Here is something that I had a volunteer engineer design and implement for me. It's a hoist to transfer someone from a wheelchair to the spyder passenger seat and back without requiring mobility. It comes along for the ride so that we can transfer to a lawn chair or other seating solution at the destination. This is the first year of really using it - so we only have a handful of rides under our belt. Thought you might enjoy it...

It uses:
- trailer hitch attachment as a base
- aluminum tubing
- ATV winch

It was custom built by an engineer. My passenger weighs around 100lbs, so the hoist is designed around a load limit of 600lbs. The most we've tested it with is 200lbs. The weakest spot in the design is the trailer hitch. When I load it up to 200lbs, you can really see the hitch trying to twist when the load is lifted and at maximum swing. The hoist itself is solid.

It weighs about 40lbs, putting it under the recommended tongue weight for the hitch. The only time I notice it while riding is when I'm taking a corner with a rough surface. The rear wheel doesn't behave the same as without the extra weight. It's perfectly fine - but I notice the suspension doesn't soak up the bumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YgxzoaTyRQ

I'm sure you'll have questions. I'll try to answer them - but be patient. I'm running a charity ride - www.RideForDoug.com this weekend and shouldn't be on this forum.....