Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking Teddy's New Adventures

4/18/11*59F*Overcast with chance of Thunderstorms everyday this week.

I was asked not to post anything about Teddy get'n his NEW 2011 Viper Red SpYderFest Special Edition #0001 RT-S until now. So that's why on Teddy's original thread, I was kinda drop'n hints about it, and saying I needed to stop that thread, cause that one was about his Adventures on his 2010 and now he has . Sorry to mislead y'all, but was doing as asked, but Len from Cowtown gave me the go-ahead to let the cat outta the bag, so to speak.

I'll post pics when i get home today, but WOW, IS TEDDYS NEW RYDE A BEAUTIFUL BYKE!!! Absolutely AMAZING!!!

And those Elka Shocks are AWESOME!!! I can't give you a comparison to the stock 2011 shocks, as I never rode the in stock form, just the way I received it from Cowtown with all the added mods & Elkas already installed. But what a difference from the 2010. I knew from reading reviews on here that I needed to upgrade the 2010 shocks, but in planning this, I didn't want to throw $$ away on mods that I knew I was going to be trading in
    I can't tell you how HAPPY I am to have the privilege of driving Teddy around on his new And as others have already stated about attention, yeah, I don't know how, but I'm sure Teddy's NEW RYDE will draw even more attention than his Timeless Black If that's even possible.

Teddy had a blast on his trip to Cuba & meet'n almost the entire MO-Gang, not to mention Len & his family at Cowtown. Anything good you've heard about COWTOWN, doesn't compare to the personal & exceptional service that they provide. I thought it was kinda crazy when Sara told me that they had a guy fly in from Wisconsin (or somewhere) to buy a Spyder from them & then Ryde it all the way back home & I thought Teddy & I had a road-trip there & back but nothing compared to that guy But I'm sure it was worth it for him, as I would do it all over again in a HEARTBEAT!

I'm sure most of you seen or heard about the devastating weather the mid-west was having for our lil road-trip down, and yes, I do have regrets on that front. TEDDYS handled the rain and weather just fine, but when left around 6am, our Cincy weather was almost 60F & get'n cloudy, & I knew we were going into storms, but i thought my 1stGear Thermo Ryde'n suit would be too warm, so I wore my protective rain gear But sadly, it went from almost 60 here, to 42F along our route and 42F with pouring down rain isn't fun if you get cold, which I did. I kept thinking as my teeth were chattering, "Fool, you shoulda wore the suit & you'd be HAPPY as a lark right now instead of freezing & chattering your teeth." Lesson Learned.

Teddy stayed dry & nice & toasty, as I did gear him up in his Seira Dog Winter Ryde'n suit & also his enclosed carrier. He does't much care for that carrier being enclosed, but it did keep him nice & dry, and on the return trip, it got up in the 70'sF and sunny, so I unzipped the top, and he was a HAPPY CAMPER again.

We made it back to my best friends house in Burlington around 4:30pm last night so his 8yo daughter (We missed her Bday Sat.) could see TEDDYS new . For her Bday, I bought her & her father matching Bluetooth Helmets so that once he gets his temps, he can take her out for a nice Ryde or two. They both love the & she's ridden with me a couple times around the neighborhood, so I figured they both need to Ryde, and eventually I can see doug get'n his own once he gets his life in order to do so

It's amazing how one machine can elicit so many wonderful emotional responses and bring so many ppl together I know this is a family oriented forum, so I'll just say that the has elicited more than just "Emotional" responses from me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-19-2011 at 03:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

OK....now you know you (I mean Teddy) can't make a post like this without Pics.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

-Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Talking

BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations Teddy on your new VYper Red!!

This weekend it was a balmy 78' where my dog house is.

Spyder Garage

Talking

I promise, pics as soon as I get home today & YES, he does have me well trained
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-19-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

I know all about that infection
    I rode one of my 2wheeled bikes into work today (mainly because it's due for inspection...yes, we still do that here in NC). That will most likely be it's last ride until this time next year.... just NOT the FUN of the Spyder

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Teddy has good taste great looking bike

Spyder Garage

Default Its almost midnight, I should be sleeping

But what are Teddy & I doing, we're gearing up for a quick ryde before the Storms start kicking our butts again. Man oh man, I got it bad. I cant stop myself

Spyder Garage

Hummmm..... I'm thinking.......

What would Teddy look like with a VIPER RED Mohawk rather than blond?

Spyder Garage

Talking PMMDI

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Hummmm..... I'm thinking.......
    What would Teddy look like with a VIPER RED Mohawk rather than blond?
    I was kinda Wondering the Same thing but see'n as I'm not a hair-guy (Cosmotoligist or whatever) I don't think its gonna happen
    Tho I think it would Look Even Better
    Don't be blaming me
    (I didnt see the Phil Made Me Do It smiley)

Spyder Garage

There was a Viper Red RTS. Sitting on the showroom floor when I bought my Mag Silver RTS SE 5 I fell in love with the mag color the first time I saw it. I looked very hard and long at the Viper Red one but decided to go with my first impression. I still go out to look at it several times every night to make sure it's still in my garage, I love that mag color.

very happy owner of a mag silver RTS SE 5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hi was wondering if you could help us find a pet carrier for our little oscar whats a good one..

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up 4/24/11*65F* Ditto Yesterday

Still helping my friend paint, been ryding back & forth cause Teddy & I have just been spending the night, as we dont usually get done painting a room til around 11pm or so, so just as easy to spend the night & go home for a couple hours in the morning to feed the cat, chinchilla & fish & shower & stuff. On our way back to Hebron to work on some more painting & I pulled up Scotty's directions on wiring Teddy's Moto-Mate Camper to his NEW . Thanks again Scotty

As for carriers, there are many out there. You just need to find one that works for your pet. There are numerous way to attatch them to the . Ive found a couple that I use at Pets Mart, but as many are aware, there are unlimited numbers listed on the Net & Ebay. Just make sure you get a carrier that is large enough for your pet to stand, lay & move around a little bit, otherwise, its likely your pet will get turned off to ryding and wont want to do it. Hope this helps some, & good luck

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave, did I read that you changed out the shocks on your new scoot? I think I read where BRP upgraded the 2011 shocks from the 2010. If you did, I wonder why....and are the Elka better than the OEM 2011??

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Talking 4/25/11*68F*Rainy off & on all day.... We Still Rode

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED 1 View Post
    Dave, did I read that you changed out the shocks on your new scoot? I think I read where BRP upgraded the 2011 shocks from the 2010. If you did, I wonder why....and are the Elka better than the OEM 2011??

George, Teddy didn't get a regular 2011 RT-S, he got a Limited (#1 out of 6) Edition SpYderFEST version RT-S SE5 in Viper Red made by Len & the other Great Folks at Cowtown USA in Cuba MO, Home of the 2011 SpYderFEST!!! On these Limited Edition SpYderFEST Spyder's, they all started as RT-S bases and then they added choice After Market Upgrades from SpyderLovers Vendors. One of those upgrades, were the Elka Shocks. From my understanding, the 2011 upgraded STOCK OEM Shocks, are much improved from the 2010. Ive no experience with them, so I can't coment, sorry. All I can say, is that TEDDY LOVES HIS ELKA's (Thanks Len)My guess, the 2011's should be fine for most. But Teddy, You know he warrants the BEST and we're REALLY LOVING HIS New 2011

We got the Camper out today and are going thru (with the help of my best friend & Scotty's directions) the arguous process of adding running/drive lights to the Moto-Mate Camper, adding the Garmin GPS to the dash, disconnected the analogue gauges so they show up on the LCD, I like it much better that way.
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 04-24-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Spyder Garage

Question 4/25/11*61F*ThunderStorms*Still rode in this morning

To excited to sleep last night. Bone tired from a 3 day weekend of non-stop painting, and most the day yesterday was spent try'n to make what I got work with what I have & what I need/want when it comes to TEDDYS New & Moto-Mate Camper

If you look thru my new pics of Teds Red Sled, you will notice a nice set of ESI Scuff Guards/Highway pegs. The nice black & silver ones that fit right over the lower wind deflectors on the RT Before I knew about Teddy going behind my back & ordering his new , I had ordered a set of these for TEDDYS 2010 RT-S and I still have them sitting in a bag back home. Teds new Red Sled came with this mod already on it, so they are an extra set that I don't need anymore. If someone wants them for $75, I can bring them with us to SpYderFest & we can exchange there. Anyone interested?

Spyder Garage

Teddy (and Dave).... Thanks for making us smile while we were in MV. For all to know, Tedster stole the show wherever he was.

BEST OF ALL he got total approval from my bride . Now... Time for healing...

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Red face Sorry, photos to come, hopefully tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Teddy (and Dave).... Thanks for making us smile while we were in MV. For all to know, Tedster stole the show wherever he was. BEST OF ALL he got total approval from my bride . Now... Time for healing...
    Phil, it was great to meet YOU & your WONDERFUL WIFE I think Teddy was as taken with her as she was with him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been try'n to upload pics & vids from the weekend festivities, but it seems I've overloaded my computer & have run out of memory On the road from the Cherokee CampGround back to the Maggie Valley fairgrounds, the Memorial Ryde came right by us, so we stopped on the mountain road, & I video'd all the Ryders passing by us, many giving us the thumbs up was a GREAT site to see for an even Greater cause

As soon as I get my memory issues resolved, I'll get them uploaded to share with all of you

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 6/21/11

Technology can be good, and it can also be a What's the worse text message you've ever gotten I got one that floored me yesterday, it started out, "I should not tell you this thru text, but it is too hard in person." It's very private & nothing to do with Spyders or Teddy, so I won't go into here, just not the place

I'll just say, it has my stress & anxiety levels at all time highs right now. The last time I dealt with this much anxiety was back in '99 when I lived in Clearwater Florida, caring for my ill mother. She loved the ocean & beach, so I would often take her down to the pier at the Dunedin Yacht Club, & she would fish. The last time we were there, she had what they call a mini-stroke, right there in front of me. She didn't fall down or anything like that. She was just sitting next to me with her rod in hand, & we were talking, and it hit her. The left side of her face, eyes & mouth kinda went droopy, her words started becoming incoherent, slurred, almost as if she was drunk. I'm not sure if she could tell it or not, she kept on trying to talk to me. All I could do was hold her, tell her I loved her, & it would be ok. It hurt so bad to love someone so much & not be able to do a damn thing to help them.

Sorry, my heads not in this right now guys. Teddy is ok, took him back to vet yesterday, incision is a little open, but not bleeding or swollen. Vet gave me some more anti-biotics to make sure he doesn't get it infected. My home pc is still down, so I still can't upload pics yet, sorry. They will come....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Talking 6/22/11*73F*Welcoming a New SpYderLover to the world

Ok, I'm a bit better in the head today, at least compared to yesterday
    So, back on the topic of SpYders

Think I told y'all that I hadn't driven my car in at least 3 months & the bettery is now dead Well, the other day, teddy & I was out with my buddy playing disc-golf (Teddy did remarkably well on 3) & he asked if I wouldn't mind driving him to work so he could drop his SUV off at the shop to get needed repairs done. I was excited at 1st, cause this would be the first time I'd actually have a passenger (besides Teddy) on the back seat But when he came to the realization that he'd be Ryde'n BH, I think his male ego kicked in, & he said, "Ummmmmm .... NO" he had me drive his SUV & he drove his moms (who's on vaca in FL) all just so he didn't have to Ryde BH I have to admit, I really don't understand it, I love to Ryde, & granted, I've never been a passenger, but i wouldn't have an issue with it at all, especially on an RT. An RS, I don't think I'd be comfortable without any back protection, but who knows So, while playing, I came to the realization that I'd have to leave TEDDYS at his place, & drive his SUV home that night & to work the next morning, & back to his house after work. I actually had depression at the thought it would be the 1st day I wouldn't be Ryde'n TEDDYS in over 6 months

I know to most of you, this may sound crazy but TEDDYS is my daily driver & I openly admit that I'm addicted I felt guilty that i felt the way I did, but I couldn't help it So, I hadn't driven another vehicle besides my own car in years, & now I was having to go from Ryde'n TEDDYS on a daily basis, to driving my friends Ford Escape SUV & to make things worse, we got caught in a major downpour UGH!!! Not my version of a good time, that's for sure
    I remember it took me at least 10 minutes behind the wheel just to get acclimated to his SUV, tho I never felt comfortable like I do on the

Even tho it was storming like crazy, I had a blast Ryde'n home last night from my friends house

I rode in to work this morning just for 2 hours & now I'm sitting at the hospital waiting for my niece to have her C-Section done at 9:30 & for my Great Nephew to soon be born & welcomed into the world Think she settled on the name Gunner for the lil guy, tho I don't think a 10+pound baby can really be considered all that lil

So far, so good. More updates later

Spyder Garage

Talking Newest SpyderLover

to my great nephew:

Gunner Wayne Garrison
    10 pounds 3 ounces 22 inches long
    Born at 9:36am today

Mom & baby are do'n GREAT!
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 06-22-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Spyder Garage

So great to see!!!

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Talking Work'n on mods

While Teddy Supervises