Spyder Garage

Question Looking for cup holders,, Need sugestions

I have a 2011 RT LTD, and I am looking for front and rear cup holders. Anyone have any sugestions?
    John Berghofer, Streamwood Il
    2011 RT Limited

Spyder Garage

I have this cup holder on my RT-S passenger hand grip. Works good for me. Don't think it would work on front though. I'm sure others will have suggestions too.

http://bakerbuilt.com/bbairwings/qrch.html

If this link doesn't work, go to www.bakerbuilt.com and look under Specialty Products. This is also the site for Baker Built Air Wings.

Spyder Garage

It's nice to have an another IL spyder

Here is the thread you should read (cup holders from 7/7/11)

I am using Drinks2Go and love it but I have an RS so I am not sure if there is another one for RT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leslee View Post
    I have this cup holder on my RT-S passenger hand grip. Works good for me. Don't think it would work on front though. I'm sure others will have suggestions too.

If this link doesn't work, go to www.bakerbuilt.com and look under Specialty Products. This is also the site for Baker Built Air Wings.

Spyder Garage

IMG-20110803-00173.jpgIMG-20110802-00169.jpg
    I have the same as Leslee, but I added a small rubber strap and a key ring to go around the bottle neck so it wont fly out when the water gets low.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 08-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Default Cupholder

Just got one like Leslee gave you the web site for and it works fine on my 2011 RT-LTD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leslee View Post

If you don't mind a little logo, the M-Wave is the same construction, but Amazon has it on sale for $9.75, while it's $20 at Bakerbuilt. We have one on our RT, and my wife loves it. I also have a Liquid Caddy swiveling cup holder on the handlebar, which, while not perfect, works well, and can be had in three different colors at Amazon for $9.47. It also twists to grip different size drink containers.

I think these are the only Spyder things I've bought from Amazon, but they were so much less expensive, I figured I'd give them a whirl, and they've not disappointed. I've had the Liquid Caddy for more than a year, and the M-Wave for two months.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    IMG-20110803-00173.jpgIMG-20110802-00169.jpg
    I have the same as Leslee, but I added a small rubber strap and a key ring to go around the bottle neck so it wont fly out when the water gets low.
    That's a great mod!
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

That's a great price, I will order another one. Thanks for the link.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We got ours from AeroStich, only about $10...check their website: aerostich.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButchA2025 View Post
    We got ours from AeroStich, only about $10...check their website: aerostich.com
    If this is the one, they've raised their price to $18.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cup holder

I have two of theses on my RS. They work great!

http://mycupholder.com/canamspcupho.html
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    If this is the one, they've raised their price to $18.
    That is the one, we got ours 3 years ago...and we rode there...we are only 118 miles from Duluth...they do give discounts if you pick up at the store so that could account for the price difference too.
    It's a great holder, they have never slipped in over 20,000 miles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

These are a few pics of our Buttler mounts on our RT and RS. Before we bought her the RS we always road 2-up on the RT and we shared the buttler. This is a 20oz but was more than enough for us, however you can get the bigger mount and mug. J & P cycle has them. the 20oz cost us 59.99 plus shipping unless you can buy it at one of their stores. Here in FL the bottle water will get hot within 10 min. Thats why we got her a new buttler for her RS.
    The first two pics are of the RT and the last three are with the 4" risers on the RS. These pics are in my album if you want to see a bigger picture.
    Last edited by johnnyg; 08-06-2011 at 02:35 PM.

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Ram Mount & cup-holder from Bass Pro Shops

I disconnected the analogue gauges & used the left side to mount a cup-holder. Used a Ram-Mount and Marine Swivel cup holder, both of which we found at Bass Pro Shops. With the Ram-Mount, I can change the direction or angle of the cup-holder, and it works pretty good for us. I'm on a very tight budget, so I went with the cheaper Plastic Ram-mount ($19.99) instead of the more expensive ($29.99) aluminum mount. I'm thinking the stronger aluminum mount would have helped with reducing some of the vibration that is transferred from the Spyder to the cup-holder. Its not bad, but if I had the extra $$ I'd recommend getting the Aluminum mount myself. The only other issue, is that the cup-holder itself IS adjustable, height and size. You can make it small & use it for cans (which I don't recommend do to vibration) or longer for bottles & slender cups. But you are limited as to how wide your cup can be. It has a turn ring to make the inside smaller for holding smaller cups, but the outside opening is set, so you can't have any cups that are larger than the set opening. I found a great one-handed aluminum cup at Walmart for $6.99 that has a rubber mouth piece for sipping and long strall built into it. Using it on our 2000 mile round trip to SITA it worked great & was very convenient & I highly recommend it
    310.jpg2011-08-05 BigBoneLick 021.jpg

Spyder Garage

Love the dog...

Spyder Garage

I designed my own for the front, it is an off the shelf cup holder from the Shucks O'Rielly parts store that I modified to include 3 small suction cups and a safety strap. The strap is 1" wide simular to helmut strap that I created a hook on the end with thin crazy glue. I open the glove box then slide the hook up the grove and and past as far as I like which is just below the hand grip. I put very soft foam rubber at the two contact points where the strap runs over paint edges. I recently moved it to the left side so I can still control the throttle with the right and drink with the left. People think it is a factory option so it does no look home made.

Regards,

Randy

Spyder Garage

Default Using a KewlMetal 257 and two Ram Balls

Well Folks-

Here's how I managed to do it... iPhone holder and cup mount. The little green rubber band dampens the swing of a fully loaded soda!

Holders 1.jpgHolders 2.jpgHolders 3.jpgHolders 4.jpgHolders 5.jpg

Regards-
    Frank.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the imput all
    John Berghofer, Streamwood Il
    2011 RT Limited