Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Post Ok, I did it..... GPS wise

Well, I went ahead & pulled the trigger & ordered the Garmin Nuvi 665 GPS. I need it & the 5" LCD for the rear-view system in hand before the fabricator can start working on the custom dash for the RT-S

Once I get them both in, I can take them, along with the extra dash bezel I have, and have the customizer start his magic I'm wanting to do the dash bezel in the vinyl diamond plate as well Think it will really make the custom dash POP against the backdrop of the black plastic surround on the RT

As soon as I get things in, I'll snap a few pics to share & keep y'all that care updated. This is my 1st venture into the modding world, so I hope this goes well

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Sure, I'd appreciate that. He/you can email them to me at CyncySpyder@gmail.com & will keep y'all posted
    Ok, Great I will call the trailer dealer and take some pics for you and e-mail them to you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Ok, Great I will call the trailer dealer and take some pics for you and e-mail them to you.

Spyder Garage

Question Ok, I need some "LIGHT" color suggestions

Work with me here for a minute. Timeless Black RT-S with Diamond Plate mirror finish accents & matching Moto-Mate Camper. I've got the color scheme pretty much figured out, Black & Silver for the most part.

Now I'm looking at all the added lighting that I need to do, and would like to hear others' thoughts that have the colors you chose, how you like it & if you wish you went with the other.

I already have blue glo-ryders on the RT & have a matching set to add to the Camper once I get everything else done.

So far, Main color scheme is black & silver with blue accent lights. So, knowing all this, would you add white or amber additional accents. I'm going to get the fender-tips that can also be linked to your turn signals along with the 2 color fender LEDs & am thinking of going with white instead of amber, but wanted to get some others' opinions on this matter.

Personally, I think the white forward & red rear would look best for the Fender LEDs along with the bright white fender-tips. But see'n as I'm going to make them all blinkers as well, would it be best to go with Amber?

Thoughts, suggestions, pictures???
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 03-01-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Spyder Garage

If you are going to have the lights as signal lights, they will have to meet state requirements. That usually limits you to white or amber facing front, and red or amber facing rear. I would not mix colors (it may not even be legal in some states), that is have either all amber or all white for front signals, amber signals for the rear to match the RT, and only red for brake or running lights. BTW, rules are usually even more stringent for trailers, especially for clearance lights. Be careful with anything you add there.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Red face

Thanks Scotty

Looks like I got some more research'n to do

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    Work with me here for a minute. Timeless Black RT-S with Diamond Plate mirror finish accents & matching Moto-Mate Camper. I've got the color scheme pretty much figured out, Black & Silver for the most part.

Now I'm looking at all the added lighting that I need to do, and would like to hear others' thoughts that have the colors you chose, how you like it & if you wish you went with the other.

I already have blue glo-ryders on the RT & have a matching set to add to the Camper once I get everything else done.

So far, Main color scheme is black & silver with blue accent lights. So, knowing all this, would you add white or amber additional accents. I'm going to get the fender-tips that can also be linked to your turn signals along with the 2 color fender LEDs & am thinking of going with white instead of amber, but wanted to get some others' opinions on this matter.

Personally, I think the white forward & red rear would look best for the Fender LEDs along with the bright white fender-tips. But see'n as I'm going to make them all blinkers as well, would it be best to go with Amber?

Thoughts, suggestions, pictures???

Assuming you are using all BRIGHT L.E.D. lights .I would put amber side markers near the front of the trailer and red side markers to the rear of the trailer. If you can have separate turn lights than I would use amber for turn signals as they really stand out when flashing as opposed to all red.If you cannot then I would use red turn signals along with red taillights, I would try to look for really bright rear lights like the ones used on tractor trailers. Also I would put a few red rear marker lights too. I do not know your state laws requiring trailer lighting , I would also arrange lights so that they meet your state laws and all light used conform to your state lighting laws.

Spyder Garage

Hey CyncySpyder, I agree with Scotty's first assesment on the white trailer color being alot cooler in the sun. Add that to your position that the black RTS is difficult to see at certain times of the day or night. I think I would use my paint money to paint the RT pearl white. You may even be able to get a good deal on OEM pearl white panels from a dealer or find someone who may want to trade panels. This is just a different thought to achieve your goals of better visability and matching gear. Dennis

"Stupid is as Stupid does"
    Don't Drink and Drive or Ryde!
    Each Day is a Gift