Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue Eyed Spyder

We started out just going to place a few accent lights . Then it turned into a "What can I create with a little time and some spare material in the barn..." I got my hands on some leds from a local shop who had been sitting on them and not selling. So I grabbed an arm load and the "How to DIY Manual".....What do you mean take off the mirror to get underneath. After 1 day and pulling off parts for the 2nd time because I forgot to put something on before the next... I got a few LED's installed... I know now why they charge so much in labor to do anything. "It's to rent storage for all the parts scattered all over..

[/IMG]I hope this photo turns outIf this works I'll post more
    Last edited by Schnauzer; 11-18-2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: trying to post link to photo

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default sorry, no photo,,,,

Spyder Garage
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice!

Just be aware that blue lights in the front of a vehicle might get you a ticket if you use them while driving.

Looks really good though!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Thanks, I'll try the one time excuse that it was for more visibility.."Safety 1st". I've already wore out the excuse for making left turns on red when I'm not recognized..

Spyder Garage

I like to plead ignorance as well, and just hope it is a different officer the next time around. Good job on lighting it up, definitely more visible now.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Harley Style Foot Boards

We had been shopping around looking for floorboards, after picking myself up off the floor from the prices, I decided I need to get out in the barn and get creative. I was in the process of making a bagger out of my Electra Glide. So Passenger boards were available. I used a piece of 3/16 3x3 angle and cut it 1 1/2" wide. I drilled a 1/2 hole and bolted it to the motor mount using the already available bolt. I then took a piece of 1/4" angle and ripped with a bansaw 2 pieces to extend out past the body. Welded the second piece to achieve the rise required. Drilling a 1/4" hole to bolt the Harley Board. "Note" Harley has a pin on the back of the mount that has to be ground off to fit flush. After being in use now for several uses, I see now that a small gusset need to be welded from the angle to the flatbar. All that is left now is weld out the work, grind off the sharp edges, buff it and paint. Best of all is the fact that the board can be unbolted and placed back on the bagger when a passenger {Granddaughter} needs to ride.
    I'm sorry I can't place a material price. Passenger boards can be picked up at swap meets for around $40.00. Scrap yards sell angle and flatbar buy the pound. Welders vary in price if you don't have one or know one..But if you spend more than $75.00 total, someone is getting to you..

http://s1100.photobucket.com/home/Spydette/index

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    Nice!

Just be aware that blue lights in the front of a vehicle might get you a ticket if you use them while driving.

Looks really good though!
    In Oklahoma the blue lights are legal as long as they are not flashing, found that out the hard way,,,, i lost a $100 dollar bet, an OHP officer settled it.

This is what i did to my bike, the blue leds are halos only, have not been pulled over yet

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Accent only

I ran the amber on the bottom skidplate exsposed. All the blue are mounted inside and only illuminates out the holes. I just added HID lights, when there on you don't see anything but headlights. And you are correct about the flashing. No Red/Blue flashing. I ride with the PGR and we're allowed to run white and amber flashing..

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Nice mods, but one question?

Teddy wanted to know what a VCR was???

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican View Post
    In Oklahoma the blue lights are legal as long as they are not flashing, found that out the hard way,,,, i lost a $100 dollar bet, an OHP officer settled it.

Read the law again; Then get your $100 back.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Read the law again; Then get your $100 back.
    Whaaaattt??????
    I would love to do that, i did not read the law, we just asked a state trooper that we know, i'm gonna look in to that.

Spyder Garage

Default Blue Lights

Great work wirth your projects.
    Don't even think about coming to GA. Blue lights were outlawed about 4 or 5 years ago. I didn't get a ticket, but was stopped by a State Trooper who suggested I take the stop light covers off my HD Dyna. The lenses had little round blue dots in the middle. I thanked the nice man and did as he suggested.
    Tuck

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue Lighted Outlaw

Do you mean they want allow ground effect lighting. I do know that they frown on neon lighting under cars around here. They say it's a distraction. I say it's recognition. "I saw him".. instead of "I Didn't See Him".. The good thing is they are all on a seperate curciut and toggled so they can be turned off in a flash of a red light..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What i don't get is why they sell the lights at pep boys and other auto patrs stores if they are illegal to use!
    I will check the laws!

Spyder Garage

Each state makes it's own laws. It's up to us to know them when we visit. Just think if we only had to follow our own state laws!! Helmet no helmet Can use or can't use radar detectors. to name a few. At least the feds control some of it otherwise we wouldn't travelling state to state like we do. Imagine going thru customs for every state you travel to.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What i don't get is why they sell the lights at pep boys and other auto patrs stores if they are illegal to use!
    I will check the laws!
    I don't think there against the law to have. They started out and are still used for parking lot get-togethers and see who is Kewl! But it is mainly at the discretion of the LEO who is on duty..But I personally feel as long as they don't plhash, then it should be jusss fine..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bright is right

I didn't realize just how much light these things put out...Definately don't need to have accent lights on.

HID 004.jpgHID 001.jpg

HID 003.jpg

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I will check the laws!
    Your dealer will gladly sell you a Hindle Muffler, But they're not legal for street use.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Your dealer will gladly sell you a Hindle Muffler, But they're not legal for street use.
    Ha ha ha,,, i guess you are correct

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RT A&C.. with the Limited Look

I installed new HID lights. While taking the headlight housing out, I found a vacant plug not being used. So I started digging, seems it's for the blue 5led's on the Limited. I removed the cover plate, found a stem located in the middle with 2 posts on each side. I drilled out the center post w/3/16 bit to run wire. Drilling a 1/32 hole in one of the side post I installed a 4led pod. The opposite post has a dimple which fit right in the hole of the led base, I applied Emblem adhesive to this side. Cost was $5.00 and 2 dabs of Black ATV silicone & Adhesive.. 1 1/2hrs of my time.Couple cigars, several cups coffee, and scratchin my noggin!. Instead of wiring them to the headlight, I chose to place them on the switched lights for accent. Don't want to give any excuse to pull over for running blue lights on the front. Sorry for the quality of pics

Limited Lighting 005.jpg
    Limited Lighting 003.jpgLimited Lighting 001.jpg
    Limited Lighting 002.jpg
    Last edited by Schnauzer; 10-24-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: add pics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looking great!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally night pics

Well the front is all done. Now need to do some work on the back. Sorta leaning towards red leds. any oppinions..

Limited Lighting 008.jpgLimited Lighting 006.jpgLimited Lighting 007.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That blue shining from behind the light cover looks nice!! I hope my turns out like that!!

Schnauzer is going to be putting some led's on my bike so I'm excited. I went with the stingerz st5 kit but whatever tricks schnauzer is doing with those small LEDs are looking good

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I HOPE YOU GUYS KNOW THAT BLUE RUNNING LIGHTS ARE ILLEGAL IN ALL 50 STATES AND IN OREGON WILL GET YOU A $450. FINE.