if not in time it will be Mc D.
    Gene

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Gene, just let me know, Teddy & I would love have breakfast w/u @ Frishes

Sounds like a plan

I didn't even realize I had left one of his balls down there, nor a tool Appreciate you bringing them along & I'm glad everything went well, minus the fact that Teddy insists on Smelling like DEAD VARMIT

It was comical tho cause it was the first time ever that he's had a shower, & you shoulda seen him running in circles trying to get away from the water & he just couldn't do it ***

Appreciate the offer for a weekend trip as well, thinking I should post something for the CincySpyderRydersGroup & see if there is any interest in maybe making a day trip down with a group of us if you'd be kind enough to be our tour guide as you sure do have some beautiful country down that way

Spyder Garage

Cool Seems Teddy has now become the Attraction for the Attractions

Got the oil changed late last night, around midnight, so of course, we had to head out for a ryde to make sure all was well. So we headed thru the streets of Mainstrasse & since it was a Thursday night & rather warm, many ppl were out at the neighborhood bars and sitting at the outside dining tables. As we rolled past a few of these tables and come to a stop at a red light, we're overwhelmed by three rather attractive young ladies, all three screaming in unison at the top of their lungs at the site of Teddy on the back of his Red Sled. I mean, I was actually started & twisted around so fast, I was worried I might re-injure my mostly healed incission. Seriously, like you would've thought Justin Beiber had just walked by them, all three of them S C R E A M I N G !!!!!! Luckily the light turned green before they could make their way out of their seets to get over to him, or I'm sure we would have been holding up traffic while they all posed for pics with him.

So on we went, to a little less festive of an area, down by the hotels and the Riverfront. Mind you, this is around 12:30 midnight now, and Teddy starts going nose crazy behind me. Being a dog (I swear, he really is a dog, he just doesn't know it-lol) he has a very keen sense of smell (hence all the rolling in dead varmit scenarios of late) & a hightened fascination with horses. Living rather closely to the city, you wouldn't think we'd have much contact with livestock like horses, but you'd be dead wrong, as every weekend, between Mainstrasse Villiage & downtown Cincy, I'd guess we have a total of about 50 horse drawn carriages that take tourists & locals out on date night for nice leasurely cruises around town. We've come to know many of them, and THEY ALL KNOW TEDDY, as we try to make the rounds on the weekends so Teddy can get his fill of the giant 4 legged creatures that just captivate his senses. Well, as I said, he started going "nose crazy" (nose straight up smelling rappidly, standing up on hind legs, bouncing back and forth from side to side) like someone was frying bacon up in a pan. Sure enough, at the next block, we end up coming upon a horse drawn carriage & its like an addict getting his fix, he's just transfixed by the horse.

Once the carriage driver sees us, he stops the carriage in the middle of the street, then tells the nice couple to turn their attention to the other side of where they were looking, and then proceeds to wave at us, while telling the couple all about TEDDY.

"And as you look on the left side of the carriage folks, you'll see one of the most Awesome sights you're likely to see anywhere. That there is Teddy, the Spyder ryding pooch and yes, thats right, what your seeing is real, folks. The dog actually does where sunglasses (their actually colored doggles, but whatever, its his speal-LOL) and you see that bright red mohawk atop his head, I assure you folks, its as real as the night is long, I've actually petted it myself & am proud to count Teddy as my personal buddy (oh really now, news to me, as we've only actually talked like 3 times, but whatever-LOL) Yes sir ree folks, and that their is his very own motorcyle, if memory serves, its called a Spyder & you can see there in the front, he has his very own cheauffer to take him wherever he wants to go. That dogs been from Florida all the way to upstate NewYork ryding just like you see him there. Isn't that just the greatest thing you've ever seen?" At this, the nice couple pull out their camera phones and ask if its ok to take a couple of pics, which we shockingly oblidge with a smile, still in disbelief.

I was at a loss & very impressed with the guides memory, as we have stopped to let Teddy smell & look at his horse a few times, when he had no customers & was just sitting and waiting. We've talked for a total of maybe 10 minutes, but all of what he was saying was true and accurate, was just the first time I had heard someone else besides me telling Teddy's tails to others.

Well if it don't beat all, the lil guys making it BIG TIME as a local Celibrity

Spyder Garage

Default Now I see!

Very similar to the one I bought at Sears, just never thought of taking it with me. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0191000P?mv=rr
    Kinggeek
    Mandeville,LA

VERY HAPPY Spyder Ryder!

Where have we been on the Spyder? See below:

Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 in Congac

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast