Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Teddy's such a fashion plate..........

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Cool Yeah, he's a poser, thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    Teddy's such a fashion plate..........
    IMG_20110910_160724.jpg

Spyder Garage

Not to change the subject but I haven't seen Teddy on the web lately ..............I quess that he has been to busy

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Angry OUCH! !!

Nothing to do with the Spyder, but I fractured a rib today. If you've ever fractured one yourself, you know the feeling & there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I've never had a broken bone before, but I have fractured this same rib 11 years ago while tubing on Brooksville Lake in Indiana. As soon as I did it, I remembered that gnawing, aching feeling all to well. You don't want to breath deeply, cause as air fills your lungs, it puts more pressure on the injured rib, causing discomfort. It was just a stupid accident while I was playing with Teddy at the park. He's just fine, tho he can sense my discomfort, but he just doesn't understand an internal injury. He usually likes laying & sleeping on my chest/stomach, but thats just too uncomfortable right now. He doesn't understand why I keep pushing him down to my legs & he keeps trying to get back into his usual spot. Ugh, trying to sleep is going to be fun. As long as I can get some & be awake enough in the morning for work, its not gonna stop me from ryding, thats for sure

Spyder Garage

Ouch, Dave! I sympathize. I have been there a few times myself...once I broke one kick starting a Honda 305 Scrambler, of all the dumb ways to do it. The docs don't wrap or tape them anymore or recommend a rib belt, but if you can find a rib belt or a long & wide ACE bandage, it helps, IMO. Maybe it does nothing for the rib, but it reduces the pain and provides some padding. Of course the doctor may hunt me down and shoot me for giving that advice. I suppose he doesn't believe in castor oil, either. Takes a few weeks to heal...provided you don't keep cracking it. Take it easy. I hope it doesn't hurt too much to ride.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

MOgang Member & Monster Member

Spyder Garage

Hope you heal in time for the KY Lake Ride! Sounds painful.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Nothing to do with the Spyder, but I fractured a rib today. If you've ever fractured one yourself, you know the feeling & there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I've never had a broken bone before, but I have fractured this same rib 11 years ago while tubing on Brooksville Lake in Indiana. As soon as I did it, I remembered that gnawing, aching feeling all to well. You don't want to breath deeply, cause as air fills your lungs, it puts more pressure on the injured rib, causing discomfort. It was just a stupid accident while I was playing with Teddy at the park. He's just fine, tho he can sense my discomfort, but he just doesn't understand an internal injury. He usually likes laying & sleeping on my chest/stomach, but thats just too uncomfortable right now. He doesn't understand why I keep pushing him down to my legs & he keeps trying to get back into his usual spot. Ugh, trying to sleep is going to be fun. As long as I can get some & be awake enough in the morning for work, its not gonna stop me from ryding, thats for sure
    Sorry to hear about your mishap and I'm glad you're still able to ryde. But, something to think about might be, "what if it had been worse?" Perhaps you should reconsider whether to get rid of your car, "just in case."

Spyder Garage

Exclamation That same thought went through my head about an hour ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Sorry to hear about your mishap and I'm glad you're still able to ryde. But, something to think about might be, "what if it had been worse?" Perhaps you should reconsider whether to get rid of your car, "just in case."
    And since the car is a manual, I'm not so sure how much of a positive it would be to have, just in case. An auto would be a no-brainer to keep. But, since this is what I have & its paid for, I'm just going to keep it for now & keep sinking $$ into it "JUST IN CASE"

Spyder Garage

Default Took Teddy for a ryde thru the park yesterday

Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-14-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: added video

Spyder Garage

Talking YouTube video of Teddy Ryde'n his SpYder

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Very cool. Teddy sure leads the best life!

Spyder Garage

Talking No doubt, Im one lucky guy··· I love this dog

Quote Originally Posted by SnoWhite View Post
    Very cool. Teddy sure leads the best life!
    Where we live, there's a little German style village called Mainstrasse Village, & this past weekend was their Oktoberfest Festival. I walked down with Teddy & got stopped by every cop their, cause dogs aren't allowed because food is served (Stupid law/policy) so I had to pick him up everytime & show them his service-dog tags, to which they were pleasantly surprised & then invited us to continue unabated, until of course, we ran into the next cop about a hundred yards down, & we'd have to go thru it all again & this happened at least 6 times. I always keep his tags on his harness, but since he's so small, no one can see them from a standing position. Well, needless to say, Teddy was a hit as usual & if I had wanted, he woulda got me (oh yeah, family forum. . . . Hmmmmmmmmmm ) lets just say, there were many intoxicated ladies there & I had more than 3 propositions to. . . . Lets say, "entertain" them

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oh sure, blame it on Teddy...well he is a chick magnet.

Btw, how are your ribs doing lately?

Spyder Garage

Talking Teddy play'n fetch again

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Teddy went with me to the doctors yesterday

2011-09-15 16.34.30.jpg2011-09-15 16.34.19.jpg2011-09-15 16.34.10-1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SnoWhite View Post
    Btw, how are your ribs doing lately?
    Luckily, I can tell its only 1 rib that I fractured (same as last time) so its not too bad. Just hurts when I try to breath deep & forget about sneezing OMG!!!! I thought I'd be able to deal with it, without medical intervention, but not being able to sleep made me reasses that position. I usually sleep on my right side & the bottom right rib is the one I broke. Needless to say, I've gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep in the past 4 days &
    I'm just about worthless right now. So Teddy was nice enough to go with me to my doctors yesterday & she gave me some pain meds to help knock me out at bedtime so I can get some much needed sleep. I feel bad for Teddy, cause he just doesn't understand why he can't sleep (laying on top of me) as usual. I keep tossing & turning trying to get "somewhat" comfortable & he finally gets frustrated & gives up & goes to his doggy bed to sleep poor lil guy
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-16-2011 at 07:58 AM.

arntufun

Where we live, there's a little German style village called Mainstrasse Village, & this past weekend was their Oktoberfest Festival. I walked down with Teddy & got stopped by every cop their, cause dogs aren't allowed because food is served (Stupid law/policy) so I had to pick him up everytime & show them his service-dog tags, to which they were pleasantly surprised & then invited us to continue unabated, until of course, we ran into the next cop about a hundred yards down, & we'd have to go thru it all again & this happened at least 6 times. I always keep his tags on his harness, but since he's so small, no one can see them from a standing position. Well, needless to say, Teddy was a hit as usual & if I had wanted, he woulda got me (oh yeah, family forum. . . . Hmmmmmmmmmm ) lets just say, there were many intoxicated ladies there & I had more than 3 propositions to. . . . Lets say, "entertain" them

Dave I hope you feel better soon my friend. You tell with great detail of your adventures with Teddy, and now I feel short changed with the above text in bold. Iquireing minds want to know.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up WOW, what a way to start the day

Well, I got a little sleep last night, but not much. It was cold this morning, I think around 48F...... brrrrrr. I actually thought about breaking out my Firstgear Thermo Ryding suit, but since its suppose to warm up to almost 70F I decided against it. I can't believe its already time for cold-weather gear but such is lyfe in the mid-west, makes me miss Florida more & more. I just wished I had worn my full-face helmet or at least could have found my ear muffs, as my ears got pretty chilly. Its only a 19 mile ryde (all Interstate) in to work, so its not bad at all. Teddy took his time going potty this morning, so I didn't have time for breakfast at home & decided to run thru the drive-thru on the way in. I ordered my usual, and while I was in line waiting, I noticed the "vanity plate" of the car in front of me & it said 'ALL N HIM' which I didn't get the meaning at first, til I noticed the plate frame advertising St.X. Some of you that follow college basketball may be aware of Xavier University here in Cincinnati, as its awell known Catholic University. Once I saw this, it clicked. ALL N HIM, their belief in GOD "I,m assuming" & i thought to myself, ok, cool.

The lady in the car ahead of me got her order & off she went, my turn at the window. I pull up, the window opens & I go to hand the cashier my $5 bill, but she doesn't take it & instead, hands me my bagged order & tells me, "Baby, you've been blessed today, the lady in the car that just left said she really liked your byke & that she wanted to pay for your order & to tell you that you've been blessed, so you keep warm now, & have a Blessed Day baby."
    Wow...... Ummmmmmmmm...... ok, then..... Thank You. I was a little surprised, cause this has happened a few times now, but its always been with Teddy being with me. This was the first time its ever happened without him So, Im having a Blessed day & hope that YOU do as well
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-16-2011 at 12:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't know Teddy was a service dog. What qualifies him as one?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If the plate frame mentioned St. X that was St. Xavier the High School.

The university is just Xavier University.

Same Xavier though.

Spyder Garage

Red face But its a "Family Forum". Are you try'n to get me kicked off too????

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    Dave I hope you feel better soon my friend. You tell with great detail of your adventures with Teddy, and now I feel short changed with the above text in bold. Iquireing minds want to know.
    Just kid'n, sorry, but I couldn't resist a lil jabbing & rehashing. You want details, huh? Well, there really aren't any worth posting, but I'll still induldge you a little, so here goes.

Usually, if I take Teddy to these types of events, Ive learned its best to go durring the daylight hours, so Teddy is more visible (BLACK dog) & less likely to get trampled. But we went at night, around 11pm & it was packed with ppl everywhere & being a German Festival, just about everyone had a stein (or2) of beer in their hands. So, needless to say, there were many intoxicated party goers literally dancing in the streets. And yes, Teddy is definitely a chick magnet. Girl after girl was in awww of the lil dog with the Bright Red Mow-hawk.

This first encounter was with a buxom blond that had bright Red lipstick and was wearing one of those really short skirts (not that I noticed ---- yeah, right-lol) As soon as she saw Teddy, she let out a high pitched SQUEAL, "OMG, that's the coolest dog ever!!!!" Oh, here we go again, I thought to myself. Yup, she said something to the female friend she was with & then made her way through the crowd & over to Teddy & I. I could tell right away she was pretty intoxicated & she was a VERY LOVING DRUNK. You know how some ppl are mean drunks, dumb drunks or just pass out, well lucky me, She was the touchy feely type of drunk. She just couldn't believe Teddy's mow-hawk was real & she kept petting his head & feeling it. She got disappointed when I told her she couldn't hold him (he only allows me to hold him) and she started hugging me instead. Tho, to be honest, i wasn't sure if she was hugging me or trying to hold herself up (lol) She asked where Teddy's "mom" was, wryly asking if I had a wife or girlfriend, I think. When I replied I was single, so it was just him & I, she replied "Well not tonight, cause I'm going home with you." When I explained that I was flattered, but not interested, she seemed hurt. But when Teddy started licking her face, she was back to being happy. Luckily for us, another drunken bystander overheard & quickly came to our rescue & offered to help the intoxicated lady out. When he started talking to her, that's when we made our escape into the crowd. I'm pretty sure that guy had a fun night

So, after that, we make our way to our next encounter.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-17-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up The second encounter of the Festival

The 2nd encounter was not long from the first. This time, it was 2 highly intoxicated girlfriends that just fell in love with Teddy. And when I showed them pics of him with his doggles on, ryding his Spyder, it was game over. They both wanted to come back to our place to see his byke & to go for a ryde. If I was in the market for a relationship, it would have been very easy with Teddy at my side. Sadly, at this time in my life, I can't afford to be in a relationship, so I just pass and enjoy my Spydering time with the Tedster & all the new friends we make along the way in our Adventures

So, as a said before, not much really to write about, but I told ya that I would endulge you a bit
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-18-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Wink Hey Anne, sorry to be so slow to respond, but here ya go

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I didn't know Teddy was a service dog. What qualifies him as one?
    We both went thru training for him to be a Therapy Dog so we can go to day-cares & senior homes & let them all enjoy the Tedsters loving character. Its kinda funny tho, cause he thinks he's supposed to schmooze with EVERYONE he meets, even when we're just out for a walk. But it is great, especially with the older folks, cause many of them act just like they were kids again when they see Teddy strut'n in & doing his tricks. It always gives me that warm fuzzy feeling to see that. But its sad when we leave, cause we never know if they will still be their on our next visit, cause they might be too ill, or they may have ultimately gone home But I felt it just wasn't right to keep all the joy that Teddy brings all to myself. Anything that is GREAT in life is made even better when shared

Spyder Garage

Red face DUDE***YOUR SIG. PIC***THAT'S JUST WRONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arntufun View Post
    HAS HOLLY SEEN IT?

Spyder Garage

Talking Got caught in the rain yesterday

Ok, so I'm pretty sure I'm a redneck After I got home from work yesterday (19 mile ryde in the rain) I started to dry off Teds Red Sled using the shamois that I keep handy for just such an occasion, when I thought to myself, "Surely theres a more effecient way to go about this." Since I was in the garage, I looked around for inspiration & it was staring right at me. My favorite car wash has a bay set-up for bikes & has a blower rigt in the wash bay so that you can blow-dry yourbike before ever moving it from the wassh bay. When I looked on the wall of my garage, I saw the leaf blower & tadah, redneck inginuity at its best. Withen 10 minutes, Teds Red Sled was nice & dry, even under the windshield mounts that are impossible to get to with a towel & it looked good. Just thought I'd share my RedNeck moment with y'all Get'R'Done!