So had a bit of a moment yesterday on my F3s Daytona.Was heading home after a great day through the twisties with the wife on board. Heading uphill on a straight section with a bit of a dogleg turn to the left ,no oncoming traffic so kept the throttle into it but would have normally nursed the throttle a bit to keep it all sane had there been any traffic.. Think I was in fifth or sixth gear can't remember, as I initiated the turn the Spyder spat sideways in an instant with tyres howling and we were both just passengers.My initial thought was something had broken or the rear wheel had locked I steered into it and pulled it back from what felt like about a 40 degree angle. As quickly as it happened we were straight again, had washed off a bit of speed and I headed to a pull off area two more corners away to change our undies.Got off the bike and said to the wife wtf just happened ? She said why did you slam on the brakes like that I could have fallen off if I hadn't been holding on.I replied my foot was no where near the bloody brakes it did it itself. We crept home with an uneasy feeling and as we did I remembered fellow Aussie member Treva had recently posted about a similar drama a while back.
Fast forward to today Monday and called my dealer who said bring it in I'll have a coffee ready for you and we'll hook up Buds,great service.Anyhow turns out there is a download from BRP he needs so couldn't get to it while I was there as it was going to take hours to download so we left it for another day that suits.
Road was dry, stock tyres were 16psi front 28 rear,battery shows 13v static load,Elka rear shock,heavier sway bar, increased preload on stock front shocks, laser aligned, bike corners like it's on rails normally with ocassional nanny tsk tsk on the tight stuff, no codes shown on dashboard 4,000 k's on Spyder my first one but not my first rodeo.
In the mean time till the update I'm just wondering if any one else has had a similar event and if it's a common thing or could it be that I simply lost traction and nanny saved the day.It was really violent beyond what I would expect from a nanna but hey here to learn any thoughts?