Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47
  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Anybody buy Slingmods Ryker 3- bag system?

    Opinions good or bad appreciated. I also wonder if thereís a warranty. Didnít think I saw anything on that. cueman

  2. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    116
    Spyder Garage
    2

    Default

    Isn't it just still on pre-order?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Ness Vision
    2015 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Thought I read they are in stock and ready to ship. Now I would want to inform you to be fair, I just had need surgery yesterday and who knows? LOL cueman

  4. #4
    Active Member Markubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    251
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Its still shown as pre-order only.

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I just called and you are correct.

  6. #6
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    102
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I can't wait to see this in person. I am liking all the lights for safety. I fabricated top case rack for my Ryker shortly after I bought it. Top case that I have holds 2 large modular helmets with communication systems and few gloves also 2 water bottles. All of that can be locked up safely. Most of time I ride by myself, I can put my Revit Sand 3 jacket, full face modular helmet, gloves gets locked up while having my coffee break.

  7. #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    I just called and you are correct.
    Also, they said shipping would be about $150.00 Now, if I remember correctly, another company was selling the exact same system but I can’t find it at the moment. Maybe the other company won’t charge for shipping. cueman

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I have been indecisive on this item and waiting. Glad I did as now that I know you have to disconnect the wire to remove the cases and with 150.00 shipping cost I will have to pass. Just a little too pricey for me.

  9. #9
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    51
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    i cant imagine 150 for shipping you can have a large safe delivered and set up for that price. i was gonna buy one but if they are asking 150 to ship it i will pass till they get realistic with shipping prices.

  10. #10
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    They did say that it would be shipped in three boxes but still, I think that’s a deal breaker for me also. cueman

  11. #11
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    128
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonjrc View Post
    I have been indecisive on this item and waiting. Glad I did as now that I know you have to disconnect the wire to remove the cases and with 150.00 shipping cost I will have to pass. Just a little too pricey for me.
    I was wondering same thing, also that wire that taps into the wiring in the back, must run all the way by the swingarm then return back under the seat? Would it be that hard to wire a plug harness so it's a quick disconnect would be my question.

  12. #12
    Active Member Markubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    251
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    I was wondering same thing, also that wire that taps into the wiring in the back, must run all the way by the swingarm then return back under the seat? Would it be that hard to wire a plug harness so it's a quick disconnect would be my question.
    The wiring that runs along the swingarm does have quick disconnect plugs up at the bags.

  13. #13
    Member MidlifeRyker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    28
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I pre-ordered these last week. Shipping to Colorado was $100, as my total was $799. I can't wait until April which they state as an ETA for the item(s). I'll definitely be putting up a review post once installed.

  14. #14
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,471
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dklehman View Post
    i cant imagine 150 for shipping you can have a large safe delivered and set up for that price. i was gonna buy one but if they are asking 150 to ship it i will pass till they get realistic with shipping prices.
    I guess you haven't tried to ship anything lately, it's not cheap and the bulkier the box the more it is. Since they haven't shipped yet the jury is still out on that. Look at the prices on quality motorcycle luggage and the value becomes pretty clear. https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-luggage-and-bags
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

  15. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidlifeRyker View Post
    I pre-ordered these last week. Shipping to Colorado was $100, as my total was $799. I can't wait until April which they state as an ETA for the item(s). I'll definitely be putting up a review post once installed.
    I’m in Ohio and that was probably why my shipping was higher since Slingmods is in Cali. I think.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I like the setup and not complaining about the price. Price it accordingly and be done.
    I do work in shipping and can assure you I can send them with next day delivery for under 100.00 demotic of course. I’m my opinion 100 or 150 is over priced for shipping and the reason I will not purchase. I really do like it and it’s too bad for me but just can’t justify the shipping cost.

  17. #17
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,471
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colonjrc View Post
    I like the setup and not complaining about the price. Price it accordingly and be done.
    I do work in shipping and can assure you I can send them with next day delivery for under 100.00 demotic of course. I’m my opinion 100 or 150 is over priced for shipping and the reason I will not purchase. I really do like it and it’s too bad for me but just can’t justify the shipping cost.
    What company would that be for under $100 when you don’t know the size or weight of the boxes? Overnight too? Nope.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

  18. #18
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    39
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I think this isa Pricey, But if 150.00 is the correct additional shipping cost then its a pass for me

  19. #19
    Active Member troop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    367
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    What company would that be for under $100 when you don’t know the size or weight of the boxes? Overnight too? Nope.
    I've purchased several pieces of Givi luggage from this company in Italy. In addition to best prices, you can get all the luggage you want shipped to the USA for less than $35. Any shipping over $100 is additional profit..
    https://www.motostorm.it/en/
    2019 F3-S SE6 Monolith Black
    --------------------------------
    Comfort: Madstad 14" dark gray - 20" light gray windshields/Seth Laam seat (processing)/Homemade floorboards-highway pegs/+4 and +5 linkage/Long Reach Bars/Heated grips/Big Bike rider backrest

    Ride and Handling: Spyder**** sway bar/Vredestein Q5 front tires/Two Up shock

    Performance: DynoJet PV3/K&N air filter/Baldwin cat delete pipe

    Convenience: Shad detachable luggage/Spyder**** USB-12V powerport/Detachable passenger seat storage box

    Safety: H4 LED headlights/Aux fender LED lights/TricLED driving lights/TricLED run-brake-turn rear light/Frunk lip LED light strip

  20. #20
    Active Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    51
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    First off until I hold one in my hand I wouldn't say if these are quality luggage or not. Also revzilla ships for free for orders over 50 bucks. I don't feel like it needs to be free but should be more reasonable.

  21. #21
    Very Active Member chris56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    austria
    Posts
    1,202
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    if I would ryde solo I would prefer the "Lamont" System, this Slingmods Modell holds maximum 10 pounds for each case which is not really enough for a 2up weekend ..
    I could not find out how they fix it to the max-mount, there is no space for screws under it, our FOX-shock on the back had to be adjusted now to the maximum, we got in the "closed" fender from the 900 STD two (not good looking) cuts, and we are both not really heavy ..
    For a 2up-tour You should always try to get more heavy load in the tankbag and not in the topcase, if its installed behind the passenger !!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQsis3FES4&t=21s
    Ryker 900 - Fox-shock - TOYO - larger shield - 2up & a topace

  22. #22
    Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    North Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,471
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I've purchased several pieces of Givi luggage from this company in Italy. In addition to best prices, you can get all the luggage you want shipped to the USA for less than $35. Any shipping over $100 is additional profit..
    https://www.motostorm.it/en/
    Good deals there. But add mounts and lights. I think the shipping thing wouldn't bother anyone if they added it to the price. Would $799 and free shipping make people feel better?
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650

  23. #23
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    IMHO if I’m buying an unproven new product I would think the company would, in this case, sell for $700.00 shipped to get their product out there and reviewed. There’s plenty of time to make max profit if it turns out to be a good quality set up. It seems like there’s a lot of interest but shipping cost is pushing it over the top for many. cueman

  24. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Euclid, Ohio
    Posts
    19
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I saw the Slingmod luggage video on YouTube. I have an F3T and was very impressed with that set up. I even watched the installation! I am curious about how the Rykers rear section will perform with all bags loaded and a passenger?

  25. #25
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    N.E. Ohio
    Posts
    416
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    That is a good reason to get this product out to be reviewed so people can know what to expect at a more reasonable cost. May be other cost like, but not limited to, suspension that may also be a cost factor. cueman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •