Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonlawrence View Post
    Musicarcade...off subject but I like your tall tinted windshield. Brand and height (from top to bottom center), please?

Just curious. What was the subject again?

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Red face Your not alone

I've been having the same issue since day 1, may 26 2010. Even on my initial test Ryde, I asked my salesman, whom i was following to the gas station to top her off, about the shift issue & was told that I must have just pushed the shifter wrong, even tho the other 8 times I shifted it was fine. I've lost count how many days it's been in the shop now. 1st time a month, this time a month so far, & I am still waiting. I hope they get yours right. It gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

I miss being out there, but soon .............

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CyncySpyder View Post
    I've been having the same issue since day 1, may 26 2010. Even on my initial test Ryde, I asked my salesman, whom i was following to the gas station to top her off, about the shift issue & was told that I must have just pushed the shifter wrong, even tho the other 8 times I shifted it was fine. I've lost count how many days it's been in the shop now. 1st time a month, this time a month so far, & I am still waiting. I hope they get yours right. It gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

I miss being out there, but soon .............
    It appears they got his right, and put in the new 2nd generation DPS while they were at it. Hopefully you will get the same kind of results very soon.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    It appears they got his right, and put in the new 2nd generation DPS while they were at it. Hopefully you will get the same kind of results very soon.
    Just called the dealership to get an update & come to find out the Service Manager no longer works there

The new service Manager told me he had just opened, has 3 ppl standing in front of him, has no info at this time about my ryde & asked if he could call me back in a few minutes. That was over an hour ago now
    Last edited by CyncySpyder; 09-20-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Forgot a word

Spyder Garage

Just called the dealership to get an update & come to find out the Service Manager no longer works there

The new service Manager told me he had just opened, has 3 ppl standing in front of him, has no info at this time about my ryde & asked if he could call me back in a few minutes. That was over an hour ago now
    I hope you heard back from him sometime today.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Angry Still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I hope you heard back from him sometime today.
    well, that was a week ago & here I am still waiting
    Called yesterday to find out when i could pick her up & was told that they were still working on her, changing the rear shock WTF??? I didn't have any issues with the shocks when I took it in a month ago, but whatever. At this point, I give up.

I'm a very frustrated & sad Spyder Owner that just doesn't have a Spyder

Spyder Garage

well, that was a week ago & here I am still waiting
    Called yesterday to find out when i could pick her up & was told that they were still working on her, changing the rear shock WTF??? I didn't have any issues with the shocks when I took it in a month ago, but whatever. At this point, I give up.

I'm a very frustrated & sad Spyder Owner that just doesn't have a Spyder
    Sorry to here of your plight. My (knock on wood) has been good for about 2000 miles now. I think you need to call Carlo and get your problems rectified.

(knock
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

Unhappy Carlo knows all about it

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    Sorry to here of your plight. My (knock on wood) has been good for about 2000 miles now. I think you need to call Carlo and get your problems rectified.

(knock
    Carlo is in the know, that's for sure. I finally told him I give up, they win. When I asked him for BRP to take this RTS back & that i would buy a new 2011 model that i hopefully wont have these issues with, & he said that wasn't an option. I've contacted an attorney to see what my legal recourse is. This is not what I choose to do, but I can't see making another payment on a byke that I don't even have possession of nor the pleasure of enjoying as it's still in the shop almost 40 days this time so far added to the last shop time, we're talking over 70 days in the shop & that's just since new, May 26 2010 .

Spyder Garage

Default dumb ?

What's SitHs

Spyder Garage

Default Lemon Law

CyncySpyder, check your state for a lemon law.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    What's SitHs
    Spyders in the Smokies, it was held last week in Gatlinburg and the surrounding area.

CyncySpyder, I am very sorry to hear you are still having issues with this dealership holding your Spyder hostage as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Default SITS

Dang, that would have been a good trip. We're planning a trip to the NC mountains when I can ride longer than just local.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Dang, that would have been a good trip. We're planning a trip to the NC mountains when I can ride longer than just local.
    Start getting ready for SpyderFest in Missouri this coming spring.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Check transmission plus engine light

I've gotten the same thing three times now and it scares me spitless as a newb. I've had my Spyder about two and a half months. It seems to happen at the end of a ride, temperature has ranged from cool to warm. The tech at the shop in Fife (WA) told me it was because I was riding in a gear too high for the speed I was going and told me I needed to let it run at a higher RPM -- like up to 35 in third gear, no 5th gear until I hit 45 or more. I did that today but still got it. It shifts fine, it rides fine but that code makes my blood run cold. I have no clue how to check for a code (newb, remember?). I love my Spyder and want to take good care of her -- any ideas?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nanomous View Post
    I've gotten the same thing three times now and it scares me spitless as a newb. I've had my Spyder about two and a half months. It seems to happen at the end of a ride, temperature has ranged from cool to warm. The tech at the shop in Fife (WA) told me it was because I was riding in a gear too high for the speed I was going and told me I needed to let it run at a higher RPM -- like up to 35 in third gear, no 5th gear until I hit 45 or more. I did that today but still got it. It shifts fine, it rides fine but that code makes my blood run cold. I have no clue how to check for a code (newb, remember?). I love my Spyder and want to take good care of her -- any ideas?
    Do it happen when you in low our high gears, it happen to me if I stay.in 1st or 2nd to long ,

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nanomous View Post
    Which bike do you have?
    As far as this thread goes...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Which bike do you have?
    As far as this thread goes...
    uploadfromtaptalk1435503706684.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk