Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 LastLast
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Spydeb View Post
    Thanks for sharing something so personal and dear. It makes me thankful that I never had to make those kind of decisions as a parent. Although your sister is blessed in heaven we are very blessed your mother was able to go on and have you. What a joy you and Teddy and your adventures bring to others.
    You know, I count myself very Blessed to have been bitten by the SpYder bug when I did. Without the SpYder, and Lamonts great mind in dreaming up this forum for all of us to share our experiences, I never would have known the Joy that just chronicalling our Adventures would bring to so many people, all over the world even. My sis was blessed in one way & Teddy & I in another.

Spyder Garage

Unhappy We tried fixing the broken wing, but with no luck

The break is of course, at the weakest part of the part, and the epoxy we tried won't be enough to work. My buddy just told me, after it sitting & curing in grips over night, when he took them off this morning, there was too much wiggle room. I'm sad, but lucky, cause it IS just a wing & it could have been much worse.

Spyder Garage

Cool Its 46 degrees & the suns out, Teddy's geared up for a nice ryde

Spyder Garage

Question Cincy area Spyder Ryders Group Ryde this Saturday 2-5pm Sunny & in the 50s

Who's joining the party?

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Have you ever gone to a dog park after 2 straight days of raining?

You know, sometimes, I really have to question my judgement. With all the rain we've been dealing with, Teddy has been getting a little bit of cabin fever being hold up in the condo with me & his pet cat, without having the release of energy that he usually expells when we go to the lil park at the river & play fetch for hours. So, we took a ryde out to my buddys house yesterday & helped him put up Christmas decorations for a little while. We left around 4:30 & I thought since we were right by the dog-park, we should stop by to let the lil guy run around & play some with the other dogs. Mind you, we don't do the dog parks on a regular basis, cause Teddy doesn't believe HE IS A DOG? He usually ignores the other dogs & you can tell he gets upset when they try to "introduce" themselves to him. He usually just wants to run like crazy & play fetch, but when another dog tries to get involved, he just gives up & wants me to hold him. Well yesterday, let me to you, there was none of that going on!

For those of you that are unaware, durring the warmer months, I keep Teddy shaved down, all except for his mow-hawk of course. But in the colder months, like now, I allow his coat to grow out. Well, put a long haired hyper dog in a dog park after 2 straight days of rain & see what color of dog emerges for yourself Not only was he coverred , but the front of my thermo-suit was also covered, not to mention ALL of his ryding area on the rear of the SpYder.

Spyder Garage

I hate when that happens also .............can we all say "DOGGY BATH TIME while Teddy says

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

DirtyDog! We can relate. Kiddo snuck under the fence and got in with the cows in the pasture next door. They chased her back into the yard,but she had acquired a unique *aroma* from running thru their "pies". Had to scrub her little feetsies before she could even venture in the house, much

less her SpyderHut.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    I hate when that happens also .............can we all say "DOGGY BATH TIME while Teddy says
    Yup, & lucky me, he isn't a fan of bath-time

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    DirtyDog! We can relate. Kiddo snuck under the fence and got in with the cows in the pasture next door. They chased her back into the yard,but she had acquired a unique *aroma* from running thru their "pies". Had to scrub her little feetsies before she could even venture in the house, much less her SpyderHut.
    Oh yeah, Teddy "LOVES" to find where deer have marked and he just goes crazy roll'n in it & EEEEKKKKKKK!!!!! I luv him, but not what he smells like after a roll-in-the-flavored-hay

Spyder Garage

Question WOW, Sunny & HIGH 50's & I can't seem to get any other Cincy Riders Motivated

Meeting at the 4th St. Speedway in Covington at 1pm today, right off the I75 bridge at 2pm. Hope to see many other SpYder Ryders their. Will be done before dark. C'mon people, & Lets RYDE
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-03-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Spyder Garage

we're meeting at 2pm today

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Ugh!!! To be the ones to call a group ryde & we had to cancel

This past Saturday in the Cincy area & we had dry roads, sunny & a high almost in the 60's. You couldn't ask for much better, considering it IS the first week of December. So Teddy & I tried our best to get a group ryde together, but out of 16 or so local ryders, we could only get 2 others to go along. (Thanks Stan & Coz)

We were going to meet at 2pm & do a couple hour ryde out to Rabbit Hash, that way, everyone could make it back home before it got dark, which is right around 5:15 or so around these parts. Well, we met up with my best friend at Boone Woods Park so we could play a quick game of Disc Golf before we had to meet up with our fellow SpYder Ryders. Sadly, upon entering the park, we went over a speed bump at no more than 10 mph & our wind-shield broke & was laying atop the top dash & our Garmin. I was in shock

I had never experienced this before, nor had I read anything about the adjusting arm breaking here on SpYderLovers, but that was an oversight. Once I did a search, I found a thread where about a dozen others have experienced this exact same failure. Ugh!,!

After I talked with Coz & explained our problem, he understood why we couldn't make the group ryde. I asked him to pass the info on to Stan & that if they wanted to still get together for a ryde, then they should. After our round of disc-golf, we went back to my buddies house & proceeded to come up with a temporary fix so that we could make it home & still ryde in comfort while we get a new arm ordered from Middletown Cycle. Frustrating day it was, but with a simple hose-clamp, we came up with a easy fix that works really well, at least for now

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Glad to see your temporary fix. May have to add a large hose clamp to the junk in the trunk just in case... Sorry you had a problem. Will be interested to hear the final outcome.

For those of us who've not had the problem, you might register a complaint with NHTSA ( http://www.nhtsa.gov/ ) so they'll have a record. May eventually cause BRP to do a recall, which seems prudent since we are seeing multiple cases of this problem now.

Thanks
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Glad to see your temporary fix. May have to add a large hose clamp to the junk in the trunk just in case... Sorry you had a problem. Will be interested to hear the final outcome.

For those of us who've not had the problem, you might register a complaint with NHTSA ( http://www.nhtsa.gov/ ) so they'll have a record. May eventually cause BRP to do a recall, which seems prudent since we are seeing multiple cases of this problem now.

Thanks
    A zip-tie will work, too. Many of us already carry those in our emergency stash.

Not sure this poses such a significant safety issue that the NHTSA would have to be involved. It would be surprising, but it doesn't appear to immediately endanger the rider. The rider should be wearing eye protection, anyway. JMHO
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Post Not sure wire ties would work Scotty, we tried but they will slip off

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    A zip-tie will work, too. Many of us already carry those in our emergency stash.

Not sure this poses such a significant safety issue that the NHTSA would have to be involved. It would be surprising, but it doesn't appear to immediately endanger the rider. The rider should be wearing eye protection, anyway. JMHO
    The metal part that you need to "tie" together is raised in the center and lower on both sides. When we tried wire ties, they just slipped off the sides.

I don't think the NHTSA really needs to be involved, but if you were at a high speed & hit a bump & it broke, I could totally see where it could cause an accident. But the crack is obvious to see, so if you check it as part of your pre-ryde inspection, you should be fine, IMHO

Spyder Garage

Talking Pics of Teddy wearing his winter coat.... Not shaved any more, fuzzy wuzzy he is

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Angry Teddy was beg'n to ryde when I got home from work today

As soon as I walked in the front door, I could hear him upstairs litterally bouncing off the walls & howling like a lil wolf baying at the moon. Sadly, its much colder today, 36 degrees & misting. Not really raining, just low cloud cover, gray, blah, cold & wet. I tried appeasing him in other ways, but the pup was jones'n for his SpYder fix & wouldn't calm down until he was geared up & in his seat on the SpYder. I took him out for a short 15 minute ryde around town. I went to stop by StrasseDog (1 of his favorite haunts) but sadly, at 3pm on a Tuesday, they don't open til later. He got upset when I didn't stop

I feel so bad that the weather has been so yucky for so long, & the pup just wants to ryde
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 12-06-2011 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    As soon as I walked in the front door, I could hear him upstairs litterally bouncing off the walls & howling like a lil wolf baying at the moon. Sadly, its much colder today, 36 degrees & misting. Not really raining, just low cloud cover, gray, blah, cold & wet. I tried appeasing him in other ways, but the pup was jones'n for his SpYder fix & wouldn't calm down until he was geared up & in his seat on the SpYder. I took him out for a short 15 minute ryde around town. I went to stop by StrasseDog (1 of his favorite haunts) but sadly, at 3pm on a Tuesday, they don't open til later. He got upset when I didn't stop

I feel so bad that the weather has been so yucky for so long, & the pup just wants to ryde
    Teddy has you well trained, Dave!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Talking No doubt about that, Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Teddy has you well trained, Dave!
    Thats the funny part about owning a dog. We think us humans are so smart & in control, when in actuality, our pets have us wrapped around their lil paws. I think it has something to do with all that unconditional love that they give us in return & allowing us to "think" we're the ones in control

Spyder Garage

Cool Evidence of above

Spyder Garage

Exclamation Ok, so the rain & drizzle has finally stopped

We've broken every historical record for rainfall in the Cincinnati Metro area & Teddy & I are glad to see it finally stop, albiet for only a couple of days before we get some more

Ive started clearing out the garage so I have more room to move around, cause I just found another thread here on SpyderLovers about another issue many of the RTs are having & it needs checked into. Seems BRP has an issue with the motor mounts on the RTs not having enough clearance from a weld seem, & when the motor is vibrating under normal use, it can rub against the weld seem causing slight vibrations, not to mention the potential for future problems. BRP has a fix, shims for the mounts, tho they are as of now on back order with no known availability date. And the procedural fix seems to be very labor intensive & a real PITA! with having to basically disassemble the entire byke & lifting the engine to place the shims at the mounts I'm not sure how many RTs in all are involved, you can do a search as the original poster did list some build dates. On his, he said he only had enough space between the mount & weld seem to get a regular peice of paper thru. When he tried a normal business card, it wouldn't make it. So at least we have a somewhat good way of checking our machines..

I was actually sweating a little bit when I finally got to work. No electric gear, just the FirstGear Thermo Suit, full face helmet, work boots w/thick socks, winter gloves & thats it. Having that full shield to block most the wind turbulance & the heated grips of the RT, & I'm good to go Like anything in life, its not a problem as long as your prepaired

This morning, it was 27 degrees on the ryde in to work & for a change, it was nice & dryIts suppose to be mostly sunny with a few overcast clouds today & a high around 42. At least Teddy will be able to go for a ryde when I get home from work today. You'd think with it so cold this morning, that I woulda been freezing on my morning ryde, but you'd be wrong.

Spyder Garage

Cool Look what Teds Red Sled was showing today - This is not photo-shopped

Spyder Garage