Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default Nothing important

    Need to send a PM to someone on the board, but I am new to the board and it says I can't send a PM unless I have a post. So, this is #1.

  2. #2
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    1,140
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    There you go that was easy. Welcome to the forum Baron14y.

  3. #3
    Active Member starrider60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    laurel, mississippi
    Posts
    150
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Welcome.. Lots of nice people here. Now you can learn how to post your ride and lie about your long rides. Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude. Just the old biker coming out

  4. #4
    Very Active Member Grandpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC
    Posts
    1,544
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    It's OK, we don't bite. Welcome aboard.
    2011 RTS
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    US Navy Veteran
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    Vice President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

  5. #5
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Central VERMONT
    Posts
    12,990
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    …. & …. ….. Mike

  6. #6
    Very Active Member Chupaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA.
    Posts
    30,910
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default Now you've done it...

    Welcome to the 🎪.... interesting .... been here a spell and didn't know that...see you taught and oldtimer something on your first post...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

    ​2012 RS sm5

  7. #7
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starrider60 View Post
    Welcome.. Lots of nice people here. Now you can learn how to post your ride and lie about your long rides. Sorry. Didn't mean to be rude. Just the old biker coming out
    I never rode a motorcycle till I was 78 years old. I am working into it so, so far, my longest ride is about 20 miles. Still trying to get my wife to ride along. Now if the Florida temp would stay below 90, it would be a lot more comfortable. Unless, of course, I can get the Spyder a/c working. It does have a/c, doesn't it?

  8. #8
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    1,140
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    I never rode a motorcycle till I was 78 years old. I am working into it so, so far, my longest ride is about 20 miles. Still trying to get my wife to ride along. Now if the Florida temp would stay below 90, it would be a lot more comfortable. Unless, of course, I can get the Spyder a/c working. It does have a/c, doesn't it?
    Yes just twist the handle grip on the right and the air gets cooler the more you turn it. but it sure has been hot down there in Florida my a/c bill has been through the roof.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 06-26-2019 at 04:45 PM.

  9. #9
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Yes just twist the handle grip on the right and the air gets cooler the more you turn it. but it sure has been hot down there in Florida my a/c bill has been through the roof.
    I tried your procedure for the a/c yesterday morning. It worked perfectly till about 11:00 AM, then, not so good.

  10. #10
    Very Active Member RICZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    559
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Ride your Spyder up in the Florida mountains where it's cooler. There are mountains there, aren't there?
    Anyhoo, a big howdy from the PNW.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.

  11. #11
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    1,140
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    When I go to Florida for the winter this year I hope to bring the Spyder this time, and maybe take a day trip to the mountains of Florida; Mount Dora.

  12. #12
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Ride your Spyder up in the Florida mountains where it's cooler. There are mountains there, aren't there?
    Anyhoo, a big howdy from the PNW.
    There were. There was a large mountain range, but somebody sneezed near it and blew it away.

  13. #13
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron14y View Post
    I tried your procedure for the a/c yesterday morning. It worked perfectly till about 11:00 AM, then, not so good.
    The heat index is 105 right now. Even the Spyder a/c won't help.

  14. #14
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    1,140
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    we had a day off from the high heat only got to 80 today Spyder A/C worked good.

  15. #15
    Active Member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Durham,Maine
    Posts
    440
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    I REALLY DONT KNOW how you can ride a spyder in the south summer around Florida ect, Mississippi, Texas. It get's warm and sticky .but NO WAY as bad as down there, up here in Maine we have it good but there are days where it 's just not cool enough to ride!!! God LOVE you guy's down there!! Don't know how you do it!!!

  16. #16
    Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Waynesboro, PA
    Posts
    1,140
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I REALLY DONT KNOW how you can ride a spyder in the south summer around Florida ect, Mississippi, Texas. It get's warm and sticky .but NO WAY as bad as down there, up here in Maine we have it good but there are days where it 's just not cool enough to ride!!! God LOVE you guy's down there!! Don't know how you do it!!!
    I love Maine, Maine will always be home for me. I still get up that way once and a while to visit. I moved to PA years ago and go to FL for the winter now. You get use to the heat after a while but when it get over 90 then its kinda hot. Spyder A/C works good in the morning before the heat sets in.

  17. #17
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    I love Maine, Maine will always be home for me. I still get up that way once and a while to visit. I moved to PA years ago and go to FL for the winter now. You get use to the heat after a while but when it get over 90 then its kinda hot. Spyder A/C works good in the morning before the heat sets in.
    And, as if the heat wasn't bad enough, the T storms come in after about 3:00 PM.

  18. #18
    Active Member Baron14y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Palm Bay, Florida
    Posts
    108
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I REALLY DONT KNOW how you can ride a spyder in the south summer around Florida ect, Mississippi, Texas. It get's warm and sticky .but NO WAY as bad as down there, up here in Maine we have it good but there are days where it 's just not cool enough to ride!!! God LOVE you guy's down there!! Don't know how you do it!!!
    In January, we remember what it is like in Maine.

  19. #19
    Active Member ricford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Calhoun, La
    Posts
    253
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I have recommended this product because it works really really really well. Veskimo.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •