Spyder Garage

Default Yazz..BEST question + AAA

"BEST is programed in my phone. If you're out in the middle of nowhere, they know where closest dealer is. AAA RV will cover all towing expenses above the $200.00 that BEST covers."

Yazz the above was your response in another thread. Right now I have the BEST and had a breakdown and paid $75 above the $200. My question is, if you have both BEST and AAA, is your first call to BEST? And, since AAA was not the first call, will they be responsible for picking up their part, if the tow is over $200. I know you said they pick up towing expenses above $200; but, was that from actual experience or was that something you asked AAA?

Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    "BEST is programed in my phone. If you're out in the middle of nowhere, they know where closest dealer is. AAA RV will cover all towing expenses above the $200.00 that BEST covers."

Yazz the above was your response in another thread. Right now I have the BEST and had a breakdown and paid $75 above the $200. My question is, if you have both BEST and AAA, is your first call to BEST? And, since AAA was not the first call, will they be responsible for picking up their part, if the tow is over $200. I know you said they pick up towing expenses above $200; but, was that from actual experience or was that something you asked AAA?

Thanks
    I would call BEST first. AAA second. BEST has a list of all the BRP dealers and will tow you to the closest one. Call the referred dealership to make sure they work on Spyders. We had to play phone tag to find a BRP dealer who worked on them. They weren't the closest one but BEST payed the first $200 on the tow.

We were towed from Jasper Alberta to Calgary. Think it was around 100 miles or so. Anyway, with the currency exchange it was expensive. The tow truck driver told us if we had AAA RV, they would have picked up the rest of the bill. No money out of our pocket.

We have looked into AAA RV and the driver was right. We now have that as well for peace of mind.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Good to know

Thanks Yazz, I'll have Teddy look into upgrading our regular AAA membership, "just in case"
    IMG_20110911_140831.jpg
    We don't wat to run into any "Nightmares" while on a trip

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    I would call BEST first. AAA second. BEST has a list of all the BRP dealers and will tow you to the closest one. Call the referred dealership to make sure they work on Spyders. We had to play phone tag to find a BRP dealer who worked on them. They weren't the closest one but BEST payed the first $200 on the tow.

We were towed from Jasper Alberta to Calgary. Think it was around 100 miles or so. Anyway, with the currency exchange it was expensive. The tow truck driver told us if we had AAA RV, they would have picked up the rest of the bill. No money out of our pocket.

We have looked into AAA RV and the driver was right. We now have that as well for peace of mind.
    Yazz,

I checked with AAA today (in person) and explained the situation with me already having roadside assistance with the BEST and asked if AAA would pay their part when I exceeded the BEST $200 for towing. I was told no and they gave me the phone number for their Emergency Roadside Assistance group to double check. I called and the result was the same.

If you ever have to use both the BEST and AAA for towing, I hope you do get reimbursed.

Spyder Garage

I think Lamont has in each of the "state forums" a list of spyder dealers and their address. Not sure how updated it is, but it's there.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Yazz,

I checked with AAA today (in person) and explained the situation with me already having roadside assistance with the BEST and asked if AAA would pay their part when I exceeded the BEST $200 for towing. I was told no and they gave me the phone number for their Emergency Roadside Assistance group to double check. I called and the result was the same.

If you ever have to use both the BEST and AAA for towing, I hope you do get reimbursed.
    Its the RV plan by AAA that will reimburse all towing. Its basically for RV'ers who like to go out in the middle of nowhere and then they break down. It would cost them a pretty penny to get that thing towed. Its good for all the vehicles we own.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Spyder Garage

So the Best towing only covers $200? If your 30 miles from home and the dealers are closed will they tow you home ?
    Called the BEST Phone # to ask but was on hold over 5 minures?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Its the RV plan by AAA that will reimburse all towing. Its basically for RV'ers who like to go out in the middle of nowhere and then they break down. It would cost them a pretty penny to get that thing towed. Its good for all the vehicles we own.
    It was with the Premium plan that I asked about today, the most expensive at $115/year; that includes 4 tows, one up to 200 miles and the other 3 to 100 miles and included motorcycles and RV's. That's the most expensive up here in Central and Western NY. Maybe AAA has different policies throughout the US.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-14-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Guess how much was the transport for my Spyder from Reno NV to Sarasota FL? I have AAA and BRP Best.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    So the Best towing only covers $200? If your 30 miles from home and the dealers are closed will they tow you home ?
    Called the BEST Phone # to ask but was on hold over 5 minures?
    Yes, the $200 cover about +/-65 miles. And yes, you can tow-it to your house or dealer.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Yes, the $200 cover about +/-65 miles. And yes, you can tow-it to your house or dealer.
    My tow was a total of 5o miles. It cost the BRP $200 plus $75. Each tow company sets it own rates.

Something I realized is that unlike AAA that has specific tow companies, the BEST does not, They just call around until they find someone. There was some lag time from the tow company to come and get me b/c they had never heard of the BRP BEST warranty; they had to make sure they were legit before they came.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-14-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Guess how much was the transport for my Spyder from Reno NV to Sarasota FL? I have AAA and BRP Best.
    My guess would be $1.50 per mile.

Spyder Garage

It was with the Premium plan that I asked about today, the most expensive at $115/year; that includes 4 tows, one up to 200 miles and the other 3 to 100 miles and included motorcycles and RV's. That's the most expensive up here in Central and Western NY. Maybe AAA has different policies throughout the US.
    O.k., I see where the confusion comes from. Spydee was towed less than 200 miles. Roughly 100 miles. The fact that Spydee was towing a trailer made for a motorcycle and a half on the tow truck. BEST took care of the first $200, we had to pay out of pocket another $700. Yeah, wish we did more camping when we could...

So basically, if we had paid an additional $115 for the AAA RV insurance, it would have been well worth the money.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default just make sure....

After reading the posts about AAA, I checked with my local AAA office,
    and they said because we're in Oregon, our Spyders are covered under the Plus,
    and the RV plan is not necessary.

AAA said you need to check with your local AAA office for specific coverage
    because it varies from State to State.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki2cu View Post
    My guess would be $1.50 per mile.
    $0.48/mile. No Best, thank you...
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have CAA Plus RV . I am also covered when I visit the United States and like wise when our American friends come to visit. I would not be without my CAA plus RV .