Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT GPS power

Hi
    I searched to no avail - maybe I'm a bad searcher

I greatly appreciate advise on where to obtain power for my GPS, wire routing from handlebars, mating connector part number - where to order.

I have a red (assume +12) and a black GND wires to my GPS and approx. 6 feet of wire length.

Cheers
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

GPS power is on the right-front side of the bike. Here's what it looks like:
    Picture1.jpg

The GPS/Accessory connector is plugged into an empty socket for storage. You have to remove the 6 clip cover that gives you access to the oil filler and you have to remove the large top front body piece to be able to get to it. I cut off the current connector and ran it to where I could get to it in the future and put on battery tender type connectors and placed it near the break fluid canisters. Then I ran my connecting wires up into the glovebox. Some have reported that the polarity is swapped between the accessory connector and the wire mount harness. Cut off the connector and test the wires to make sure you know + and -. Connect as you see fit using waterproof splices or connectors and run up to where you want. I ran to my glovebox.

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    GPS power is on the right-front side of the bike. Here's what it looks like:
    Picture1.jpg

The GPS/Accessory connector is plugged into an empty socket for storage. Some have reported that the polarity is swapped between the accessory connector and the wire mount harness. Cut off the connector and test the wires to make sure you know + and -. Connect as you see fit using waterproof splices or connectors and run up to where you want. I ran to my glovebox.

Rob
    Thank you greatly apperciated - to bad no one found a mating connector - easy enough to probe connector and reverse wiring out of GPS if needed.

Spyder Garage

Step by step directions and pics in the "2020 RT panel removal" thread.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you completed installation - cut off connector and made connection. The power was correctly wired (Blue - +12V).

Plan to replaced my soldered wires over winter with 2 prong connectors for easy disconnect.