Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Suggestions for next year

Do you have any suggestions for next years owners event??? A couple come to mind for me. Start registration and clothing tent earlier in the day. Have the band play on Friday night. As former band members, it's not much fun playing to an empty tent. I heard comments about door prizes. Anyone else. Lets help make the next one better. Oh, PLEASE, keep it civil.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

In the Customization Contest: all 3 categories (Best Show and Shine- stock condition, Best Overall Customization, Best Paint and/or Graphics) should announce the total of votes: 3rd place in A, B or C category with X votes, 2nd place in A, B or C category with Y votes and The Winner in A, B or C category is ... with Z+1 votes.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Default Contest

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    In the Customization Contest: all 3 categories (Best Show and Shine- stock condition, Best Overall Customization, Best Paint and/or Graphics) should announce the total of votes: 3rd place in A, B or C category with X votes, 2nd place in A, B or C category with Y votes and The Winner in A, B or C category is ... with Z+1 votes.

My Spyder Mods:
    Head light and Fog light 100 watt HID,
    all other lights converted to LED,
    LED accent lights everywhere
    Superior Air Horns (153db)
    Ultimate Seat
    Glo Riders,
    Ram mount cup holder, phone holder, ipad holder,
    Back up cam with monitor
    Spyder1Attitude Exhaust
    http://spyder1attitude.com/

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy If you invite 400 or so ppl, be prepared

1st off, I thought BRP did a great job So please, don't get me wrong here. My only suggestion, is if you invite 400 or so SpYder Ryders, and offer "lite services" for the Spyders, have more than one tech. to do all the work I asked about getting the oil changed on TEDDYS RT-S & the guy was like, "well, you have about 30 ppl ahead of you & only one person doing them all" Need I say more

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bruiser I agree with your suggestions. It would have been nice to have registration earlier on Friday and maybe a little more to see at the festival grounds. The band playing on Friday night makes more sense as most of us were heading out early on Sunday and didn't stay there very late.

We didn't go to Wheels Through Time because we went last year but we may have gone if it was available on Friday. Maybe if we had a ticket that could be used one time either Friday or Saturday.

Passport rides like Spyderfest would be fun also.

I know I would have showed up no matter what they had planned any excuse to ride and visit with friends is enough for me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Suggestions for next year

I'd like to see it in MV again next year - or anywhere on the east coast if possible. If it's going to be in MV again next year, maybe someone should do the anti rain/wind/lightning/thunder/hail dance early!!!

Spyder Garage

but I can understand if they want to move it around.

The best part for me is being able to do the Lamonster BBQ as side part of the event and if I knew that it would be there again next year I might be able to have an area setup for vendors that were not part of the BRP official event but would give us all a place to visit for Spyder related products in Maggie Valley for those dates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    but I can understand if they want to move it around.

The best part for me is being able to do the Lamonster BBQ as side part of the event and if I knew that it would be there again next year I might be able to have an area setup for vendors that were not part of the BRP official event but would give us all a place to visit for Spyder related products in Maggie Valley for those dates.

More vendors would be great

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Spyder Garage

Kris (aka Bruisers Baby) said that BRP should consider a west coast/east coast event. That would give more folks the ability to attend. A three to four day drive (or longer) for a two day event is hard to do.

I also agree with Lamont and Yfactor

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    ...and if I knew that it would be there again next year I might be able to have an area setup for vendors that were not part of the BRP official event but would give us all a place to visit for Spyder related products in Maggie Valley for those dates.
    Exactly what I was thinking. It removes liability from BRP, and still accomplishes a goal.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb

A location that serve espresso; this year we were saved by a Florida West Palm Huligan to be...

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    A location that serve espresso; this year we were saved by a Florida West Palm Huligan to be...
    You are soooooo weird.

Spyder Garage

Several of us were discussing this at dinner Saturday night. The issue as I see it is event distance and notification. You are not going to get large numbers of people to ride coast to coast for what is really a one day event. We discussed the idea of an eastern event and a western event. The combined attendance would probably exceed any single location event. Someone also suggested that MV is such a great location for rides that they should just come back there as an annual event and then add a location out west.

The other issue is notification. I thought I heard them say they would annoucnce date & location in December which should solve that problem.

All in all betweent he BBQ and MV i was amazed aty tghe number of really great people I met and rode with. There seems to be something about riders that just makes them fun to be around.

Thanks you to everyone I met and had a few laughs with. Looking forward to the next event.
    Illinois Patriot Guard

Founding member of Woodstock Spyder Ryders

2014 RTS SE6 - White
    2010 RT/AC SE5 retired with 26,536 miles

Spyder Garage

Personally I'd like to see it out closer to the west coast, That way we would have a good reason to go west Than on the other hand back in the smokies is ok. I lile Lamounts Idea about having more venders, I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't any to be found. jc

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

where ever they have it, it may be nice to have off site vendors. also more things to do at the event itself. Door prizes. MV or anywhere near that area has great rides, things to , great food. BRP will make its rounds to differnet locations. My guess it will be in the south next time . Where ever we will be there? BRP did a great job, we had a alot of meeting new and old friends.

Spyder Garage

I would make the trip just for Lamont's BBQ. I think Maggie Valley would be a great location for next year. Next time I will stay in Maggie Valley, and not in Cherokee. This would give me a better response time in case of severe weather. Wheels Through Time is one of my favorite places.

Spyder Garage

I'd love to see it in Maggie Valley again, but I would be surprised if it happens there next year. Another location I would be interested in is Colorado. I loved the rural location this year as opposed to the urban shindigs of the past couple of years. This year it was all about the ride...and not the traffic.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

I would like to attend the event in MV but it is to far away. We go to SpyderFest and that is a 1300 mile trip each way. If a second event was in Colorado, Utah, or Arizona it would be great. Hope this can be considered.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Colorado or South Dakota would be good choices but if they said that next year it would be held in a big dirt field in East Podunk I'd probably go anyway.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

MV would be great again. My worry is if Lamont will be able to host another BBQ if there is no associated event. I'd go, but then, I'm pretty close.

Also, on the Spyder Mods contests, how about limiting entries to non-commercial types. It's tough for a private owner to compete against someone who works for a commercial mod company & is displaying all their mods.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

I heard one of the BRP guys (can't remember which person) say that they really liked the Maggie Valley area and are considering using it as a location for the owners event every other year.

If Spyders in the Smokies doesn't come back next year, Lamonster will have to expand his BBQ into a three day event.

We've had the Northeast (Valcourt, Quebec), West Coast (L.A.), Midwest (Chicago) and now the Southeast (Maggie Valley). Next year should be in the West again but not the coast. Someplace like Colorado or South Dakota like SpyderAnn01 suggests.

I also agree with CincySpyder in that they need to have more techs available if they are advertising maintenance during the event. I didn't need any service but know of many who were basically turned away because of the lack of techs.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I don't mind if they move it, just keep it out of the Metro areas, I really like that we were not based in Pigeon Forge, or Gatlinburg yet still close enough to enjoy them if we chose to. So please keep it as rural as possible.

Now we as SL members could do better next year after they release the location we could post our ideas for rides or events leading up to the main event, so we all had a idea what we all were planning or doing. Kind of like we do leading up to Spyderfest maybe local people could post ideas for rides etc. I really enjoyed the at your leisure event, but did miss seeing some of you.

Example: I rode the dragon on Friday and casually ran into some SL friends at Deals Gap, then more went on Sat. We could have posted earlier a day and time a group was meeting at the Gap and if you wanted to you could join. Not organized just a idea of who may be where when possibly

I had a great time, just remember thinking, I wonder who is doing what?

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Riding in the Badlands or Colorado would be cool. Where ever they have it, I will try to attend again, I am sure.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

I would also like to see them open registration much earlier on the first day, and make it an actual 2 day event next time. I had a great time overall, and the food could not have been better. They did a great job with that. As Doc said, the customization contest could have been run better, and they should have been able to tell him where his Spyder finished in the voting, along with the rest of us who did not win. I also spoke with Yves, Chaz, Carlo, and a few other BRP people who were really interested in the mods we had done to our Spyders and that was cool.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

I understand they will move it around. Makes sense to give other owners that live on the west coast, south west, or Canada the ability to get to one easier.

As for us getting together again in the Smokies, we don't need an official event, or some big organized thing to make it happen. Hell, we don't even need Lamont's BBQ (though it makes one heck of an excuse) to get us together. All we need is to pick a 3 or 4 day spread, a couple of hotels, and I'm sure a bunch of us will show up to an unofficial gathering of spyders.

It is nice to meet the BRP reps and win prizes, but I really go to see all of you.

Besides... I really want to get a few of us together with several helmet cams owned and/or borrowed to shoot the best flogging of a spyder in the twisties ever recorded... and that means the Smokies this year or next.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER