Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1239
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KCPete View Post
    Here's an offer for you, Dave.
    I have my last phone sitting on my desk...an original Motorola Droid, that was on Verizon. All you'll need is the charger, a SIM card for your number, and it's yours.
    Oh, by the way, this offer includes FREE delivery!
    I've been following some of your trials, and am offering my assistance for a couple days to get Teddy's Spyder back on the road.
    It's only about 600 miles to Cincinnati from Kansas City, according to Google....can I grab a couch or piece of floor for a day or two?
    If this sounds like a plan, and you've got time this (yes, THIS) weekend, I'll be on the road and get there sometime Friday evening.
    All I need is you to PM me your street address so I know where I'm headed!

Thoughts?

Besides, I was a Boy Scout and I'm a little behind on my quota of good deeds! After all, 'Tis the Season!

Pete
    How nice of you!

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up NO DOUBT about it, Santa is coming early to pay a visit to Teddy & get his sled run'n

Quote Originally Posted by Daisyjoe View Post
    How nice of you!
    Ok, had some new phone hiccups the past 2 days, but think we've got them worked out now. Actually just got off the phone with Pete (aka... Santa) a couple hours ago & he was almost ready to head out the door for his next Adventure, to come some 600 plus odd miles from Kansas City MO to pay us a visit here in Covington, Kentucky. I'm SO Excited!!! Got to remember to make sure he has bunches of pics of THE TEDSTER to take back with him, otherwise Missus Clause said the locks would be changed once he reached home at the North Pole & we just can't allow that to happen If everything goes well, Teddy will be riding HIS Red Sled by Sunday or MondayOMG

Spyder Garage

Post Phone Saga ends with Teddy saving the day

Ok, if you've weeded thru & connected the mini-stories reguarding our little phone debackle, this should be the last chapter with that short (yeah right) story.

So the Best Buy kid absolutely loved Teddy & had mentioned to us how he loves dogs, but only has big, like Mastiv BIG dogs at home, but after socializing with our lil ham for a few, he had seen how good small dogs CAN be, with the proper attention, training and most of all, LOVE of course. He confided that his next dog will be a small one for sure, to which I started talking with him about the importance of proper training if he wishes to have a well mannered dog, but he'd still never be 'just like Teddy' as he's definitly one of a kind, and we both laughed and shook our heads in agreement, as we watched Teddy ham'n it up for pics with fans.

After a bit more Teddy time, the sales associate asked if their was something he could help us with, to which I was happy to explain our little delima. I told him all about our 2 previous Verizon store experiences & how they basically told me I'd have to either pay full retail price, invoke insurance or just wait til May when my contract date was up, so basically no help. He asked for my cell number and proceeded to pull up my account, and he agreed with what he was looking at, that the Verizon Associate had been correct. Joy (NOT) Just what I wanted to hear

"But, there may be a work around, so give me a couple to play with this" he told us, to which I was ALL for work your magic by ALL means As the young guy finagled his way around the keyboard, a small crowd envelopes us, as curious onlookers jocky for position to get a better look at The Tedster and he licks licks poses like an old hat, one person after another.

Then our young sales associate calls over for his boss to key in his passcode for something, and WHALAH!!!! ALL of a sudden, "Hey, I have good news. You'll have to keep the 2nd line on your account like it is now, but we can transfer your upgrade from that line to the one you use now, and we can get you squared away with a new phone at the upgrade price (saving over $500) instead of you having to either pay full retail or having to settle with going back to the old technology again and having to pay for the insurance deductable. How's that?" I honestly wanted to hug the guy, I was so HAPPY but I settled with a big heart felt THANK YOU!!! SO MUCH

Then the 'kid' calls over to a coworker that was across the room, "Dude, get over here, you gotta see the most awesome dog ever, that's sitting right here in front of me." to which another (even younger) 'kid' comes strolling over, and yup, out comes the camera phone as he asks if he could takes some pics for his girlfriend, cause she was gonna love them. "Sure, go for it, he's very used to it."

So, all in all, we ended up leaving the Verizon store twice and disappointed but we had a fantastic time at the BestBuy store, not to mention, Teddy made us some new friends and we got done what we needed to get done. YaY!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-07-2012 at 11:59 AM.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teddy

And once again Teddy works his magic!! Good luck this weekend with the . I hope it all comes together for you and Teddy!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by currin20fan View Post
    And once again Teddy works his magic!! Good luck this weekend with the . I hope it all comes together for you and Teddy!

Maybe your luck is now going to swing from Bad to Good now - You can only put up with such bad luck for so long and you
    have had your share (and poss others as well) of bad luck - You more than anyone deserves Good Luck

I like reading your posts and will look forward to hearing good news after the weekend

Thanks also to KCPete - He sounds like the kind of friend we all need from time to time

Only wish I could offer you more than words but being several thousands of miles away its not possible at this time

You never know I hope to retire in 3 years time and Spyderfest is on my bucket list - Maybe we will meet up one day

Good Luck Dave and Teddy and Best wishes

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Wink Teddy & I are SO Excited, Pete should be buz'n the door anytime now

You know what, I'm tired and sore, really really sore.

Just as a little experiment of how well you get along with yourself, try cleaning the house, but only using your NON-Dominant hand (I believe Left for the majority of us) for picking anything up that weighs more than 10 ounces. Go ahead, start slowly & methodically, catching yourself mis-step after mis-step of "DOH!!! I CAN'T DO IT THAT WAY!" as Homer would say. Don't give up tho, try to complete all of the general chores this way, and see what kind of conversation you have with yourself. Believe me, its liable to be quite animated, depending of course, on ones own personality. You may, like me, learn something about yourself.

Talked to Pete not too long ago, and he should be arriving any minute now
    SO EXCITED

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teddy & I would be honored to meet you at SpyderFest

Quote Originally Posted by eddieshep999 View Post

Maybe your luck is now going to swing from Bad to Good now - You can only put up with such bad luck for so long and you
    have had your share (and poss others as well) of bad luck - You more than anyone deserves Good Luck

I like reading your posts and will look forward to hearing good news after the weekend

Thanks also to KCPete - He sounds like the kind of friend we all need from time to time

Only wish I could offer you more than words but being several thousands of miles away its not possible at this time

You never know I hope to retire in 3 years time and Spyderfest is on my bucket list - Maybe we will meet up one day

Good Luck Dave and Teddy and Best wishes

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK
    Thank you so much, Teddy has many friends and fans, all over the world, and he even got to meet Dol all the way from Belgium at the 2011 SpyderFest, such an Amazing time, its hard to find the right words, but we are like an extended family from all over the world, and like no other...
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-08-2012 at 07:10 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Guess who arrived ???

And yes, we have begun 098.jpg 097.jpg 096.jpg LOVING Teddy even more

Along with trying to make time to work on putting Teds Red Sled back together
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-10-2012 at 06:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teds Red Sled now has new brakes & tires & standing on its own 3 feet

20121209_123852.jpg 20121209_123933.jpg 20121209_151044.jpg 20121209_151129.jpg 20121209_153320.jpg

Just took a short brake to play with Teddy & sadly watch the Bungles loose to the Cowboys. We're about to head out now and start working on the belt alignment & tension, using doc's electronic belt tension meter, so get to learn something new. Progress IS being Made, so happy about that.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-09-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Cool Bungals or Yucs

Hey Dave,
    Your Bungals should play my Tampa Bay Yucs. Then we could see who was best at giving the game away to the other team.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Teds Red Sled now has new plugs & wires and KewlMetal air intake system

Spyder Garage

All your hard work has really paid off and I'm excited to hear what you think about the KewlMetal intake mod after you get some miles on her. Do keep us posted with some reports.

Carl
    2012 White RT Limited and 2013 Yellow ST-S Think 3 .i.

Spyder Garage

Great progress this weekend Dave. It's wonderful to see things moving along. Just think, it will not be long before your out on the road again
    SpydermanCT

2010 RT-S SE5 Timeless Black PE # 794 ~ RT-622 Trailer ~ Can-Am Garmin 665 GPS ~ Elka Front Shocks ~ ESI Brightsides with Rips Kit ~ ESI RT Fender Tips Kit ~ Rear Brightsides ~ HMT Brake Light ~ Tricplate rear running / Brake LED's ~ ESI Mud Flap Lights ~ LED Day Runners ~ Right Side Inlet Covers ~ Street Magic Scuff Guards ~ IPS Key Cover ~ KewlMetal Kewlocks ~ Spyderpops Radiator Block Off Plate and Catalytic Converter Shield Set ~ Carbon Fiber Kit ~ Corbin Seat

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up I wish I could properly communicate my gratitude & EXCITEMENT !!!

It does seem that the stars are aligning just right and everything is coming together. Getting the belt aligned and with the use of Docs (docriverside) Sonic belt tension meter, we (Pete mostly) were able to get the belt aligned to spec and the belt tensioning went awesome, following docs PDF file of instructions. Can't thank our SpyderLovers Extended Family enough for all of your support and encouragement. We did have one little mis-step & ended up braking that little nylon 'Tie-Rod' that goes onto the rear shock, but I already have that on order.

Pete slept in (no doubt cuddled up with Teddy) this morning and will be leaving soon to head back home to his WONDERFUL Wife. Thank YOU so much Janet for letting Pete come all this way to help us. After watching all that he did, and how useless I was with my arm, theres no doubt in my mind, Teds Red Sled would be down for a VERY LONG TIME without your wonderful husbands assistance As I told him, anytime you guys are around the Cincy area, you have a home to stay at & a loving dog & grateful sidekick to entertain you. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Doc (Dave) I also have my phone situation corrected & will be giving you a call a little later today to find out where to send the Sonic Meter next. Also, Teddy & I have been keeping your wife in our prayers that everything went well with her foot procedure and that she will be good as new in no time. THANK YOU doc, especially for all your patience not to mention, wonderful instructions.
    Lamont has truly created a Unique thing here, as SpyderLovers are really more than just forum members,
    WE ARE AN EXTENDED FAMILY like no other & Teddy & I are proud to just be a part of it
    Soon, I'm guessing by next weekend, TEDDY WILL RYDE AGAIN !!!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-10-2012 at 06:31 AM.

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    It does seem that the stars are aligning just right and everything is coming together. Getting the belt aligned and with the use of Docs (docriverside) Sonic belt tension meter, we (Pete mostly) were able to get the belt aligned to spec and the belt tensioning went awesome, following docs PDF file of instructions. Can't thank our SpyderLovers Extended Family enough for all of your support and encouragement. We did have one little mis-step & ended up braking that little nylon 'Tie-Rod' that goes onto the rear shock, but I already have that on order.

Pete slept in (no doubt cuddled up with Teddy) this morning and will be leaving soon to head back home to his WONDERFUL Wife. Thank YOU so much Janet for letting Pete come all this way to help us. After watching all that he did, and how useless I was with my arm, theres no doubt in my mind, Teds Red Sled would be down for a VERY LONG TIME without your wonderful husbands assistance As I told him, anytime you guys are around the Cincy area, you have a home to stay at & a loving dog & grateful sidekick to entertain you. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Doc (Dave) I also have my phone situation corrected & will be giving you a call a little later today to find out where to send the Sonic Meter next. Also, Teddy & I have been keeping your wife in our prayers that everything went well with her foot procedure and that she will be good as new in no time. THANK YOU doc, especially for all your patience not to mention, wonderful instructions.
    Lamont has truly created a Unique thing here, as SpyderLovers are really more than just forum members,
    WE ARE AN EXTENDED FAMILY like no other & Teddy & I are proud to just be a part of it
    Soon, I'm guessing by next weekend, TEDDY WILL RYDE AGAIN !!!

Good news - Hope this is the start of recovery for all your recent setbacks
    Someone sent me some pictures and I saw this one and thought of Teddy - Hope you like it

Merry Christmas from Your UK Fans

Eddie Sheppard
    Reading UK

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teddy

Glad to see the progress and I'm sure you have a smile on your face .

Doc - Riverside

Default Things are looking up

Glad to hear my procedure worked as well as I had hoped. You were the Ginnie Pig. You need to take Ted's Sled out for a spin to verify the alignment before we do anything with the meter. Hope you didn't put the trailer hitch back on yet. Wife is on the slow mend 4 to 6 months. 10 weeks no weight on the foot while its in a cast.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm just jealous!

It's Teddy this and Teddy that! Next time I'll recruit a zookeeper for our menagerie and come along too!

I'm glad you and Pete made good progress towards getting Ted's Red Sled back on the road where you two belong!

Looking forward to seeing you both at SpyderFest 2013!

Janet

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool GLAD

Hey dave im so glad things are lookin up, i know from experience that the light at the end of the tunnel can seem a very long way off but dont despair things always get better and the more people around you who really care the faster things can turn around . I am very happy that you and ted will be spyderin again real soon.
    best wishes to you and yours mick

Spyder Garage

Question How does one say THANK YOU when the words just seem lacking

Spyder Garage

Post After almost 2 yrs of research, we've finally found our solution... I hope

For those that have been following along for a while, you may recall how I 'fried' the monitor for our 'Teddy Cam' that we use daily, so that I can keep an eye on our little star, without having to be another distracted driver on the road and having to actually turn around or glance back to make sure all is well with him. With the monitor mounted to the dash where the right side analogue gauge used to reside, and having a camera mounted for viewing Teddy, all that was required was a quick glance down, just as you would to check any other dash mounted gauge. The one we had e worked well for the past year and a half, but I knew going in that is wasn't water proof & with us ryding in all weather conditions, it was just a matter of time before it succumbed to the elements.

TBC...

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    No thanks necessary....meeting you and Teddy was thanks enough! Glad I could help out!
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

No thanks necessary....meeting you and Teddy was thanks enough! Glad I could help out!
    I love this site and the family of support. Well done Pete, above and beyond.

harry
    "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus"
    My Rides;
    Nimbus 2000, Ford Anglia, 2012 Spyder RT Limited, Pre 14 Vintage Classic Collectors Edition!

Favorite Ride;
    Nimbus 2000 boy this thing can fly.

Mods:
    Charm of invisibility, Reparo Charm (cuts down on service cost)

One always wonders about roads not taken.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    I love this site and the family of support. Well done Pete, above and beyond.

harry
    Harry....now you're making me blush...

Just something that needed doing, a family member that needed a hand, and I had the time and was in a position to help. If anything, thank my folks for bringing me up that way! I also love this site and the feeling of family...it's so much more than just a forum!

Pete
    Our 'Tardis' 2011 RT SE5 A/C Orbital Blue & 622 Trailer
    HMT Brake Lt, KewlMetal Hwy Brkts, Corbin Seat w/heat & backrest, Custom Dynamics Fender Tips & Mudflap LEDs, Gorilla Alarm, Stebel Horn, Xenon Depot HID Kit, SpyderPOPS Radiator block & BumpSkid, RumblingPride TCM flag mts, Elkas, BRP Fogs, Garmin 665, Alaskan Leather ButtPads, Gremlin Bell, GripBuddies, his/her htd gear power jacks, KewlMetal Perf Air Intake, BajaRon plugs/wires & Anti-Sway Bar, Baker Belt Stabilizer, Baker Mug.

Spyder Garage

Default Dave & Teddy

Harry....now you're making me blush...

Just something that needed doing, a family member that needed a hand, and I had the time and was in a position to help. If anything, thank my folks for bringing me up that way! I also love this site and the feeling of family...it's so much more than just a forum!

Pete
    You're a real gem........nice to know there are still people in this world like you.