Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Apple Car Play Compensation

We received a notice from BRP regarding compensation for the technical issues surrounding Apple Car Play. Please do not ask about specifics on how this issue is handled, this is just to inform owners about the notice. If you have purchased an affected MY24 Can-Am Spyder prior to May 24th, 2024 you should receive a letter from BRP regarding the compensation outlined below.

"While our teams continue to work on a resolution, we have come up with a way to let customers know that we appreciate their patience by issuing an extended B.E.S.T. coverage for one year (if applicable) or a $500 Parts, Accessories and Apparel (PA&A) credit."
    BRP parts discount to all Spyderlovers members!

Free delivery for new Spyders to the lower 48!
    http://www.imotorsportsinc.com
    sales@imotorsportsinc.com

Spyder Garage

Nice!
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

BajaRons@BajaRons.com
    423-609-7588

Spyder Garage

Bet it doesn't happen, but if it does that would be nice.
    Last edited by JB62; 05-24-2024 at 02:18 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems Apple Car Play is essentially road kill for Granny Clampett.
    Everyone should skip the warranty since that hedges the bet in favor of the house.
    Getting a gift certificate for $500 is only about $200 out of BRPs pocket.
    A year of warranty for $500 seems steep when you can get several years for only slightly more.

Be careful drinking Kool Aid
    All the best to everyone effected with this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Geez! It seems there are going to be Negative Nancy's all over this one. At least they are doing something for you guys. I say be grateful and appreciate that they are doing anything at all.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Until the check clears my bank it didn't happen.
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

IMG_9531.jpg

Just got an email from BRP.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

If they are doing this that would be great and the right thing to do
    2024 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Riplin View Post
    IMG_9531.jpg

Just got an email from BRP.
    While I sincerely hope that the iMotorsports report is correct, I'd be checking elsewhere about the validity of anything and everything of that ^^ particular attachment and anything it asks you to do!!

Missed words & poor grammar are just a couple, but from what little I can see, there are numerous warning signs that could be dodgy just in what's there, so I wouldn't click on anything in that message or call any number they suggest UNTIL AFTER you've confirmed that the link as shown/number as given is valid by other means!!

You can't be too careful, the scammers/low-lives are very quick these days, and that ^^ message doesn't even match the quote from iMotorsports, let alone all the rest...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    While I sincerely hope that the iMotorsports report is correct, I'd be checking elsewhere about the validity of anything and everything of that ^^ particular attachment and anything it asks you to do!!

Missed words & poor grammar are just a couple, but from what little I can see, there are numerous warning signs that could be dodgy just in what's there, so I wouldn't click on anything in that message or call any number they suggest UNTIL AFTER you've confirmed that the link as shown/number as given is valid by other means!!

You can't be too careful, the scammers/low-lives are very quick these days, and that ^^ message doesn't even match the quote from iMotorsports, let alone all the rest...
    IMG_9533.jpg

He is the email with the address.
    I have been asking Craig every week for an update.
    Today I sent an email asking if he had any news.

So Peter I think I’m getting $500.
    Hopefully you do to.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Seems Apple Car Play is essentially road kill for Granny Clampett.
    Everyone should skip the warranty since that hedges the bet in favor of the house.
    Getting a gift certificate for $500 is only about $200 out of BRPs pocket.
    A year of warranty for $500 seems steep when you can get several years for only slightly more.

Be careful drinking Kool Aid
    All the best to everyone effected with this.
    .... I encounter the same thing with my Sirius XM subscription, when I go to renew it. .... I don't know what the reg. FULL price is, but I have refused to pay more than $ 6.00 per month..... I tell them my FM radio gets better reception, and my MP-3 player gets it perfect .... and it costs SIRIUS - NOTHING - to send me the signal, so I have never paid full price for it ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Called my dealer this morning to confirm that they had been informed about the $500 compensation. I was shocked that BRP actually informed them.
    Ordered short reach bars, a travel cover and a bunch of small stuff.
    It is a one time offer. Meaning you must redeem the $500 all at once.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

I like the "trust but verify" part of your post. I too was thrown off by the "missed words and poor grammer" that is usually a dead giveaway for a scam from another country.

The good side, it seems that the dealers are being informed and are jumping in with the $500 merchandise certificates. $500 is $500 and helps the "pain and suffering" from the Apple car play disappointment. Yes, I was in retail, so I know that it does not cost the Mothership the full amount.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I like the "trust but verify" part of your post. I too was thrown off by the "missed words and poor grammer" that is usually a dead giveaway for a scam from another country.

The good side, it seems that the dealers are being informed and are jumping in with the $500 merchandise certificates. $500 is $500 and helps the "pain and suffering" from the Apple car play disappointment. Yes, I was in retail, so I know that it does not cost the Mothership the full amount.
    Yes, $500 could be nice, unless, as I suspect, you will forced to use that $500 on BRP items only, and not on say anything from the Parts Unlimited catalog.
    Like an insurance company, very likely as BRP backpedals, they are expecting the least detrimental setback on their profits.
    Be a far more respectable offer of a true $500 check, considering, folks are already planning to sell their near new 2024 Spyders, simply on account of not having the as advertised and promised ACP.

Be really cool if they even offered $500 in fuel cards to enjoy your riding season, rather than a closet of BRP gear.
    Last edited by PMK; 05-25-2024 at 04:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

If I were an even bigger jerk than I actually am, I'd ask the dealer for the B.E.S.T. coverage extension.

Oh wait, the dealer didn't offer me a B.E.S.T. plan!
    Instead, they sold me a 3rd party plan, that forces me back to them for service!
    racoon
    Middle Tennessee
    2024 CAN-AM Spyder RT Sea-to-Sky - Vegas White Satin
    2023 Honda Ridgeline Sport - Sonic Grey Pearl (aka Baby Blue)
    2024 RT Sea-to-Sky , Vegas White Satin

Spyder Garage

Is everyone getting these compensation options ? I am in Canada and have a new STS 2024 Spyder and have not got an email or offered anything

Thanks
    2024 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by racoon View Post
    If I were an even bigger jerk than I actually am, I'd ask the dealer for the B.E.S.T. coverage extension.

Oh wait, the dealer didn't offer me a B.E.S.T. plan!
    Instead, they sold me a 3rd party plan, that forces me back to them for service!
    hope you did not pay more than $700. iMoto has been selling three years of BEST for around $700 for the last few years. One of the lowest prices offered. We talk about this one a lot.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hancop View Post
    Is everyone getting these compensation options ? I am in Canada and have a new STS 2024 Spyder and have not got an email or offered anything

Thanks
    I’m in Canada as well. Just phone your dealer. They will be able to help.
    2021 Ryker 900 (sold)
    2024 S2S

Spyder Garage

BRP should be ashamed of making one $500 option an extra (1) year of BEST. No confidence in their product? Should be two years in the $500 compensation.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .... I encounter the same thing with my Sirius XM subscription, when I go to renew it. .... I don't know what the reg. FULL price is, but I have refused to pay more than $ 6.00 per month..... I tell them my FM radio gets better reception, and my MP-3 player gets it perfect .... and it costs SIRIUS - NOTHING - to send me the signal, so I have never paid full price for it ..... Mike
    Not to get too off subject - but every time I renew my XM subscription, I have to spend about 30 minutes on the phone to get the same price, because they want to raise it every time I renew. A little polite negotiations, and I get the same price. I think for like 10 years running.........

Back on subject, when I saw the '24s were getting CarPlay, I seriously considered trading up. I like the integration with my phone. I empathize with all that are going through this - I had a kind of wild ride (but nothing to this extent) while buying my '22 in the then recent post-sickness world. I bought and installed a CaruPride unit and am mostly happy with that. It will do until I see how this shakes out. If they get it figured out in a few years or so, there may be a new one in my future.
    Last edited by Jesster72; 05-31-2024 at 12:17 PM. Reason: splelling eerrors
    2022 Sea to Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    It does cost them royalties though to provide you the service. I too only do the $6/month plan as well

Spyder Garage

If anyone actually takes them up on this offer, be curious to see what the fine print says. I'm guessing they are having you sign away something in order to get the BEST warranty or the $500 credit. Not going to say what that something is, but you can use your imagination

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that we aren't getting ACP, not now and not ever. I am getting a convertible to play with for a while that will keep my mind off of the Spyder, but I'm still halfway considering just selling it and washing my hands of this entire fiasco.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

while yall are crying about acp i have done two big charity rides this month 9300 miles of trouble free enjoyment on my new 24 rtl love the new locations and ease of operation for pb mode reverse cruise volume changing stations heated grips 4 ways trip reset volt meter miles to empty blue tooth so please ride more and enjoy instead of complaining and itll be like christmas when it becomes available by the way both rides where done this month

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    while yall are crying about acp i have done two big charity rides this month 9300 miles of trouble free enjoyment on my new 24 rtl love the new locations and ease of operation for pb mode reverse cruise volume changing stations heated grips 4 ways trip reset volt meter miles to empty blue tooth so please ride more and enjoy instead of complaining and itll be like christmas when it becomes available by the way both rides where done this month
    I've been riding mine as well, not 9,300 miles worth though. The bike runs fine, but every time I ride it I am reminded of how BRP suckered me into paying for a 2024 with the promise of ACP, when I could have bought a leftover 2023 for thousands less. And now I don't even have the one feature I paid the extra $$$ for. It's left me a just a little bit salty about the whole experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jfischer View Post
    It does cost them royalties though to provide you the service. I too only do the $6/month plan as well
    Being in Wisconsin, I always take the four or 5 month free SiriusXM streaming service and cancel it. Gets me from June > August/September.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue