Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am glad you are okay...that is the important thing. Another Spyder is just around the corner.

For all: Carry a disposable camera in all of your vehicles. $5-6 at Wal-Mart to take photos in case of an accident. Big help to your insurance company. Phones work too.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

glad to hear you were not hurt. that was a beautiful ride. if they total it, see if you can buy it back cheap. then you can part it out and make A LOT of money to compensate your pain and suffering.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

I too am glad you're ok. It is a full time job watching for other drivers whether you're in a cage or on a bike.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know you all know this, but if I help keep one person from an accident it is worth it. When you approach a car on a side street, or in a turn lane or slowing in a two lane road...WATCH THE FRONT TIRE...NOT THE DRIVER. If the wheel moves one inch, get ready to STOP...if it turns one inch toward you off of the straight center, look for the ditch. Practice looking for a safe exit area...look at a car stopped at a side street and pretend he pulls out in front of you....where would you go...car beside you? Now what? One thing is you are on a trike...you won't low or high side. Practice stopping at your local parking lot....ALWAYS LOOK FOR A DITCH...they are softer than hitting a steel auto. I have been through several ditches over the years and all I got was muddy....

Rant over...

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffCee View Post
    Shows the good sense of being properly attired in protective gear. Nobody can predict when an accident will happen or how they'll come out of it. Happy you are OK, your Spyder will be repaired or replaced and you'll ryde again.
    I have always said that there are old bikers and there are stupid bikers but there are no old stupid bikers!I have had several of my female non riding friends say that this is the end of my riding , I let them know nope as soon as it's fixed or replaced I'll be back on the road. I tell them if I have to explain you just won't understand and leave it at that.

Will be again a very happy Spyder rider very soon!!!

Very Happy Rider

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wow, so sorry to hear, just glad your okay to ride another day!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Only just read this post. Glad you're OK though. I feel your pain cos I'd be lost without my Spyder!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TrypodUK View Post
    Only just read this post. Glad you're OK though. I feel your pain cos I'd be lost without my Spyder!!!

It's just been over 2 weeks since the accident and yes I have been lost without my Spyder, still working with Insurance trying to figure out the value of it. Do have a new 2012 RTS lined up just need my settlement so I can purchase it.

Very Happy Rider

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Idaspud View Post
    It's just been over 2 weeks since the accident and yes I have been lost without my Spyder, still working with Insurance trying to figure out the value of it. Do have a new 2012 RTS lined up just need my settlement so I can purchase it.
    So good may come out of bad in the end! Hope it's not too long before you're Spydering again.

Spyder Garage

Idaspud,

I envision a new Spyder in your future.

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have always said that there are old bikers and there are stupid bikers but there are no old stupid bikers!I have had several of my female non riding friends say that this is the end of my riding , I let them know nope as soon as it's fixed or replaced I'll be back on the road. I tell them if I have to explain you just won't understand and leave it at that.

Will be again a very happy Spyder rider very soon!!!
    If you have to explain offer to take them on a ride... Then they will understand....

Spyder Garage

Very happy to report that all is right with the world once again, I took delivery of my new 2012 RTS SE 5 last night and now have the sum of 5 miles on the clock Wow I have only noticed a few changes on the 2012 over the 2011 model, mostly in the color of the lights on the dash and speedo. The new bike seems to ride smoother, I'm sure it's just me in my excitement to be on the road again. Thanks to all that wished me well in my accident with the old bike. Now on to new adventures with my new Spyder. And staying clear of older women who wish to run red lights and cause accidents.

Once again a very happy riderI just can't hold it in any longer woo hoo.

Very Happy Rider

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wink Congrats on the new ryde

Glad you are ok & that your insurance company came through.

Someone else asked & Im curious as well, but when you had your crash, were you able to hold on or were you thrown off? Sorry if you answered this & I didn't see it.

Curious, what are your first mods going to be?

Glad yur back in the saddle again & ryde safe

Spyder Garage

After tangling with a trailer truck the repair cost on my 2010 RTS was $18504 with the engine torn down but not repaired so they gave up and totalled it.. I hope and hope that my 2012 Limited will finally be here next week sometime... The good news was the insurance company (his fault) paid bigtime on my claim so financials look great...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

On 11-15-2011 at about 10:00 Am was hit on my Spyder by a lady who ran a red light while I was making a left turn, she tore off the whole front end of the bike and cast it about 20 feet from where the bike stopped, I guess the bike can be repaired, best thing is I wasn't hurt was wearing my helmet and proper clothing didn't even get a scratch on me not so good for the Spyder. Figure it will be about 3 months to get it repaired and back and running again I already miss it.

I'm sorry to read about your accident and was great to see your alright and you didn't have to wait to long to get back on the road with a 2012 RTS. I hate sitting in an intersection waiting to make a left turn and instead will make 3 right turns. This gets me going in the same direction. If I loose count, I'll make 7 right turns and this works also. If again I loose count, instead of making 11 right turns, I often give up and go home to try another day.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Very happy to report that all is right with the world once again, I took delivery of my new 2012 RTS SE 5 last night and now have the sum of 5 miles on the clock Wow I have only noticed a few changes on the 2012 over the 2011 model, mostly in the color of the lights on the dash and speedo. The new bike seems to ride smoother, I'm sure it's just me in my excitement to be on the road again. Thanks to all that wished me well in my accident with the old bike. Now on to new adventures with my new Spyder. And staying clear of older women who wish to run red lights and cause accidents.

I know my 2012 is smoother than my 2010 but I figured that was because mine was pre production.

Spyder Garage

on the new ryde!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Question

Pictures of her please!!!! Gotta see what she looks like and are ya gona add lotsa lights so MAYBE "they" will see ya better???? nosey wants to know!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Glad you are ok & that your insurance company came through.

Someone else asked & Im curious as well, but when you had your crash, were you able to hold on or were you thrown off? Sorry if you answered this & I didn't see it.

Curious, what are your first mods going to be?

Glad yur back in the saddle again & ryde safe
    I was not able to hold on the force of the impact was so hard that I was thrown off she hit me at full speed never even tried to apply her brakes speed limit is 40 mph. I have convinced the wife that my first mods will be the addition of side marker lights and the rear upper trunk break light. She told me that I'll have to wait till after Christmas to see what she is going to give me as a present tho. I love this woman!!!

Very Happy Rider

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFeet View Post
    Pictures of her please!!!! Gotta see what she looks like and are ya gona add lotsa lights so MAYBE "they" will see ya better???? nosey wants to know!!
    The new2012 looks just like my 2011 same color and model RTS S E 5, sorry no pictures of the new one yet. Wife did take a few with her camera of the new bike sitting next to old crashed Spyder and it looks very sad, she caption rest in peace old Spyder. Will try to download from her camera and post soon.

Very Happy Rider

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was not able to hold on the force of the impact was so hard that I was thrown off she hit me at full speed never even tried to apply her brakes speed limit is 40 mph. I have convinced the wife that my first mods will be the addition of side marker lights and the rear upper trunk break light. She told me that I'll have to wait till after Christmas to see what she is going to give me as a present tho. I love this woman!!!
    I agree that the extra lights are a must. I had them fitted to my before I took delivery for exactly the same reason (though it's right turns that can be a problem here in the UK). Glad you're back in the saddle again and enjoy your new ryde!!!