Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle Camelbak

It has been hot enough around here (107 degrees) to warrant a Camelbak when riding. However, i wonder about using the Camelbak with the seat back i have. Any one use a hydration system with a seat back?
    2021 Can Am Spyder Sea-to-Sky
    1974 Kawasaki Z900

Spyder Garage

On my Valkyrie, I put mine in a tank bag. On the Spyder, I have a small styro cooler I put it into. It works great for me. I am in my 70s and drove across South Dakota in 90+ heat for 13 hours. Staying highlighted is the key!
    There are waterproof soft-sided bags made for cans that can easily be adapted to hold a camelback. https://rticoutdoors.com/shop/coolers/soft-sided

Spyder Garage

Look up motojug.com He makes a bag with6ft hose and bite valve u can mount on the passenger foot peg. It holds a gallon insulated jug. I bought a srainless steel insulated jug by Ozark Trail from Wal mart and have cold water all day, I love it.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    Venture Riders
    TOI
    2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I have a BRP Comfort Seat with BRP Driver's backrest and I swear by my Camelbak Rogue. The Rogue has been discontinued and replaced by a new Rogue Light model. I routinely ride with the Camelbak if I am doing anything other than running errands except during the months Nov-March when I just throw a water bottle in the trunk. I also have bicycled many thousands of miles with Camelbaks and would not be without one.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I place mine in a tank bag. I wrap it in a large towel for both insulation and collecting the condensation. I run the hose out and clip it to the edge of the map pocket.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

How do you drink if you're wearing a full-face helmet? There's almost no clearance for a tube, let alone a bite valve, with my Arai Signet. (Modular helmets are not an option, as I really have a long-oval head and nobody makes a modular long-oval helmet.)

Spyder Garage

I can't answer that as I do have a modular helmet. Maybe someone makes an angled bite valve that would give you enough room.Sorry.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    Venture Riders
    TOI
    2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Baxter, your question prompted me to hit the garage, don my Neotec and try to get my angled Camelbak bite valve between the soup coolers. in short, for me, ANW. In reality I could probably worm the bite valve between my lips to take a drink but there's no way I would try it on the road except at a dead stop. For safety the only way for me would be dead stop, loosen chin strap, shove helmet upward, take a drink. OTOH, that method, even if I had to completely undo chin strap would take less time than a full stop, remove helmet, gulp, etc.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S